Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Definitely #2 for Xia.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    I feel like 2 is the only one that makes sense for Ōmu aha.
    Get in jail with grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Get in jail with grandma.
    Selma wishes she could get in jail with grandma. She misses her grandma and wants to spend time with one, even in jail.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Sigourney's profile pretty much screams scenario #1

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    I'm gonna give all the bios one more look over a little later today. If your bio isn't linked into the list yet be sure to kick my ass so I add it....and once this is all squared away we can begin barring any serious need to additional time.
    Not an ass kick, but you have Kaiser and Irriana that haven't been listed as of yet, at least.
    Last edited by Noldere; 06-26-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Not an ass kick, but you have Kaiser and Irriana that haven't been listed as of yet, at least.
    Easy enough to fix.....and bam.

Name: CHAYAASHNI.
    Race: Mascot. She resembles a large cat, with strikingly huge golden eyes. People sometimes think she is a cat, until they notice her long fingers and toes with retractable claws. Her fur is brindled black and gold. She can easily walk, leap and run either two-legged or four-legged. She is also extremely agile and acrobatic, and she has excellent day and night vision.

She can emit an electro-magnetic charge through her long, prehensile tail, which she can use to jump-start some engines. She can also reverse the polarity of the charge at will.

She is capable of great cruelty, especially to those who have wronged her, but can also be very loyal and affectionate to those who have been kind to her. (But beware of her hunger: she likes to play with her food before killing it. In the throes of hunger-madness, she may even eat you.)

She is a strong telempath, especially with animals. She also has a keen sense of curiosity. It is difficult to gauge her precise intelligence level, but it would be very unwise to underestimate her.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 06-27-2020 at 09:22 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

I'm thinking about making a character for this. Who once was had a family he provided for and who live a relatively peaceful life only caring about provided for his family. That is until all hell broke loose and he lost them.

A character would have attempted to off himself many times after losing his family but was unsuccessful every time. Due to being cursed with immortality.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I might make one final edit to the bio late on today. Still working out my ideas.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

For what it's worth, this is what I'm probably going to stick with, unless I need to make some changes.

Name: Lucifer Radiare

Race: Human

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Height: 174 cm (5'8")

Weight: 72.5 kg (160 lbs)

Backstory:

Can you really call it an extended leave of absence if the reason you're not working is because your workplace of ten years and home of nearly thirty are gone?

Probably not, and even if he could, he's been absolutely and explicitly forbidden from entering the facilities of the A-11 branch of Illuminare's LuxWeave division (save to deliver the prototypes and personal backup data of the A-9 branches last two projects) until he's had at least a month of time off.

Time to explore a new city, I guess.

Class: Lightbringer

Occupation: Chief Prototyper of Illuminare's LuxWeave division (A-9 branch).

Items:
    • Bandolier containing several high-end portable storage units
    • Mnemosyne (Mneme for short), a modular smartphone / mind machine interface
    • Prototype materials for Project Glamour and Project Shift.

Mundus Rank - 0
    • Body: 05
    • Mind: 20
      • Encode Memory - "I can make a copy of my memories and convert them into a memory crystal, which can be read and processed by a machine (as though it were a quantum memory chip) or directly absorbed and experienced by any living creature possessed of a compatible mind."
      • Telekinetic Flight - "I've been told that I may have a talent for moving things with my mind; thus far, it seems that 'things' refers only to myself and what I'm carrying. Which, given how rough actually moving at a decent pace can be, is probably a hidden blessing."
    • Soul: 50
      • Evanesce - "In an instant, I can make it so that light travels through me and my personal effects unimpeded rendering both me and said effects invisible. No form of natural light can defeat this invisibility; whether some as-of-yet unknown form of supernatural light is a matter I'd be curious to discover- in a safe, peaceful environment."
      • Lightweaving - "To make anything elaborate or complex with it takes a bit, but I can take ambient light and solidify it, forming it into fibrous strands that I can simply will into a shape of my choosing- or alternatively, let another manipulate into a shape of their choosing. Either way, the clothes and other textile material made from this fabric are literally light-weight, yet highly durable and resilient."
      • Radiant Devourer - "I can consume- or rather, absorb- light and other forms of radiant energy* and store it within me. This stored energy can then be used to restore lost stamina or power my other abilities. It's a shame that light makes for such a light meal though, or else I may very well be able to live off the stuff."
      • Radiant Genesis - "If I can touch it, I can make light emanate from it- of type and intensity as I will. This bestowed light lasts as long as I remain in contact with the bestowed, or up to a day beyond my reach- after which it fades."
      • Radiant Sight - "As I bear and can cause others to bear, so too can I bear witness; my eyes can perceive- and my mind process and interpret- all carriers and forms of radiant energy*."

