Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Arx is getting the prisoner start as well, Gen. I should've probably mentioned it sooner.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Was looking for some information earlier that may have made it possible to start with either 2 or 3, but in lieu of that, it looks like 1's the only viable option for Lucifer at this point (and would never not be a viable option), so register the sad lad for #1.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Replacing Xia's first tech with this:

The Scorpion's Sting - One of the many things Xia was taught during her training with martial arts master Chan Li was how to infuse her internal chi into her strikes for not only greater power, but a wider variety of effects than simple blunt force trauma. One such instance is the The Scorpion's Sting, which is a rapid fire flurry of kicks. Each of these kicks strikes a pressure point and infuses a small bit of chi into the nerve bundles to induce temporary paralysis. The paralysis lasts for 1 second per 10 Body points. Reference GIF.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

btw, Try to iron out anything remaining on your PCs....I'll try to kick things off tomorrow if possible.

I'm done, just added a few songs to his song list.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Arx is getting the prisoner start as well, Gen. I should've probably mentioned it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Was looking for some information earlier that may have made it possible to start with either 2 or 3, but in lieu of that, it looks like 1's the only viable option for Lucifer at this point (and would never not be a viable option), so register the sad lad for #1.
    Thanks, I'll edit in their placements!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Replacing Xia's first tech with this:

The Scorpion's Sting - One of the many things Xia was taught during her training with martial arts master Chan Li was how to infuse her internal chi into her strikes for not only greater power, but a wider variety of effects than simple blunt force trauma. One such instance is the The Scorpion's Sting, which is a rapid fire flurry of kicks. Each of these kicks strikes a pressure point and infuses a small bit of chi into the nerve bundles to induce temporary paralysis. The paralysis lasts for 1 second per 10 Body points. Reference GIF.
    Could you give an example of the conditions of this technique?

Is this accounting for the difference in Body stat between Xia and an opponent? For example, if she uses the technique on someone with 20 points, she'd get 2 seconds, but if she fought someone with 100, she'd have to soften them up first before the technique could work?

Granted, unlike DBM 1 second is indeed quite a precious moment for a breather, we could use all the help we can get.

morgen will have start 4, swimming in a pool of money while her personal quartet plays vivaldi by the window pane wall
    (but probably the citizen start)

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Thanks, I'll edit in their placements!

Could you give an example of the conditions of this technique?

Is this accounting for the difference in Body stat between Xia and an opponent? For example, if she uses the technique on someone with 20 points, she'd get 2 seconds, but if she fought someone with 100, she'd have to soften them up first before the technique could work?

Granted, unlike DBM 1 second is indeed quite a precious moment for a breather, we could use all the help we can get.
    Ah, should have mentioned that. Yes, it's mitigated by having a greater Body score than her. I want to say that someone with twice her body score at least would be able to no sell it outright.

As for time, I meant the time is based on her Body score, but I need to make that clear. So currently, it's a 4 second paralysis. Not much, but enough to get a headstart in running away
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Name: Jacob Eilzeki

Race: Human

appearance

Class: EX Assassin

Items: pistol, throwing knives, Sniper Rife, and a locket contain a picture of his family.

Mundus lvl: 0

Body lvl: 25
    Soul lvl: 30
    Mind lvl: 20

Skills:

Body:

Power Fists : When he was a Assassin Jacob hone his upper arms. Strengthen their bones and muscles to the extend they are pretty much super human. This allows him to throw a object as small as a pebble with a lot of force at high velocities. However he can not pick up heavy objects like a cars due to the rest of his body not be as strong as his arms.

Bullet Time: When he was Assassin Jacob work on his reflexes to be able to dodge bullets.

Soul:

Animal Affinity: Jacob has a innate Affinity with animals which he is unware of.

Spirit Animal: Jacob has a innate ability to summon a spirit animal in the form of a German shepherd which he is not aware of.

Zoolingualism: Jacob has a innate ability to understand animals.

Mind:

Sharp Shooter: It's Sharp shooting

History / Background Jacob used to be a family man, he had a wife and kids. He provided for his family but also had a dark secret. That secret was that he was a contract killer. To provide for his family, Jacob took up a job as a hitman.

His job even though dirty help provided for his family. One day Jacob lost his family. The event was so horrifying that it made Jacob suicidal. When he lost his family, Jacob gave up being Assassin, and tried to off himself many times but was unsuccessful many times.

One time Jacob attempt to kill himself by blowing his brains out with his pistol, He was protected by a German shepherd. Who stopped the bullet from going into Jacob's head at point-blank range. Jacob didn't know it at the time, but he subconsciously summoned a spirit animal to stop him from killing himself.

Other times when he tried to kill himself, strange animals got in the way. Currently, Jacob wanders from place to place, trying to kill himself. However, his animal spirit and strange animals keep getting in the way.

Special:

1. had a history of being suicidal but his spirit animal has been steering him on the right path.

2. believes that he hearing a voices in his head which are actually just his animal spirit and strange animals he encounters trying to communicate with him. Took a long time before he actually heed the advice of his spirit animal.

3. Believes that his animal spirit is a hallucination bought on by his broken psyche. Still does but believes It's a hallucination that's steering him on the right path.

4. Has nightmares of losing his family.
    Update This thanks to Tami's advice.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    morgen will have start 4, swimming in a pool of money while her personal quartet plays vivaldi by the window pane wall
    (but probably the citizen start)
    Ojousama in there to peoplewatch the poors

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Ah, should have mentioned that. Yes, it's mitigated by having a greater Body score than her. I want to say that someone with twice her body score at least would be able to no sell it outright.

As for time, I meant the time is based on her Body score, but I need to make that clear. So currently, it's a 4 second paralysis. Not much, but enough to get a headstart in running away
    Makes sense. Even if the stun effect doesn't go through...still getting kicked with 40 points of force, not a good time.

So either it works for 4 secs, or it's just regular damage, sounds like?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Update This thanks to Tami's advice.
    I have to say, I'm really interested to see how Jacob does in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Makes sense. Even if the stun effect doesn't go through...still getting kicked with 40 points of force, not a good time.

So either it works for 4 secs, or it's just regular damage, sounds like?
    Sounds like a winner, buddy. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Spruced up Ōmu's character sheet a bit.

Since it seems Selma one steps on too many niches, alternate Selma is too late for the "classic magical girl" niche, and since the game's starting tomorrow, meaning its too late to plan a whole new character, it looks like I'm dropping out. Hopefully Cleric will start a new RP after DBM finally ends and I'll be able to hopefully make a character that doesn't do the same.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Since it seems Selma one steps on too many niches, alternate Selma is too late for the "classic magical girl" niche, and since the game's starting tomorrow, meaning its too late to plan a whole new character, it looks like I'm dropping out. Hopefully Cleric will start a new RP after DBM finally ends and I'll be able to hopefully make a character that doesn't do the same.
    If you really want to he in this, don't give up. I'm sure Sandy will give you extra time. If I can be of help, let me know.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.