Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Was it confirmed she restarts the universe or could she be jumping between dimensions?

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Was it confirmed she restarts the universe or could she be jumping between dimensions?
    According to the Homo novissima guy, she reboots the universe but he can be wrong. The Homo novissima guy also says that the Dominions are immune to this reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    According to the Homo novissima guy, she reboots the universe but he can be wrong. The Homo novissima guy also says that the Dominions are immune to this reset.

Lol thank you! I need to practice my reading comprehension.

If Moira never gets involved, human-mutant relations never get to the point that humans build giant robots.
    If giant, mutant-killing robots are never developed, the Dominions never get that ‘in’ to begin purging mutantkind in their hunt for Moira.
    If the Dominions never begin purging mutantkind through their human tools and agents, then human-mutant relations potentially go in a MUCH better direction.

Even if this isn’t the eventual payoff, this is what I love about this run, so far. The things it gets us thinking and talking about...!

Fantastic Member

Whats interesting to me in line with the OP's theory is that in HOX 2. On the info page it says that if she was a passive participant then things would proceed almost exactly as before.

Going back to the idea that this has come to tye notice of the Phalanx and Dominion that one small seemingly insignificant thing is affecting it all.....what if Moira's ability extends not to just the current universe but what if a her death and subsequent reincarnation, alters and restarts other realities as well meaning the Ultimate universe the AOA timeline, Mutant X timeline etc are rebooted or restarted. That would make her more of a threat on the level of the Phalanx because it stops them in any timeline. They'd definitely want her dead then and it would be interesting to see other universes reset as far as storytelling could go

Fantastic Member

BTW, sometimes I think Xorn is a sneeze away from Rasputin and Cardinal coming out of his head. If black holes are able to "ignore" Moira's reset due to its ability to bend the laws of physics, perhaps Xorn can connect to his past versions.

Xorn is like a mini-Titan.
    That would be interesting too

Perhaps on the first timeline the difference is not that Moira does nothing, it is that she has not done anything yet.

I mean, in Moira's first life she still hadn't caused a universal reset. The Dominions have no reason to fear her.

Perhaps that first life was what angered the Dominions and they began to act against her. They exist outside time and space but they should note that there has been a reboot.

What would be ironic is that they probably don't know that killing her is what activates the power and their solution has simply caused even more reboots. With the information from Homo novissima, they probably would have devised a plan to make her immortal or put her in stasis to stop bothering them.
    Last edited by Glio; 06-17-2020 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Whats interesting to me in line with the OP's theory is that in HOX 2. On the info page it says that if she was a passive participant then things would proceed almost exactly as before.

Going back to the idea that this has come to tye notice of the Phalanx and Dominion that one small seemingly insignificant thing is affecting it all.....what if Moira's ability extends not to just the current universe but what if a her death and subsequent reincarnation, alters and restarts other realities as well meaning the Ultimate universe the AOA timeline, Mutant X timeline etc are rebooted or restarted. That would make her more of a threat on the level of the Phalanx because it stops them in any timeline. They'd definitely want her dead then and it would be interesting to see other universes reset as far as storytelling could go
    That's a good question. There are other Moira's, so she'd have to restart them, too. I bet it only affects 616. Wasn't she a mutant in the Ultimate X-Men?

Perhaps on the first timeline the difference is not that Moira does nothing, it is that she has not done anything yet.

I mean, in Moira's first life she still hadn't caused a universal reset. The Dominions have no reason to fear her.

Perhaps that first life was what angered the Dominions and they began to act against her. They exist outside time and space but they should note that there has been a reboot.

What would be ironic is that they probably don't know that killing her is what activates the power and their solution has simply caused even more reboots. With the information from Homo novissima, they probably would have devised a plan to make her immortal or put her in stasis to stop bothering them.
    But they didn't know about the restart, yet, according to the Homo novissisma guy. They won't know until he becoems god, and he wasn't sure he should. The Dominion would know because he knew and they're absorbing him, right?

But they didn't know about the restart, yet, according to the Homo novissisma guy. They won't know until he becoems god, and he wasn't sure he should. The Dominion would know because he knew and they're absorbing him, right?
    They would not know the cause of the reboot but I think they know there has been a reboot. How can they not know? They exist beyond time and space but have agents like the Phalanx that are affected by the timeline.

If from one day to the next all your subordinates come into existence as they did 40 years ago, you must have realized that something has happened. You just don't know why or who.

Another theory that I have linked to the interference of the Dominions in the AI is that perhaps on the first timeline there was indeed racism against the mutants. But this racism without the existence of Sentinel technology never reached a point where there was a conflict, so it was not relevant to Moira's life. Imagine a world without Sentinels. There would have been no events like the Genosha massacre, mutants like Magneto would probably take more peaceful positions.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If nothing else, this just proves we NEED that Moira solo book...written by HiX-Man and illustrate by Silva and Larraz.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Another thing that has occurred to me. The Phoenix is one of the forces opposing the Dominions.

The White Hot Room also exists outside time and space.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I can't think this is just an oversight by Hickman, that she would not be wondering what mutants were, as if the world would never know or talk about mutants in her first life, unless, as she mentions, that something similar to the observer effect is to blame, and the rise in mutants is due to her looking for mutants.
    I said this in the original thread, at the time I was giving Hickman more credit, but now I think he was just borrowing the style from something he read. It could still be the key to solving the riddle, but Hickman might not be locked in to any one plan anyway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I said this in the original thread, at the time I was giving Hickman more credit, but now I think he was just borrowing the style from something he read. It could still be the key to solving the riddle, but Hickman might not be locked in to any one plan anyway.
    Yeah, I feel like this 'event' isn't quite like the others, with a pre-determined ending date already graven in stone.

There is a *lot* still to unpack about this Krakoa-verse, and they've been trickling it out pretty conservatively, so I suspect that, unlike most events like Age of Apocalypse, this one has the option of continuing for a bit. If we keep eating it up, I imagine they'll keep serving it for awhile longer, not just wrap it all up on Month X because 'the story / event is over.'

Fantastic Member

That's a good question. There are other Moira's, so she'd have to restart them, too. I bet it only affects 616. Wasn't she a mutant in the Ultimate X-Men?
    I know she used Banshee and had a sonic scream afterward. I cant remember if she was ever really said to be a mutant but if she gained abilities from mutant growth hormone I would guess she was. Her and Xavier were married though which is like one of her lives