Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Urgh. Had stuff to handle yesterday, and lost my draft. Sorry, will post up profile in a bit if that's okay.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    Urgh. Had stuff to handle yesterday, and lost my draft. Sorry, will post up profile in a bit if that's okay.
    You should still be good; most people have made introductory posts thus far, but no points of no return have been reached I think.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    You should still be good; most people have made introductory posts thus far, but no points of no return have been reached I think.
    Right, yeah. I should just PM Sandy for a question first.

Remdire, huh?

Imma make use of that.

Also, just to be clear:

Survivors are in a single debriefing cell.

Prisoners are in separate cells, with Arx and the other special prisoner together in a cell.

Citizens are currently wherever.

Correct?

Retired Overlord

Remdire, huh?

Imma make use of that.

Also, just to be clear:

Survivors are in a single debriefing cell.

Prisoners are in separate cells, with Arx and the other special prisoner together in a cell.

Citizens are currently wherever.

Correct?
    Yep, all three groups are in seperate areas....for the time being at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Identify also kicks in, seeing if he can identify any active magic. Owen slowly starts making his way towards the scene, curious and interested at this development, the click of his umbrella on the sidewalk an old and steady companion.
    It's not really relevant at the moment compared to what's going on, but in general I'd imagine that Owen's Identify would be able to see a faint dark aura enveloping Lucifer at all times as a result of Radiant Devourer.

Addendum:

"T͊͋͒̄ͧ͏̻͈̥̙̳̖̝̺̳̼͕̗̗͈̭̺͡E̪̜̐ͭ̊̑͊ͧͯ̆̈́̔ͪ̓ͩ͆̆ͣ͘͜ ̻̤̱̥ ̝͉̬̞͓̭̫̗̰̠Ķ̨̧̡̰̺̟̥̬̤̦̳̼͒̽͗͗͂̔́͐͒̈́ͣ͒ͬ.͊ͩ͑̽́̌ͦ̈́ ̡ͤ̆͒ ̵̢̖̮̫̬͇̻͇̝͉͉̲̤͉̳͢͞.̴̴͉̻͇̦͎̣ͩ̃ͦ͊̏̇̇̌̎͘͢.̏ͯ̈́ͮ̎̌̿ ̌ͬͥͦ ̢̙̙͉͈̜̳͓͍͙̲̆ͤ̿ͦͪͦ̚͘"

Is that Zalgo text or something different?

Edit: Oh crap, it's escaping the quote box. Run!!!

Addendum 2:

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I'll be sure to pass that along sir." The man seemed unmoved at his insinuation...in fact for a moment there was a hint on honest amusement in his voice, As if the guard knew something he didn't

Nevertheless, he ended up in the cell and the guard continued on his way.
    Hey, I know Lucifer's about to get screwed over by boxed text. If he survives long enough to learn Lightforging, though...

Let's just say the Magi are going to be pissed when they find out what they missed out on.

On the other hand, that's probably a good thing for us, so good going guard?

Addendum 2.1: Attempting to be write someone as empathetic/sympathetic when you've been deeply apathetic for nearly two-thirds of your life is hard. Like, really hard. So if I fail to make the mark, just let me know.

Addendum 2.1.1: That also goes for any other aspect of my attempts to write, which is also hurt by the apathy.
    Last edited by Noldere; 07-05-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    "AHHH... Gotta love poor people air!"

Morgen took in a deep breath, stretching her arms out to her sides and feeling the wind flow over her. It's not often she found herself visiting the lesser districts, but the sense of nostalgia upon gazing down at the neutered skyline was nothing short of palpable. Hard to say those memories were fond, business trips always were kind of boring. She finally released her breath with a long, satisfied sigh, like she'd taken a drag on a cigarette. With the transit station monitors continuing to relay the recent PSA above, her skirt bounced with her dainty little hops down the metal steps. A few people vaguely looked in her general direction with disgust before turning away.

Quite the traffic today, Morgen sourly noted to herself, squeezing between an obnoxious flirting couple amid the gathering crowds. I suppose these are the slums after all, not much to do here besides piss in the street and eat roast chicken. A public execution must be the right amount of excitement for the filthy, unwashed masses living in this pit. The bridge area was becoming packed, just standing in its vicinity seemed like a safety hazard - she was not in the mood to be trampled in the event that something goes wrong.

