Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I don't think drawing attention to himself is something he'd naturally do. Hmmmm.......whistling.....what if he could modulate his voice to create a Whistling sound that is inaudible to human ears but but painful to animals, used to scare them away if he feels threatened. If his stat points go up, the sound might eventually reach sonic levels, enough to cause actual damage.
    That sounds like a potential winner to me.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Haaah?! What a prude!"
    "Perhaps, but that outfit's loud in the visible spectrum- and somehow louder outside of it, which shouldn't even be possible."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Elucidate?

Escapology is physical only, keeping in the theme of Kinu's wrasslin'. Magical bonds or telekinesis she has no answer for atm. Going at it against a monster or a death trap, otoh, is a different thing entirely.

Issen is largely subject to the situational approval of the other players and the GM not sandbagging it, and isn't something Kinu can use on her own.

Squared Circle is limited largely to CIS, granted. Though, take a gander and which of her stats is the lowest.
    Oh, I didn't mean they're broken or overpowered- more that someone seeing them happen from an outside perspective would probably called them hax or go "How the f- did she do that?!".

Which is really fitting for a character deeply steeped in the spirit of wrestling.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of the Empress of Tomorrow (Or should I say Kana or Asuka?) since I've kinda fallen off the wrestling hype train after the games became trash, but does she ever steal finishers like some used to do? Because that would be hilarious to see play out in game as a potential future ability.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Lighting just seemed odd. Because if we're dealing with special not-fire, I guess I'll have to wait for the reveal.
    I mean she's basically a Blue Dragon from DnD, breath-type wise... and Blue Dragons in DnD breathe lightning. Does it make sense? Not especially, but they're magical beasties and can do what they want.

... which is what Arx is. That the color of her magical pseudo-lightning breath matches her scale coloring is mostly my preference for the character.

So I'm not quite sure what reveal you're waiting for.

She's a dragon lady that vomits lightning-fire on herself, and cool-aid man's through walls.

Lucifer effectively designs special property cloth for a living, so when he sees people with what he thinks is a clothing problem, he's compelled to try and fix it.

Also, Grea's best dragon girl. Anyone who disagrees can fight me. I mean, I'd lose almost certainly, but would still be willing to fight all the same.
    *shrug*

I mean a'ight.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

That sounds like a potential winner to me.

"Perhaps, but that outfit's loud in the visible spectrum- and somehow louder outside of it, which shouldn't even be possible."

Oh, I didn't mean they're broken or overpowered- more that someone seeing them happen from an outside perspective would probably called them hax or go "How the f- did she do that?!".

Which is really fitting for a character deeply steeped in the spirit of wrestling.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of the Empress of Tomorrow (Or should I say Kana or Asuka?) since I've kinda fallen off the wrestling hype train after the games became trash, but does she ever steal finishers like some used to do? Because that would be hilarious to see play out in game as a potential future ability.
    Decided to go with it, thanks for the inspiration.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Did a bit of thinking and reorganizing things, and I want to see what everyone things before I edit it into the profile:

Mundus lvl: 0

Body lvl: 40
    Soul lvl: 20
    Mind lvl: 15

Skills:

Body Skills

Second Wind: Selma has spent a life getting into fights and struggling just to survive in an oft-times cruel, uncaring world. This hard-knock life has granted her the ability to regain lost stamina and strength during a particularly difficult fight, allowing her to return to peak condition in terms of feeling pain, tiredness, and weakness. However, this has a time limit, and after it wears off all the pain, tiredness, and weakness returns full-force.

Water Walking: Running, dodging, and escaping were a fact of life when Selma was a child. This caused her to learn to use her internal energy to be able to move on the top of a body of water like it was a solid surface, including running, standing, rolling over, or even laying on the water.

Combat Intuition: Fortunately for Selma in the life she'd chosen/was thrust into, she is a natural-born fighter, capable of learning many hand-to-hand combat moves after seeing them performed (or having them performed on her) in a matter of minutes.

Dragon's Roar: Selma takes a deep breath before releasing it in a powerful kiai scream that blow those its targeted at off their feet and leaves anyone nearby who hears it temporarily disoriented, thus opening them up for being attacked by Selma while they're incapacitated.

Soul Skills

Double Team: Life is unfair, and fights are more so. Selma knows this fact very well, so she developed a special technique that allowed her to make a magical duplicate of herself so that she could gain an advantage against an opponent. However, Selma can only create one duplicate, it has limited sentience, and only lasts a short amount of time.

Ice Make Weapon: You always need a weapon in a fight, and Selma has a technique for just this situation. She is capable of using ice magic to generate melee weapons, though her lack of training leaves her creating shields, clubs, hammers, gloves, and similar bludgeoning weapons.

