Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Retired Overlord

Kaizer

Sandman: Its a Corgi. I APPROVE THIS CHARACTER! *mindlessly stamps seal*

Alice: **** WHO LET THAT IN HERE! Quick someone throw it out before its A-3 all over again!

---

Irriana

Sandman: Ahah....ha....what......What is all this math.....oh god......these formulas......I can see into eternity! Gylp Etu R'lyeh FLAHGN!

Alice: I think what he's trying to say is you pay WAY too much thought into those skills. Your GM sucks at math and doesn't wanna calculate how many times your PC can **ck slap him in one turn. Also someone get this chick an exorcist.

---

Jacob Elizeki

Sandman: Well.....he's different. Hitman turned family man turned depressed hitman.....I hope you know what your getting into playing this kinda character.

Alice: Yeah....you'll be the envy of all those other members of the cast with depressing family death in their backstories.

Transfiguration Central: Selma places her hands on an item and can change what shape it is, what material its made of, and its function. The more complex the item she's changing it into is, the longer it takes for the transfiguration to complete. And if she wants to make a gun, she needs to transfigure the gun itself, then transfigure each individual bullet, and finally load the gun before she's able to use it. Her current limit on maximum size is around the size of a microwave.

Considering replacing one of Selma's spells with it or reallocating 10 of her Body or Mind points into Soul to allow it.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Transfiguration Central: Selma places her hands on an item and can change what shape it is, what material its made of, and its function. The more complex the item she's changing it into is, the longer it takes for the transfiguration to complete. And if she wants to make a gun, she needs to transfigure the gun itself, then transfigure each individual bullet, and finally load the gun before she's able to use it. Her current limit on maximum size is around the size of a microwave.

Considering replacing one of Selma's spells with it or reallocating 10 of her Body or Mind points into Soul to allow it.
    Errr.....this one kinda seems a bit...I'm not sure. Not specifically overpowered(though potentially abuse able) , but it doesn't really fit Selmas character......

Struggling girl in the dumpster fire side of town, working hard to support herself.....annnd she can turn **** into gold, food and weapons.

Kinda takes thee struggle out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Errr.....this one kinda seems a bit...I'm not sure. Not specifically overpowered(though potentially abuse able) , but it doesn't really fit Selmas character......

Struggling girl in the dumpster fire side of town, working hard to support herself.....annnd she can turn **** into gold, food and weapons.

Might work it the transformation only lasts a few minutes before it reverts back.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ah, OK. I'll save that magic for later on. Or I could add stipulations of being unable to make gold or food (and I had planned for her being unable to affect organic matter like people or animals, but forgot to write it in). The weapons thing... well, you need weapons in the dumpster fire side of town. For all the psychos and criminals who want to rob or kill you without having to call in the witches (which the description implies is not something you want to do, even if you're not the perp).

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Might work it the transformation only lasts a few minutes before it reverts back.
    That works too. That way she can't make gold/gems/precious materials to make money (well, she could, but it'd bring the witches down on her fast since I doubt the people in charge will take kindly to someone fucking with the economy and that'd be bad), food to eat (again, she could, but it'd revert inside the body and that would be bad), and the weapon lasting a few minutes would result in her having to end the fight quick before she lost her weapon.
    Last edited by The Dog; 06-30-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I forgot the golden rules...
    • Thou shalt always check to see if thine login cookie is persistent.
    • Thou shalt not make long posts in the site's editor.

...and just lost the limit-approaching post on LuxWeave as a result.

Since I'm way too lazy to type all that up again, here's the (super) short version:

LuxWeave (a division of the multi-center Illuminare conglomerate) makes clothes and other fabrics. They specialize in LuxWeave (the product), a fiber-like substance made by solidifying light (something that scientists from at least Harvard and MIT have managed to show proof-of-concepts for in real life). Current lines of LuxWeave include Core (the base brand), Industrial (workwear), Silouhette (which includes lingerie like what Alice mentioned), and Spectrum (color shifting depending on a variety of factors). Prospective new lines include Shift (metamorphic), Glamour (illusory patterns), and Cataphract (protective gear).
    This signature intentionally left blank.

I have to say that thanks to Tami's advice Jacob is no longer suicidal, but just has a history of being suicidal. So in his current state he would no longer be looking to kill himself every chance he gets.

Oh and 2 for Jacob due to his Hitman background.

So here are Jacob's themes

Bobby Darin: Mack the Knife

Sacred Spirit: Ly O Lay Ale Loya

The Servant - Cells instrumental

let's not forgot Jacob is also a darker Doctor Dolittle since he can understand animals, and a shaman since he can summon a spirit animal and has a affinity with animals. I wonder if Jacob's Spirit Animal should have a name?
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-01-2020 at 01:47 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Irriana

Sandman: Ahah....ha....what......What is all this math.....oh god......these formulas......I can see into eternity! Gylp Etu R'lyeh FLAHGN!

Alice: I think what he's trying to say is you pay WAY too much thought into those skills. Your GM sucks at math and doesn't wanna calculate how many times your PC can **ck slap him in one turn. Also someone get this chick an exorcist.
    We did it guys, we broke the GM!

Ahem, don't worry about the numbers, they're mostly to give an idea of the limits, and having hard numbers to fall back on can help you in certain situations. I will note though, that the numbers would actually be measuring how many times she can tentacle slap in one engagement.
    Last edited by Sol_M; 07-01-2020 at 06:02 AM.