Gazing skyward, she squinted and held a hand over her brow to catch sight of the airships disembarking their passengers.

Now, her father had told her following the annihilation of A-9 that the incoming refugees could make for a good source of cheap labor, while her mother told her she hoped those poor souls could make peace with everything they've lost. This was a very precise summary of their character as Morgen witnessed growing up in the Dupont household, and it didn't take much to see which she took after more... depending on who you asked.

If there was a scale of 'do nothing' and 'jog ahead' in response to someone walking slowly in front of you, she would land squarely on 'clear your throat and tell them that their useless peasant hide is blocking your way.' In fact, she just now realized, that was actually a very good idea. Adjusting her collar, Morgen tilted her nose up ever so slightly.

"Gentlemen... kindly stand aside for me, would you?"

And, coerced by some intangible force, those nearest to her began parting to the sides like a human wave - at first subconsciously, and then momentarily stupefied why they had done such a thing, gawking absentmindedly at the woman who had just paved a clear path ahead with mere words. Tucking a lock of hair behind her ear, she smiled warmly to herself and walked in stride, humming a familiar tune.

That was more like it.
    Hell yeah, Piss&Chicken Gang.

...also just to clarify, Morgen's targets need to be withing earshot for this to affect them, right? I think she and Kinu are enough of a distance apart, but just want to be sure.

I'd say it has a general range of maybe around 3 meters (1 for every 10 pt), and then it starts decreasing in effectiveness beyond that
    Probably also has less of an effect if the other party is already concentrating on something else

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    A man in formal attire, offering words of comfort to the woman in distress. Estrid's attention eventually settled on him as his words implied that he had influence, and the guard knew him by name. Furthermore, he seemed to be the most collected and willing to engage in a conversation among the group.
    *Looks at bolded and realizes almost all of it is untrue - regardless of how things look*

I can already the hear the announcer now as the screen goes gray:

"It was at this moment that Lucifer knew, he f****d up."

Also, I think turtlenecks are more business casual than formal, but what do I know about clothes? Absolutely nothing.

Retired Overlord

Name: Ange Sinderspar

Operative of EN

Perhaps second only to their leader in terms of notability among the populace, Ange is a field Operative for EN, a quasi-terrorist organization that operates in the wilds and directly opposes the Administratum Regime. One of the many "boogiemen" groups the authority scapegoats as ruin inciters, Ange herself is well know in regard to her more notorious nickname "The grey ghost", a moniker gifted by the organization in regards to her almost mystical abilities to move around like a ghost along with her long and (strangely for her age) grey hair.

.....red you say? Hmm.....Well, as it turned out, she was the least fond of the title and...perhaps in a fit of childish petulance....dyed her hair the farthest color from grey she could think of.

--More to Come--

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    I'd say it has a general range of maybe around 3 meters (1 for every 10 pt), and then it starts decreasing in effectiveness beyond that
    Probably also has less of an effect if the other party is already concentrating on something else
    Ah OK, thanks for the clarification.

We just started, after all, so wanted to be sure we weren't about to hit each other with friendly fire or something!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Got a small and somewhat pedantic note for you Gen.

According to the gif you supplied, Kinu didn't throw a roundhouse kick just there. Looks much closer to a spinning outside crescent kick.

I know this is a dumb question (or two), but I'm uncertain.

The terminal's where the survivors are, right? It sounds like it (especially with the announcement to the A-9 group), but I'm getting mixed signals.

Also, when your not-actually-a-redhead vanishes, is she merely invisible by normal standards or are we dealing with advanced invisibility?

: looks over the plot line so far.:

: Tradition still in place, of screwing up. This time actually on accident.:

Retired Overlord

I know this is a dumb question (or two), but I'm uncertain.

The terminal's where the survivors are, right? It sounds like it (especially with the announcement to the A-9 group), but I'm getting mixed signals.

Also, when your not-actually-a-redhead vanishes, is she merely invisible by normal standards or are we dealing with advanced invisibility?
    The survivors are being held in a cell just off from the main terminal....so you should be able to hear some of whats happening.

....and for the latter question....

....who said anything about invisibility......*whistles*