Mind Skills

Sixth Sense: Selma has developed an empathic ability she states is her "sixth sense", which allows her to sense thr emotions of those around her, specifically those with malicious intent toward her or those she cares about.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Dragon's Roar? I mean, dragons are badass and all, but I didn't know they could roar (well, I guess you could what Temeraire does roaring, I think).

(Unfortunately, I don't know enough to comment on balance.)

*Pops fur collar and snaps garterbelts* "They all wanted a piece of Kinu. Now Kinu's got a piece of them."

I find her matches, win or lose, entertaining, although I'm admittedly a bit of a casual when it comes to pro-wrestling and its vernacular.

I don't believe she copied signature finishers, usually gets people to tap with a classic rear-naked choke lock.

I thought the point was that Selma wasn't just a knock off of other characters
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I thought the point was that Selma wasn't just a knock off of other characters
    Literally none of the new things in that list are things done by any other character.

An oddly chosen name does not a knock off make.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Did a bit of thinking and reorganizing things, and I want to see what everyone things before I edit it into the profile:
    I suppose this is subject to rewrites in Selma's bio as well.

Personally, I think the abilities are fine at a glance, they might just need a bit of tweaking in her personal lore to make them mesh, I guess. It's a bit of a leap to go from 'improvised technique learned on the streets' to these particularly refined skills.

I suppose things may be contentious where they might overlap. Then again, there's also the possibility that they may serve as inroads to future interactions with a little work, who knows?

Body Skills

Water Walking: Running, dodging, and escaping were a fact of life when Selma was a child. This caused her to learn to use her internal energy to be able to move on the top of a body of water like it was a solid surface, including running, standing, rolling over, or even laying on the water.

Dragon's Roar: Selma takes a deep breath before releasing it in a powerful kiai scream that blow those its targeted at off their feet and leaves anyone nearby who hears it temporarily disoriented, thus opening them up for being attacked by Selma while they're incapacitated.
    I'm wondering how Selma learned the skill of Water Walking, exactly? Fan Xia has specific longterm mentorship to hone her wuxia skill, for example.

The latter skill, again, is fine, although it sounds a lot like the skill Matthias just worked out and is building up. May be an interesting talking point with Arxiros, who is literally a dragon.

Soul Skills

Ice Make Weapon: You always need a weapon in a fight, and Selma has a technique for just this situation. She is capable of using ice magic to generate melee weapons, though her lack of training leaves her creating shields, clubs, hammers, gloves, and similar bludgeoning weapons.
    Again, as a standalone skill, seems fine to me. Just needs a little storytelling behind it, I guess.

Of course, we're all in the formative phase. Many character reveals yet to come, I'm sure.

An oddly chosen name does not a knock off make.
    Look at it this way.

Fresh off the heels of, "my character is unique", two of the techniques that replace the redundancies are a 'high-level' Wuxia skill (Xia); and Dragon Breath attack (Arx). If the intent was to fill a niche. That's called "failing it".

Arx Inosaan

*ahem* Blue Dragons are the evil lightning breathers in D&D. The good ones are Bronze Dragons, who are friendly aquatic themed jocks fluff wise.

Edit: Added 5 in.

Name: Jacob Eilzeki

Race: Beastman ( Lycanthrope / Lycan)

appearance

Class: EX Assassin

Items: pistol, throwing knives, Sniper Rife, and a locket contain a picture of his family.

Body lvl: 25
    Soul lvl: 40
    Mind lvl: 20

Skills:

Body:

Power arms: When he was a Assassin Jacob hone his upper arms. Strengthen their bones and muscles to the extend they are pretty much super human. This allows him to throw a object as small as a pebble with a lot of force at high velocities. However he can not pick up heavy objects like a cars due to the rest of his body not be as strong as his arms.

Bullet Time: When he was Assassin Jacob work on his reflexes to be able to dodge bullets.

Soul:

Animal Affinity: Jacob has a innate Affinity with animals which he is unware of.

Spirit Animal: Jacob has a innate ability to summon a spirit animal in the form of a German shepherd which he is not aware of ( as of this moment Jacob is now aware of his animal spirit Rhea)

Zoolingualism: Jacob has a innate ability to understand animals.

Zoopathy ( Animal Empathy): Jacob has the innate ability to sense the emotional state of animals, but he is unware of this.

Mind:

Sharp Shooter: It's Sharp shooting

History / Background Jacob used to be a family man, he had a wife and kids. He provided for his family but also had a dark secret. That secret was that he was a contract killer. To provide for his family, Jacob took up a job as a hitman.

