Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Watching videos of Robin Williams' Genie from Aladdin kind of wants me to give Selma the ability of transfiguration of small to medium non-living objects into other forms.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Soul tech as promised:

Lion Ambushes the Wildebeest - Chi flows within the entire body, true; but it can also flow without the body. During her training, Xia learned how to use her chi to manipulate her own fighting spirit to manifest itself as a physical entity to attack a target of her choosing. The spirit can only attack once every time it's summoned and can only be summoned once per 10 Soul points. The strength of its attacks are equal to her Soul stat.
    How long does it last if it fails to attack for some reason?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Soul tech as promised:

Lion Ambushes the Wildebeest - Chi flows within the entire body, true; but it can also flow without the body. During her training, Xia learned how to use her chi to manipulate her own fighting spirit to manifest itself as a physical entity to attack a target of her choosing. The spirit can only attack once every time it's summoned and can only be summoned once per 10 Soul points. The strength of its attacks are equal to her Soul stat.
    Aren't Chi type skills Body techs instead of Soul techs?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    One explanation I see is that Xia is using magic to manifest her fighting spirit as the physical entity.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Yeah, but it's her spirit actually attacking as a physical manifestation. If Sandy takes issue, I can easily reword it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    One explanation I see is that Xia is using magic to manifest her fighting spirit as the physical entity.
    Yes, this. I can see her considering magic and chi/ki to be the same thing.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    How long does it last if it fails to attack for some reason?
    Uh, I'd say a few seconds. It only lasts long enough to attack once, so its uptime wouldn't be long.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

its uptime isnt long, but what about its updog?

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    its uptime isnt long, but what about its updog?
    Who's updog?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Who's updog?

Maybe he means this?

playin games are we 🔪

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    playin games are we ��
    Players play, my friend
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Ok everyone, eyes up and pencils down. Its time for the Offical...

Sandman GM Character Evaluation and Sausage Party

Sponsored by the A-11 Cultural Exchange.
    A11ce, promoting easy cultural integration for relocated humans since the unfortunate A-3 Corgi Invasion. (May it be stricken from the records)

Today we'll be looking at a bunch of idiots.

*flips page*

Make amused studder and quickly correct....wait,. ****.

*sound of papers hitting the floor*

Anyways, Today....giving his opnion on your characters is. MrSandman!

Sandman: Hola!

...and on character commentary we have the jewel of A-11 Media, a face for television and a voice for my worst nightmares. Give it up for Alice!

AliceHead.jpg
    Alice: Wat up ya flesh nuggets.

Aha....Like an Angel talking through a cheese grater. In any Event, Lets begin!

-----

Fan Xia

Sandman: Approved, Nice mix of Martial Arts skills and Ki. I "am" wondering what Two Inch Punch actually does though....I mean mechanics wise.

Alice: Ah look, the exotic street rat with a brain made of drainage slurry. Gotta congratulate the parents on coming up with the stupidest name for their kid right before dumping her on the street. Pfffft Ahahah....Classic.

---

Kinu Ohrai

Sandman: Holy **** I am HYPED to see where this is going....definitely getting a slight non serious vibe but honestly, we need that in this world.

Alice: We'll see how long that lasts.....Only thing people love more then a success story is a slow motion train crash and I'll make sure this one is played back on every screen in A-11.

---

Sigourney Estelle

Sandman: Another good one.....Bit of an air of mystery too. Skills seem good as well....Though I will note your basically taking less skills in return for connecting them to more stats? Its an interesting idea, so I'm not really against it.

Alice: Ugh.....fucking moe blobs and their orbital death hammers. I swear the potentials these days are all a bunch of crasies or airheads......

---

Mathias

Sandman: Nice, That world weary scavenger angle is good to build on. Powers are mostly ok....I did just realize that the Lift skill might be a tad on the powerful side though. (2x your strength is basically the cap) Also figure it should be based more on your mind skill since it is psychic related right?

Alice: Wow....this is the PERFECT combination of magical powers and skills to be a Garbageman. When I catch you....and believe me with the smell you got it ain't gonna be long....I'm tagging you for sanitation duty under babs lab with nothing but a toothbrush.

---

Owen Calliburn

Sandman: Now THIS guy is a lovecraft Protag...and something we sorely needed. Was starting to worry when we hit the puzzle segments the story would crawl to a halt. Powerset is also ok, and interesting to say the least.

Alice: You ever get the feeling your the smartest guy in the room......well prepare for that feeling 24/7 as your sanity cracks under the pressure of hanging out with at least 7-8 flavors of idiot AT ALL TIMES. Trust me...You'll be begging for my sensual quips by the 100th time the puddling brained Fan-girl tries to punch her way through your problems.

---

Jagrati Bhatt

Sandman: An interesting concept for sure, and with how much we worked on her powers together it damn well better be approved lol. Druids are a welcome change from the usual forms of magic.

Alice: Whoa.....Listen I don't know what you heard about A-11 but we do not accept Necromancers and CERTAINLY not walking corpses at THAT stage of decomposition. Someone put a rag over it I'm getting nauseous.

---

Levin Armitage

Sandman: A philospher.....with fire hands? That's some next level musing on the nature of life.

Alice: Dude....am I the only one wondering where he's keeping the extra fuel for those things. Guy is gonna end up blowing himself to bits...it'll be hilarious!

My mistake. Fixed the Lift skill to measure it based on the Mind Stats.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Fan Xia

Sandman: Approved, Nice mix of Martial Arts skills and Ki. I "am" wondering what Two Inch Punch actually does though....I mean mechanics wise.
    It... was intended on just being a fancy punch. Though, I could add made an internal chi explosion to spice it up some. Yeah, think I'll do that.

Alice: Ah look, the exotic street rat with a brain made of drainage slurry. Gotta congratulate the parents on coming up with the stupidest name for their kid right before dumping her on the street. Pfffft Ahahah....Classic.
    ...Alice is an ******* no matter what game she's in
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Omu

Sandman: Out first mascot, and I definitely like the idea. Still not quite sure on his size...guess he can squeeze through cracks like a cat. But nice work all the same.

Alice: Hard pass. Hate Bugs....Hate Ninjas.....Movvving on....

---

Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan

Sandman: Another nice character concept, and I like the abilities. I will point out though that Aueeate Shroud still wouldn't put you above the current body cap....trying to maintain that holy cap til you guys can break it on your own. Other then that, seems to work fine.

Alice: To quote some dead dude.....Out Out shitty candle, your life sucks, a playa who talks big but bows out like a bitch, loud and obnoxious, signifying nothing.

Sandman: *slow clap*

---

Selma

Sandman: I'm almost curious how bad of a life you have to live to develop honest to god psychic defenses. Beyond that though, everything checks out heh.

Alice: Power Corrupts Kiddo....its a dog eat dog world and there's always a bigger dog. We'll see where those ideals get you in the end.......no spoilers.

---

Morgen (Morgiana) Dupont

Sandman: Love this character for some reason.....hits all the right rich annoying nobility buttons. I'm spitting rose petals just reading this.

Alice: *drowning in roses*

---

Lucifer Radiare

Sandman: Another interesting one....I am curious about Luxweave in general in this setting.

Alice: Pffft....You know he's making lingerie out of those Hentai Game light shafts right? I hate this guy.....ugh......his face...I just wanna punch it! *comedically weak screen slaps*