Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Feel free to pillage Jagrati's bio if you want.

There's some stuff you could gimmick into workable stuff for Matthias in there perhaps?
    Thanks for the assist/offer.

I'll look through it and see if there is anything there I can use.

I might try a variation on your Rings idea.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-29-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I’m thinking Bi-Location for Owen’s new power.

Thoughts?
    Is that being in two places at once? Making duplicates?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

New Mind Ability:

Deathstalker Luck, Always Bad:

Owen sometimes can’t do it alone. In times of need he can be in two places at once. Named after his mother last name (it was also an ability she shared), Owen can create an exact duplicate anywhere he has seen or can see. The duplicate and Owen can link mentally to speak and share info. The secondary effect of this ability is that if either Owen is killed, the other because the primary automatically. All memories are shared between the two as well.

The duplicate lasts for a number of hours equal to every 10 in Owen’s Mind Stat (5 hours currently) and can only be done once a day.

He refers to the second Owen as Stark if both are present or speaking to each other.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I'll be posting some stuff tonight. Sandy has seen some of it, but I'll wait for his ok before moving forward.

After Matthias retrieves his 'things', I'll make some revelations.

Updated Jacob's Bio and reveal what his real race is which is Beastman.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The Night passes without incident, with the group eating and catching what sleep they can given the situation. With Dawn.....En gave the group leave to go out and perform any remaining tasks they have in the city before departure, as long as they keep a low profile.

*Free Time*
    Go explore the Slums and get up to your own small adventures for a bit while the next part is cooking.
    I'll catch up a bit later, but can you spot us a quick check for setting notes?

Tech level - with the now glaring exception of Adminstrator installations and super wealthy people - is around mid-20th century, WW2 era in this area of the district, right?

...er, or probably worse, given the fact that it's a slum?

And it's kind of a seedier part of town outside of the EN Hideout, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Living Transceiver received no comments- positive or negative- so as a potential alternative, how about this:

Resilient Rondure - "As a means of defending myself against potential harm, I can manifest a spherical field of psychic energy around myself. This resilient rondure, just large enough to envelop me, acts as a soft and flexible barrier against most forms of attack*, allowing itself- and I enveloped within it- to be moved around** by incoming physical or energy attacks that strike it, rather than deflecting or stopping them as a standard barrier would."

*Any attack that doesn't bypass the barrier via teleportation or something similar, that doesn't ignores or eats through psychic energy, that isn't sufficiently enveloping to stop the rondure from moving, or that isn't sufficiently well positioned.

**Assuming the attack has enough effective momentum to move a 160 pound man in the first place, otherwise it just bounces off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Living Transceiver - The ability to cipher and decipher electromagnetic waves, allowing Lucifer to receive and transmit information (sound, images, video, and other data) through them.
    I feel Living Transceiver might have a lot more utility to it. It's a sensory ability that works in a different manner to the other extrasensory characters do, and with the recent exposition and evidence of high tech contraptions in the setting - assuming LuxWeave isn't already privy to them, patents-pending and all - could be usefull.

Resilient Rondure seems to exist to keep the Lucifer Owned Counter down, which, while it does shore up his major weakness, doesn't play to his unique strengths the way Living Tranceiver would.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    New Mind Ability:

Deathstalker Luck, Always Bad:

Owen sometimes can’t do it alone. In times of need he can be in two places at once. Named after his mother last name (it was also an ability she shared), Owen can create an exact duplicate anywhere he has seen or can see. The duplicate and Owen can link mentally to speak and share info. The secondary effect of this ability is that if either Owen is killed, the other because the primary automatically. All memories are shared between the two as well.

The duplicate lasts for a number of hours equal to every 10 in Owen’s Mind Stat (5 hours currently) and can only be done once a day.

He refers to the second Owen as Stark if both are present or speaking to each other.
    So whichever Owen lives after the other is killed becomes New Owen, that's...well could be a little morbid if we dwell on it lol.

Are there any differences between the Clone starting out, like just straight up 2 Owens with a slight stamina drain?

...and uh, does the clone leave a body behind?

That Owen tech is however, positively Lovecraftian.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    I'll catch up a bit later, but can you spot us a quick check for setting notes?

Tech level - with the now glaring exception of Adminstrator installations and super wealthy people - is around mid-20th century, WW2 era in this area of the district, right?

...er, or probably worse, given the fact that it's a slum?

And it's kind of a seedier part of town outside of the EN Hideout, right?
    Correct, think ghetto slums with people packed together, market bazars and shady background stuff.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I feel Living Transceiver might have a lot more utility to it. It's a sensory ability that works in a different manner to the other extrasensory characters do, and with the recent exposition and evidence of high tech contraptions in the setting - assuming LuxWeave isn't already privy to them, patents-pending and all - could be usefull.

Resilient Rondure seems to exist to keep the Lucifer Owned Counter down, which, while it does shore up his major weakness, doesn't play to his unique strengths the way Living Tranceiver would.

So whichever Owen lives after the other is killed becomes New Owen, that's...well could be a little morbid if we dwell on it lol.

Are there any differences between the Clone starting out, like just straight up 2 Owens with a slight stamina drain?

...and uh, does the clone leave a body behind?
    There is a slight difference. It appears straight up a clone but mirrored instead of an exact copy. So ‘Stark’ is left handed, hair is parted opposite, etc..... The reason for this is...not known to anyone except for him and his mother and father.

And no, there is no body left once the secondary either dies or is dismissed after the time limit is exceeded.

There is an implication that Owen has used this ability before and...switched...more than once.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 07-30-2020 at 05:39 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Okay, I'm done with my write up, I'll post some things including upgrades tomorrow evening.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Nothing can keep the Lucifer Owned Counter down. Nothing.

Still a good point, though.

*RR gets roundhoused to Mind 5, putting LT squarely back into the Mind 3 position*
    This signature intentionally left blank.

I posted on my RPG Hangout Discord, for this RPG and others, previews of some of Matthias' objects. The invite is still open to anyone who wants to join. Just PM me.

Still trying to decide which object to activate first.

Okay, for Sandy's approval:

Psychedelic: An ancient magical ring, one of Matthias many treasures. The ring does not affect its wearer, however, if the wearer touches another person with the hand on which the ring is worn, and wills the ring to work, that person touched will experience an effect similar to Psychedelic Mushrooms, Peyote, or LSD depending on their biochemistry. The effect lasts 20 minutes for every 10 points in Soul, up to 6 hours. After which, the person recovers with no withdrawal or addiction issues. Also, he can affect one person for every 20 points in Soul, up to 5 people in a single day. Being right-handed, when he wears it, he wears it on his left pinky finger to avoid accidents.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-31-2020 at 07:23 PM.