His job even though dirty help provided for his family. One day Jacob lost his family. The event was so horrifying that it made Jacob suicidal. When he lost his family, Jacob gave up being Assassin, and tried to off himself many times but was unsuccessful many times.

One time Jacob attempt to kill himself by blowing his brains out with his pistol, He was protected by a German shepherd. Who stopped the bullet from going into Jacob's head at point-blank range. Jacob didn't know it at the time, but he subconsciously summoned a spirit animal to stop him from killing himself.

Other times when he tried to kill himself, strange animals got in the way. Currently, Jacob wanders from place to place, trying to kill himself. However, his animal spirit and strange animals keep getting in the way.

Special:

1. had a history of being suicidal but his spirit animal has been steering him on the right path.

2. believes that he hearing a voices in his head which are actually just his animal spirit and strange animals he encounters trying to communicate with him. Took a long time before he actually heed the advice of his spirit animal.

3 Has nightmares of losing his family.

4 . The Name of his Spirit Animal is Rhea after his deceased wife.

5 Has regrets and remorse for the innocent lives he has taken and the lives he has ruin because of it.

6 Believes that the death of his family was punishment for all his wrong doings.

7 His late wife Rhea was a medicine woman. When they first met Sixteen years ago. Jacob was sick and injured. Rhea patched up, took care of Jacob's injuries, and healed him of his sickness.

Theme songs.

Bobby Darin: Mack the Knife

Sacred Spirit: Ly O Lay Ale Loya

The Servant - Cells instrumental

Deceased Wife Rhea Aponi Eilzeki

Deceased children Dakota Eilzeki and Koko Eilzeki

Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-02-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Name: Jacob Eilzeki

Race: Human

appearance

Class: EX Assassin

Items: pistol, throwing knives, Sniper Rife, and a locket contain a picture of his family.

Body lvl: 25
    Soul lvl: 30
    Mind lvl: 20

Skills:

Body:

Enhanced throwing : When he was a Assassin Jacob hone his ability to throw objects to be able to kill people with deadly precision and accuracy. even when using something as small as a pebble.

Bullet Time: When he was Assassin Jacob work on his reflexes to be able to dodge bullets.

Soul:

Animal Affinity: Jacob has a innate Affinity with animals which he is unware of.

Spirit Animal: Jacob has a innate ability to summon a spirit animal in the form of a German shepherd which he is not aware of.

Zoolingualism: Jacob has a innate ability to understand animals.

Mind:

Sharp Shooter: It's Sharp shooting

History / Background Jacob used to be a family man, he had a wife and kids. He provided for his family but also had a dark secret. That secret was that he was a contract killer. To provide for his family, Jacob took up a job as a hitman.

His job even though dirty help provided for his family. One day Jacob lost his family. The event was so horrifying that it made Jacob suicidal. When he lost his family, Jacob gave up being Assassin, and tried to off himself many times but was unsuccessful many times.

One time Jacob attempt to kill himself by blowing his brains out with his pistol, He was protected by a German shepherd. Who stopped the bullet from going into Jacob's head at point-blank range. Jacob didn't know it at the time, but he subconsciously summoned a spirit animal to stop him from killing himself.

Other times when he tried to kill himself, strange animals got in the way. Currently, Jacob wanders from place to place, trying to kill himself. However, his animal spirit and strange animals keep getting in the way.

Special:

1. He's suicidal.

2. believes that he hearing a voices in his head which are actually just his animal spirit and strange animals he encounters trying to communicate with him.

3. Believes that his animal spirit is a hallucination bought on by his broken psyche

4. Has nightmares of losing his family.
    Seems ok so far....

That being said though, the sharpshooting and enhanced throwing seem more or less the same thing. (An aiming tech, you can prob put under mind)

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Replacing Body Forged in Bamboo with this:

Cloud Floats Over The Stream – Xia's training with Chan Li included manipulating her body's internal chi to perform feats most people would consider impossible. For instance, Cloud Floats Over The Stream allows her to lower her body mass to such a degree that she can balance perfectly on the fragile petals of a flower.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan
    Theme: Darkeater Midir - Dark Souls III: The Ringed City
    Combat Theme #1: Birth of a Wish - NieR: Automata OST
    "Simmering Hype" Combat Theme: Fate/Apocrypha OST #1 - Main Soundtrack

Height: 6' 5"
    Weight: 225
    Class: Chimera
    Items: She carries a light pack, wallet, and the clothes on her back.

Mundus LV: 0

Body LV: 50

Níðhöggr's Ouroboros - "While gnawed at from the inside out, the Dragon eats its own tail..." - The fire inside Arx burns twice as hot, and offers only consumption. In exchange for the ability to consume magic equal to her score in Body; Arxiros must perform this action at least once per day, lest she suffer a multiplicative withering effect equal to (5) points per day until her Body score reaches (0). Should this happen, Arx will die.

