Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just do what everyone else has done, post your character Bio and nag Sandy to give it his stamp of approval.
    Yeah, just trying to figure out whether I should make a grimmer kind of guy or a prettyboy.

I even have names for the ideas! "The Pursuer" Barrabas Slynt, or Nangong Jin.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Yeah, just trying to figure out whether I should make a grimmer kind of guy or a prettyboy.

Best to have it up by today. I could be wrong but I suspect Sandy is itching to get this started this weekend.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Since this RPG may have elemets of Lovecraft in it, I was doing some quick reviewing.

The some types of traditional Lovecraft style protagonists that is currently missing in the lineup we have here include the Professor, Scholar, or Medical Doctor.

Another is the Dreamer/Dream Walker.

A third is the writer, author, poet.

If anyone else is thinking of joining and is looking for inspiration, here are some to consider.

Barrabas Slynt is a radical name, akin to one I have not heard in some time.

Retired Overlord

Gonna give everyone another day and a half to square away what they can. Gonna try and set a start time for late saturday since I know a few others are still working on bios.s

If you aren't ready by then thats no problem, keep working on your Bio and we can fit your character in a little later.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

To recap, we have one declared (but not yet posted) character from Eternal Torment (yet to be posted) and one (presumably) incomplete character, here:

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Name: CHAYAASHNI.
    Race: Mascot. She resembles a large cat, with strikingly huge golden eyes. People sometimes think she is a cat, until they notice her long fingers and toes with retractable claws. Her fur is brindled black and gold. She can easily walk, leap and run either two-legged or four-legged. She is also extremely agile and acrobatic, and she has excellent day and night vision.

She can emit an electro-magnetic charge through her long, prehensile tail, which she can use to jump-start some engines. She can also reverse the polarity of the charge at will.

She is capable of great cruelty, especially to those who have wronged her, but can also be very loyal and affectionate to those who have been kind to her. (But beware of her hunger: she likes to play with her food before killing it. In the throes of hunger-madness, she may even eat you.)

She is a strong telempath, especially with animals. She also has a keen sense of curiosity. It is difficult to gauge her precise intelligence level, but it would be very unwise to underestimate her.
    Which combined with the 15 already on the list makes for a prospective cast of 17.

So far, we have the following for initial plot hooks:

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    To give everyone a bit of advance warning prep....there are some "hooks" into the plot for the PCs in the beginning. Once this starts up you can pick one which fits your PC best and start from there.

1) Survivor Start: Your a Refuge from A-9, freshly arrived with very little memory of the ordeal. While being ushered through relocation processing with hundreds of others you are picked from the crowd and separated into a side area with a group of others with no obvious reason given. At the start of the RP your currently waiting with other refuges, both PC and NPC, in confinement.

2) Criminal Start: Your Luck ran out on the streets of A-11....weither to some bout of misfortune, a witch happening by or a concern citizen...you've been taken in for questioning in regards to crimes committed or simply for a background check that went wrong. Your now in a cell with many others...awaiting your fate.

3) Citizen Start: Your just in the wrong place at the wrong time....maybe came to see the refuges, or maybe your there on business. Whatever the case....Your in the adminstratum Confinement Office/Wing when things go down....and your swept up in what follows.
    Which people have (as of this moment) chosen as follows (based off information stolen from grampagen here and updated*):

1. Survivor
      • Selma
      • Sigourney
      • Lucifer
    2. Criminal
      • Matthias
      • Jagrati
      • Xia
      • Omu
      • Arxiros
      • Jacob
    3. Citizen
      • Levin
      • Owen
      • Kinu
      • Morgen
    4. ??? (Undecided)
      • Kaiser
      • Irriana
      • CHAYAASHNI
      • Barrabas Slynt? Nangong Jin? Someone else? No one else? It is a mystery to all- save one.

*Please don't sue
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Barrabas Slynt is a radical name, akin to one I have not heard in some time.

Oh yeah, Barbados Slim. He was a funny side character.

Anyways, hmm. Here's what I imagine Barrabas to look like, and here's Jin. Choices, choices.

Did some more work on my character bio, pretty sure this is the final version. Had to split it into two posts, put a link to Part 2 on the profile on Page 1.

Basically did what I was thinking, changing Light Burst to Transfiguration Central (the version where everything she makes lasts a few minutes), gave her what is called "Street Combat" (which is pretty much using blades, guns, and clubs to fight with a preference toward knives, pistols, and bats) as well as knowledge in "Battlefield Medicine" (she can remove bullets, cauterize/sew up wounds, splint broken limbs, etc). You'll survive her procedures, the end result just won't be pretty and leave scars.

Also, her only anesthesia for patients is a swig of street liquor, which is also the antiseptic and used as makeshift paint remover.
    Last edited by The Dog; 07-03-2020 at 06:32 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Tonight I'll take another look at Matthias' bio to see if I can improve it

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Oh yeah, Barbados Slim. He was a funny side character.

Anyways, hmm. Here's what I imagine Barrabas to look like, and here's Jin. Choices, choices.
    Bereft of Mr. X references, I have to give the nod to Jin, for what that's worth.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Bereft of Mr. X references, I have to give the nod to Jin, for what that's worth.
    Fair. I'm just thinking about it because Barrabas would be the tanky kind of guy. He and Jin both focus on Body, but Mr. S would be reinforcing his body with ki. Chalk the weird grey skin and face to intense training methods to make his physical form hardier than normal while he has a more rushdown kind of fighting style. Meanwhile, Jin's the more evasive type, doesn't bulldoze his way through conversations or fights like Barrabas. I'd say it'd be more wuxia-like with him using soft weapons and using his fingers to sub for a blade when using ki swordsmanship techniques.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I'd say it'd be more wuxia-like with him using soft weapons and using his fingers to sub for a blade when using ki swordsmanship techniques.
    You're too late, sadly. Already staked claim to the wuxia ridiculousness.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Which people have (as of this moment) chosen as follows (based off information stolen from grampagen here and updated*):
    *snip*

*Please don't sue

Nah, good on you for helping us along, keeping everyone on the same page.

These games always have a lot of moving parts to keep track of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Wuxia ridiculousness?

Perish the thought.

...though yeah, wondering if there's enough of a twist to separate one of Eternal Torment's dudes from Fan Xia?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Wuxia ridiculousness?

Perish the thought.

...though yeah, wondering if there's enough of a twist to separate one of Eternal Torment's dudes from Fan Xia?
    Hmm. I do have various wuxia ideas. But if Barrabas Slynt's not intruding on a niche, guess I might consider him more.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Just dropping in to formally announce my withdrawal from the game.

As noted in the first line of my profile page, my interest in these things is always fleeting and, in perhaps record time, my interest in playing has left me.

Enjoy the game everyone, good luck with running it Sandy.

Feel to NPC Jagrati if you think that would be useful or if someone else wants to play her, feel free to approach me.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-04-2020 at 01:24 AM.