*Energy from electromagnetic and gravitational radiation

Special:
    • Almost unnaturally compelled- at times due to pride in the work itself, at others due to fear of being found wanting- to see any job or task he starts or is brought in on through to its very end- and sometimes beyond. "I often had to be ordered to take breaks in my few years at Illuminare as otherwise I'd literally stay on a job until it was done or it reached an absolute stopping point. The first month or so in the then newly formed LuxWeave division was definitely the worst of it, though. After a little over a month of working every possible shift I could make it to, getting an absolute maximum of two hours of sleep a day (when I got any at all) and racking up so much overtime that I thought my check stub from the end of that month was smoking, the CEO personally dragged me out the building and put under house arrest."
    • Frustratingly forthright
    • Operates on a polyphasic sleep cycle, to waste as little time sleeping as possible.
    • Persistently pensive when not actively engaged.
    • Sporadically yet frequently enters into sardonic and/or self-depreciative funks when stressed.

Themes:

I wish I could come up with better skills, I mean the ones I have are good and the idea behind them is to be piratical as in these are the Skills used by Matt for what he does and how he survives. But I wonder if I'm missing out on something. Missing out on an opportunity. I might have one space open, but I don't know what to use it for.

Random Comments (Character Comments in Italics)

The Hand is Quicker Than The Eye - Constant martial training gives a fighter a more instinctual mind. Every move has been committed to muscle memory, shortening the time needed to react in combat. Those few instances could be the difference between surviving and dying. With this skill active, Xia has improved speed and reflexes for the sole purpose of parrying and counterattacking.

Body Forged In Bamboo - Xia spent much of her training as a teenager being whacked with a bamboo cane while performing a split atop the backs of two chairs and blindfolded. This archaic and slightly draconian training method has given her a higher pain tolerance.
    The 1st one almost reads like a restriction on what I thought the Body stat already lets you do, while the 2nd one simply reads like one of the things the Body stat already lets you do. Likewise, these...

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Physical
    1) Boosted Stamina - For an old lady, Jagrati can keep going for a long time. Many grandchildren have regretted the invitation to take their grammy on a walk and have found themselves being outstripped by the chuckling matriarch. She also doesn't seem to sleep much. She always says the rising of the sun lifts her spirit and she can go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Body Skills

Inhuman Strength: When the world puts great weight upon your shoulders, you either bow and break under it, or you grow stronger. For Selma, she grew stronger, her muscles becoming strong enough to break solid slabs of concrete with a punch, a kick, or even a headbutt, and she is able to lift over a ton and carry it for long periods of time.

Iron Body: Beaten, battered, but never broken, Selma's body has toughened from the punishment delivered upon her. She can take a punishment that would normally leave a person incapacitated and fight through agonizing pain as well as fight at peak condition for longer than the normal person.

Fancy Footwork: Running, dodging, and escaping were a fact of life when Selma was a child. This caused her to become far faster than normal, as well as engage complex feats of agility and dexterity, performing moves with speed and skill that would leave Olympic-level athletes green with envy.
    ...all read like things the Body stat already does.

Feather Caught in the Breeze - The spiritual power of chi unlocks endless possibilities for a martial practitioner. One of the more simplistic but mesmerizing abilities is that of flight. Xia discovered that she could fly completely by accident. She decided that walking on the ground was boring, so she decided to walk on air instead. She can fly, or air-walk, for a limited number of posts. Current limit is four posts.
    I saw air-walk and immediately thought of this.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Appearance:

2) Coat of Arms - A quilted haori-style coat. Various mediums, from mismatched textiles to pieces of untreated animal hide are stitched together to an expertly tailored - if exceptionally garish - train that drags behind her. Heavy!
    If you'd like, I can make some clothes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Physical

2) Escapology: You can't grab what isn't there, when your opponent can worm out of your snare! Surprisingly flexible considering her build and - usual - profession, Kinu has a preternatural ability to escape compromised, cloistered conundrums! Binds, chokes, no holds barred, she thinks even ropes and chains and locks are mere canards! If Kinu is in a scenario where she is completely physically restrained, given at least 3 posts she can likely find a way out!

