Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Retired Overlord

Default Oblitus Magia - A Fantasy-Dystopia RPG(Sign up and Info Thread)

"The past was erased,
    the erasure was forgotten
    the lie became the truth."

Welcome to Urban Center A-11, One of...if not the oldest, of the great sheltered cities of Earth. You have been chosen as part of a relocation initiative following the tragic loss of Center A-9 to the ruin.....what, is your memory fuzzy? Pay it no mind, travel outside can fog the mind, and you have been through such...hardship. Set aside your fears and relax. Here, we are safe...we are protected. All the arrangements have been signed and sealed. A transport awaits to take you to your new home....before we go however, it is my function to help you acclimate to your new surroundings so you may...adjust to life here. Sit quiet, pay attention.......

----

Welcome to Oblitus Magia, my humble attempt at a forum RPG. Inspired by a combination of Lovecraft, Dystopian Literature and that time I binged Madoka Magica until 3 am while eating spicy tacos and the nightmares it produced.

The story takes place....well, that's not for you to know. You are but a humble citizen, lawful or otherwise, of one of many Urban Centers were the remnants of humanity linger in blissful ignorance under the Authority of the Administratum Magi, the single remaining power that holds the Ruin, malicious otherworldly forces not of this world, from sweeping humanity off the face of the world.

Protecting you from a threat you've never seen, the Administratum Magi oversees order by means of a alien power known as Magic....gifted to them by their benefactors, the otherworldly Nephilim. Their puppet soldiers, the witches, patrol the streets for your protection....from threats outside and in. The Cities are all you know...and perhaps all you will ever know. There is no world outside the walls, not one in which humans are welcome.

But bow your head, never question the order of things.....and you can live a relatively normal, peaceful life.

In theory....

But your not fated for that sort of thing.

I'll put up a character sheet in the next post, followed by some basic information on the setting to assist in creating a PC for it and how the stats work for this rpg.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 06-20-2020 at 08:58 PM.