Jörmungandr's Might - "Beneath the waves, the serpent rests..." - [To be revealed in game]

?!?!?!? - "It's Magic, I ain't gotta explain ****." - When Arxiros puts her back into it, there's not much that can stand in her way. By focusing on a target directly in front of her, the Dragon becomes unstoppable; capable of deflecting frontal attacks that do not exceed her body score and ripping through obstacles (within the limitations of her maximum strength level) to reach her target. Attacks that exceed her Body score are mitigated by a flat (25) points. While attacks from directly behind Arxiros 'critically strike' for an additional (10). Attacks made from the side strike her as they would normally, no critical, no mitigation. Should the target disappear before she can reach it, or should she be otherwise prevented from reaching the target... Arx will enter a [Locked] until such time as she's destroyed the nearest object*. Regardless of how this ability resolves however, she can only use it once per conflict.

*... Dragon's can get very cranky when they don't get what they want.

Lamellar Batteries - Her scales. They're just... look. Dragons have scales. Hers are pretty. They can also store energy. Hers can store up to her body score (50), and this energy can:

1. Explode, once per battle, by consciously overloading them. This causes a small localized explosion dealing damage at a 1:1 ratio of her Body (50). This can and will hurt her if they are triggered while still attached; which is why she generally chucks them at things. The amount of scales she can trigger simultaneously is (5); the damage dealt by these does not stack.

2. [Locked]
    3. [Locked]

Here There Be Dragons - Arx is capable of forcing an opponent into their Fight or Flight response combat by subconsciously tapping into her latent Ki. In doing so, one of two things results. 1) The target, provided their Body is (25) or less they feel they cannot fight the Dragon, and they will attempt to break away and flee for (2) posts. 2) Provided their Body is (25) or more they feel they can fight the Dragon, plant their feet and 'square up' to her for (2) posts.

Regardless of the effect, the target will be immune to further invocations of this ability until combat is ended; with Arx needing to be within (3) meters of her designated to trigger the effect.

Soul LV: 10

Soul of Cinder - "A Dragon's Will is as Adamantine as its scales..." - By applying the effects of her Cindershroud internally, Arx is capable of purging 'corruption' be it the altering effects of foreign magics, or another's mental influence. This purge, happens at the rate of her Soul (10) per post she is 'under the influence' until the corruption is purged. At which point there is a brief cooldown of (2) posts, before the same attack or persistent effect, can affect her. The ability itself has a varying cooldown, measured in posts, dependent on the 'influence' due to stamina drain, and the strength of her Soul:

Minor - Alcohol (1)
    Moderate - Poisons (3)
    Severe - Magic/Mental Effects (5)

This ability can be reused at the cost of triggering the detrimental effects of Níðhöggr's Ouroboros prematurely. Subsequent uses after this point are possible, but will incur the same penalty per use. "See, I've got some pretty toasty antibodies..." - Arx Irosaan

Mind LV: 15

Aureate Shroud - Arx is a Dragon. Dragons breathe fire. So far so good, right? Not quite. By breathing her Dragon Fire onto herself Arx is capable of augmenting her attack or defenses (must be declared) for the next (2) actions. For the purposes of attack, this applies an additive effect equal to her Mind (15) for any physical attack made by Arx; and for the purposes of defense it offers the same. Because, as even a Ninja can attest: No one can catch you, if you're on fire.

History/Backstory:

Five years ago, an accident resulted in her transformation. Since then she's done little else but grow accustomed to her new form...

Special:

While she can be a bit gruff if she doesn't know you all that well, she is by and large a friendly individual … especially when drinking. She is also prone - like, well, a Dragon - to rely on the use of intimidation to settle matters when diplomacy has otherwise failed.

She tends to dress... modestly.

Arx's 'Dragon Fire' is golden and more closely resembles lighting than proper fire.

For every scale she removes, another takes its place. Like Shark's teeth.

She has what looks to be a heavy shackle around her neck, with a broken chain hanging from it.

Aspect of the Dragon - Arx is more than simply a Dragon in name, and magical affinity. She's, yanno, actually a Dragon. As such she shares many of their characteristics (if it wasn't obvious). This does however mean that she possesses things humans don't have. Like claws. Horns. Scales. A tail... Yanno, Dragon stuff. This also means, however she is similarly capable of things that humans themselves can't manage under normal circumstances. For the most part, this translates into an ability to exert the full amount of her strength with any and all parts of her body, be it her bite, a sweep of her tail, or a booty bump; as well as her prehensile tail being capable of fine-motor function.
    For Senor Sandy's final approval.

Arx Inosaan