Soul

1) Issen (一閃 "Fatal Flash") - A charismatic performer is only as good as she is able to work a crowd. By tapping into Issen, colloquially known as the Hype Generator, if you believe in Kinu, she can make impossible feats happen and turn the tide (1 use per engagement)

2) Squared Circle - The ring isn't merely a thing made of ropes and canvas, but is a construct within the hearts and minds of the true Wrestler! Because she regards everything around her as a potential avenue for a performance, so is Kinu able to incorporate most anything and probably everything into her act - even if it's not meant to be used that way! If she thinks something can be used as a prop - rope, canvas, or turnbuckle - by some strange quirk of will, it will gain properties to behave in that fashion. (Ie: if she thinks that steel railing will work about as well as a rubber rope, using Squared Circle will make her opponent bounce off of it).
    Hax. So much hax.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Soul

Conceal: A defensive ability that suppresses some or all presence of himself, allowing him to hide from others completely. He can, for example, reduce his own 'presence' to match that of the surrounding area in order to blend in; or reduce it completely, often used while hiding in the shadows or behind walls or physical objects. You can think of it like a Dimmer Switch.
    This reminds me of that one Assassin from Saga Frontier 2 that hid his presence by matching his Anima with that of his surroundings. Just about the only person that could see him was the guy who didn't have Anima (and thus couldn't be fooled by the Anima based trick).

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Name: Owen Stark Calliburn
    If you get a sword, I swear...

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Body: 20
    Mind:10
    Soul: 40
    Unless you're deliberately not spending points, you have 5 more you can put somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

Items: She carries a light pack, wallet, and the clothes on her back.

She tends to dress... modestly.
    If you'd like, I can make some clothes for you...

Body LV: 50

Níðhöggr's Ouroboros - "While gnawed at from the inside out, the Dragon eats its own tail..." - The fire inside Arx burns twice as hot, and offers only consumption. In exchange for the ability to consume magic equal to her score in Body; Arxiros must perform this action at least once per day, lest she suffer a multiplicative withering effect equal to (5) points per day until her Body score reaches (0). Should this happen, Arx will die.
    ... just try not to eat them.Or me...

Arx's 'Dragon Fire' is golden and more closely resembles lighting than proper fire.
    Do you mean lightning?

Special:

- Fight Like a Dirty Bastard: Selma's combat skills weren't taught in a dojo or a gym. Instead they were taught by a lifetime of fighting to defend herself from those who wished to harm her. It is a hodgepodge of moves learned from watching (or receiving) moves from opponents and learning to replicate them herself before molding the various moves into an unorthodox, but effective, fighting style. But what makes her dangerous isn't the kicks, punches, grapples, or holds she's managed to pick up, but instead the fact that she can, and will, use every dirty trick she can. Groin shots, throwing sand or similar substances into the eyes, kidney punches, weapons, biting; nothing is off-limits to Selma, because she's fighting to survive and that means fighting as dirty as possible.
    So... She Fights Dirty®?

- Sewing: Like fighting, sewing is skill Selma intitially picked up out of neccesity instead of interest. She often found herself having to patch up clothes to ensure they were wearable longer than normal, Selma quickly found herself a skilled hand with a sewing needle. It also proved a relaxing hobby, something to do that let her take her mind off her troubles for a while. So she began sewing up homemade dolls to give the kids under her protection as something to play with.
    I've always wanted to get an opinion from someone who make things hands on. Can you try making something with the fabric and tell me how it goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    Class: Obnoxious Rich Person
    Screw your godlike powers, I have money!

*Pummels end boss into submission with 10,000 dollar bills*

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    Mind
    [ Living Chess ] Morgen launches a mental attack on a foe. Depending on the gap between their mind scores, the target either becomes a pawn or a rook. A pawn can only walk (not run) forward. A rook can run forwards, backwards, left, and right, but not diagonally. This lasts for one post.
    A rather odd power that limits movement (including potentially turning off any movement in the third dimension). Does this force movement, or are the affected free to simply not move?

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Soul
    Manipulation of Bonds ~ Fission (Fus Roh Dog) - With but the slightest exertion of will, Kaiser can forcefully and quickly sever the bonds between subatomic particles within an area, causing a small-scale nuclear explosion.

This operates no differently than a normal explosion... just with more cancer, I guess.
    MMM... radiation. Not worth getting burned or pelted, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wish I could come up with better skills, I mean the ones I have are good and the idea behind them is to be piratical as in these are the Skills used by Matt for what he does and how he survives. But I wonder if I'm missing out on something. Missing out on an opportunity. I might have one space open, but I don't know what to use it for.
    Are you open to suggestions?

Are you open to suggestions?
    Sure, I'm willing to consider new ideas. Oh, and Conceal i think is one of my favorites. Thanks for mentioning it.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-27-2020 at 04:31 PM.