Transfiguration Central: Selma places her hands on an item and can change what shape it is, what material its made of, and its function. The more complex the item she's changing it into is, the longer it takes for the transfiguration to complete. And if she wants to make a gun, she needs to transfigure the gun itself, then transfigure each individual bullet, and finally load the gun before she's able to use it. The transformation only lasts a few minutes after it is finished before it breaks down and returns to its original form, and the current limit on maximum size is around the size of a microwave.

Considering replacing Light Burst and having Selma's fighting style be using Shadow Sneak to move around the opponent, use Reversal to protect herself if caught, Quick Freeze to incapacitate the opponent, and Transfiguration Central to make a blade/gun/club to attack with in an attempt to end the fight quickly before the weapon returns to normal. Basically making Selma a magical rogue. Fits with her backstory of growing up and working to survive in the dumpster fire part of town.

Selma

Sandman: I'm almost curious how bad of a life you have to live to develop honest to god psychic defenses. Beyond that though, everything checks out heh.

Alice: Power Corrupts Kiddo....its a dog eat dog world and there's always a bigger dog. We'll see where those ideals get you in the end.......no spoilers.
    Let's just say there are some terrible things hiding within the shadows. More secretive and subtle than the horrors in the light, but terrible all the same.
    - C.S. Lewis

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Considering replacing Light Burst and having Selma's fighting style be using Shadow Sneak to move around the opponent, use Reversal to protect herself if caught, Quick Freeze to incapacitate the opponent, and Transfiguration Central to make a blade/gun/club to attack with in an attempt to end the fight quickly before the weapon returns to normal. Basically making Selma a magical rogue. Fits with her backstory of growing up and working to survive in the dumpster fire part of town.
    On the one hand, Light Burst does seem like an outlier to what it seems you're going for. On the other, Lucifer needs food badly, but you can ignore-

Lucifer: "Feed me!"

No! *Sends him deeper underground*

Anyway, you can ignore him.

Let's just say there are some terrible things hiding within the shadows. More secretive and subtle than the horrors in the light, but terrible all the same.
    Nah. The true terrors are the ones who boldly do what they do in plain sight, confident in their absolute knowledge that no one would dare confront them.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Attachment 98239
    Alice: Wat up ya flesh nuggets.

Aha....Like an Angel talking through a cheese grater. In any Event, Lets begin!

---

Kinu Ohrai

Sandman: Holy **** I am HYPED to see where this is going....definitely getting a slight non serious vibe but honestly, we need that in this world.
    Hey, I'll have you know she's as sincere as anybody else on the roster, she just expresses her reaction to this mad, magical world it in a slightly different manner is all!

Alice: We'll see how long that lasts.....Only thing people love more then a success story is a slow motion train crash and I'll make sure this one is played back on every screen in A-11.

"...people, you heard it here first! From the Moeblob Mouthpiece of the Administratum Magica herself! Here in your arena, The A-One-One-See-Ee, I have to wonder why they'd put a toddler who can't even spell in charge of programming! That's because you, are A-lesser Nephilim! And the only thing you'll able to voice, All-Less, is iyaaa and yamete and all sorts of isekai crap, When I Get My Hands on You and Drag You into A New World!"

Miss, this is a Wendy's.

"Haaah? Two one one? So the daughter of another company man she thinks she can throw her weight around for A-One on Ice?"

...is that microphone even plugged into anything, I-

"It'll plug in sideways and go straight up your freshly unfrozen ass if you don't slap down a Triple Baconator for the Wasteland Warrior!"

Meanwhile.

https://youtu.be/Tt524wGJFqs

In a rainy city that has known nothing but hell and lies. Of towering skeletons of what was once a promising society, saxophone player, female on in a corner. Levin in view, in his corpate attire, puts some money in her hat. “ Keep it up Aunt Aimee. Someday, the rain will stop.”

“ Thanks Levin, always have been a good kid. I heard Kyire survived the fall of her city and coming here.”

“ Well in that case I will greet her. She wa like a sister to me.”

“‘stay safe Levin, we all look after you and you is.”

“ That’s family.”

Walking now in the rainy dystopian ghetto, stepping up as he thinks. Why? Why must things be this way? Isn’t there a better one? And if so, who made these rules and why as he is in the bureau as a pencil pusher.

Latter in the evening, working out, really hard to music blasting in the room, to keep motivated. Thinking. His body and all parts are a temple, to be respected.

Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan

Sandman: Another nice character concept, and I like the abilities. I will point out though that Aureate Shroud still wouldn't put you above the current body cap....trying to maintain that holy cap til you guys can break it on your own. Other then that, seems to work fine.
    A bit of a muddling of the math in the description as I've explained elsewhere; but basically it subtracts her Mind score (15) from an incoming attack, when used to defend; or her Mind score (15) from an enemies defenses when used by her to attack.

In essence, by setting herself on fire, something something something, "mind over matter."

Alice: To quote some dead dude.....Out Out shitty candle, your life sucks, a playa who talks big but bows out like a bitch, loud and obnoxious, signifying nothing.

Sandman: *slow clap*
    The Chimera blinks once, head tilted slightly to once side; and though she does not speak her tail flicks once, briefly. In an expression of annoyance? Or perhaps she's simply aware the Ghost in the Machine is projecting and she's expressing her passing amusement...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Incredible Member

I'm considering joining in, if there's still room.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    I'm considering joining in, if there's still room.
    Just do what everyone else has done, post your character Bio and nag Sandy to give it his stamp of approval.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.