Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Not quite lightning, no.

Plasma would probably be the closest thing I can compare it to, but it's also... not. Arx's "modesty" is similarly a thing that will be explained once the game gets started.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    ...all read like things the Body stat already does.
    My reasoning for her having stamina listed as a specific ability, rather than just a function of the stat, is because Jagrati is well over 60 and therefore much more physically frail than younger and more vital characters with the same amount put into their Body Stat. This may not be reflected in the system technically but I'm intending to play her that way.

The skill is something that is "not normal" for her physicality and age, ergo it's a skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    My reasoning for her having stamina listed as a specific ability, rather than just a function of the stat, is because Jagrati is well over 60 and therefore much more physically frail than younger and more vital characters with the same amount put into their Body Stat. This may not be reflected in the system technically but I'm intending to play her that way.

The skill is something that is "not normal" for her physicality and age, ergo it's a skill.
    I was talking about this with Sandy in Discord, which is why I stayed away from physical stat boosting skills. However, it makes sense if you are saying that she has, for example, the stamina of a 20 y.o. already, pre-boost.

Last edited by Tami; 06-27-2020 at 04:41 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

...all read like things the Body stat already does.
    ... True. I'll admit I was confused on how the "body" skill worked, and reading other people's use of it made that seem like the way it worked.

So I guess I should work out 4 unique powers for that stat that aren't just describing things the Body stat already does. Might throw in some simple ki-based techniques, or swap some points to magic and start my "magical brick fist woman" character.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    ... True. I'll admit I was confused on how the "body" skill worked, and reading other people's use of it made that seem like the way it worked.

So I guess I should work out 4 unique powers for that stat that aren't just describing things the Body stat already does. Might throw in some simple ki-based techniques, or swap some points to magic and start my "magical brick fist woman" character.
    Body is the hardest to do. You don't need to stat boost, and I don't think actual Ki tricks are available until Mundus points are issued.

I deliberately holding 5 points back as 10 equals stat and cannot think of where to put last 5 in. Got stuff down and my guys stuff, should be all.

Also Cthulhu characters are usually half naked. ( replying to noldiere.)

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Owen has an umbrella.

He doesn’t need a sword.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    I deliberately holding 5 points back as 10 equals stat and cannot think of where to put last 5 in. Got stuff down and my guys stuff, should be all.

True, my male characters generally don't even wear pants.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Those 5 points represent the stat boost, even if they are not used in a skill.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sure, I'm willing to consider new ideas. Oh, and Conceal i think is one of my favorites. Thanks for mentioning it.
    How about something involving sound, like an amplified voice or a thunderclap / thundersnap? The latter would definitely be more loud noise than destructive shockwave at this point, but even that's potentially useful in places where blending in is less important or making yourself evident quickly is paramount.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Not quite lightning, no.

Plasma would probably be the closest thing I can compare it to, but it's also... not. Arx's "modesty" is similarly a thing that will be explained once the game gets started.
    Lighting just seemed odd. Because if we're dealing with special not-fire, I guess I'll have to wait for the reveal.

Lucifer effectively designs special property cloth for a living, so when he sees people with what he thinks is a clothing problem, he's compelled to try and fix it.

Also, Grea's best dragon girl. Anyone who disagrees can fight me. I mean, I'd lose almost certainly, but would still be willing to fight all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Ah. I see. A long and colorful would indeed be hard on a body. I'd imagine she's less frail than I am (or at least feel at times), but then:
    • I've probably made a lot more bad choices in about half the time.
    • I'd probably end up doing something similar (probably from a different angle but with the same goal in mind) were I to stat myself into a game.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Random Comments (Character Comments in Italics)

The 1st one almost reads like a restriction on what I thought the Body stat already lets you do, while the 2nd one simply reads like one of the things the Body stat already lets you do. Likewise, these...
    The first one is meant to be a conditional boost beyond what her Body stat would allow, as is the second. I should rewrite them so that's clear.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

How about something involving sound, like an amplified voice or a thunderclap / thundersnap? The latter would definitely be more loud noise than destructive shockwave at this point, but even that's potentially useful in places where blending in is less important or making yourself evident quickly is paramount.

Lighting just seemed odd. Because if we're dealing with special not-fire, I guess I'll have to wait for the reveal.

Lucifer effectively designs special property cloth for a living, so when he sees people with what he thinks is a clothing problem, he's compelled to try and fix it.

Also, Grea's best dragon girl. Anyone who disagrees can fight me. I mean, I'd lose almost certainly, but would still be willing to fight all the same.

Ah. I see. A long and colorful would indeed be hard on a body. I'd imagine she's less frail than I am (or at least feel at times), but then:
    • I've probably made a lot more bad choices in about half the time.
    • I'd probably end up doing something similar (probably from a different angle but with the same goal in mind) were I to stat myself into a game.
    I don't think drawing attention to himself is something he'd naturally do. Hmmmm.......whistling.....what if he could modulate his voice to create a Whistling sound that is inaudible to human ears but but painful to animals, used to scare them away if he feels threatened. If his stat points go up, the sound might eventually reach sonic levels, enough to cause actual damage.

Random Comments (Character Comments in Italics)

If you'd like, I can make some clothes for you.
    "Haaah?! What a prude!"

Hax. So much hax.
    Elucidate?

Escapology is physical only, keeping in the theme of Kinu's wrasslin'. Magical bonds or telekinesis she has no answer for atm. Going at it against a monster or a death trap, otoh, is a different thing entirely.

Issen is largely subject to the situational approval of the other players and the GM not sandbagging it, and isn't something Kinu can use on her own.

Squared Circle is limited largely to CIS, granted. Though, take a gander and which of her stats is the lowest.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I was talking about this with Sandy in Discord, which is why I stayed away from physical stat boosting skills. However, it makes sense if you are saying that she has, for example, the stamina of a 20 y.o. already, pre-boost.

I think he's saying more that she would normally have an appropriate stamina for her age, but the skill effectively lets her have normal (or close to normal) stamina for the stat.

Also, that Discord is still going?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

I mean, I could be wrong about the stat- and it's not like anything needs to change even if I'm right- but I thought the stats themselves gave you base things and the skills would let you do specific things relatable to any of those base things the stat represented.

Ah, so it was deliberate, and not an accident. Just checking. And, now that I'm thinking of it, that does seem to be a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Owen has an umbrella.

He doesn’t need a sword.
    But what if the sword needs you? Will Owen refuse it?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

I think he's saying more that she would normally have an appropriate stamina for her age, but the skill effectively lets her have normal (or close to normal) stamina for the stat.

Also, that Discord is still going?

I mean, I could be wrong about the stat- and it's not like anything needs to change even if I'm right- but I thought the stats themselves gave you base things and the skills would let you do specific things relatable to any of those base things the stat represented.

Ah, so it was deliberate, and not an accident. Just checking. And, now that I'm thinking of it, that does seem to be a pattern.

But what if the sword needs you? Will Owen refuse it?
    The CBR RPG Discord is still there if anyone wants to use it.