Class: Ninja

Items: 100 Shuriken

Mundus lvl: ?

Body lvl:25
    Soul lvl: 50
    Mind lvl: 10

Skills:

Physical:

Tekkai Carapace- His already armored hide becomes even more durable, akin to metal. If he hunkers down, curling into a ball, he is nigh impervious, adding his soul score to his body for a maximum of the total number of ability points, although he cannot start any offense in this state. Aside from...

Ōmuriken- Ōmu hurls himself at a foe, launching himself at high speed in a spiral so the serrated edges of his hide can slice through weaker flesh. He cannot see in this state and can only move forward or backwards. After utilizing it this ability and Tekkai Carapace have a cool down of five posts.

Soul:

Kakuren Scrolls- He can summon scrolls that hand in middair, up to five at a time within a small radius that he and he alone can travel inbetween as a sort of mini-teleporters. If the scrolls roll up, they are invisible to most unless they have a sort supernatural perception. I'm the rolled up state Ōmu cannot attack.

Doku Diver- Dives into the ground, leaving behind venomous puddles in his wake.

Shu-Shu-Shu-shushuto Shuriken- Throws a single shrunken that hurts into 100 once it hits a physical impact.

Substitute the Jutsu- The old ninja trick. Twice per battle. He can avoid a direct hit, replacing himself with a straw dummy...that explodes in shuriken.

Imbuement- Concentration. Dedication. Through intense spiritual focus, Ōmu can imbue a single weapon with a combination of his soul and body scores up to the star cap.

Mind:

The Eye of a Needle- When aiming his shuriken, Ōmu can manage to hits hostiles with pinpoint accuracy.

History/Backstory: He was given life in a forest and began to eat. And then with time he grew. And so on when there was nothing left to eat, he moved to the mountainside and he grew further. And then when the villagers arrived, weapons in hand, all unable to pierce his hide, he ventured into civilization where he grew further still. And further and further until he was driven off by those who knew his weakness...

Wounded he lay still in the shadows, undetectable for a creature of his size. He learned to conceal himself within shadows...biding his time as he hid. But then travelers, hearing of the legend of the Ōmukade and wanting aid in their war, ventured forth wanting to know how to disappear from sight too as well as a massive beast. And so in exchange he taught them and the Omukade Shinobi were born. He had every intention to turn on them in the end, but in spite of himself, he grew attached.

Over the years their technique, their skill, their dedication to the art of consealment. All became synonymous with ninja. Very few are aware of it's true origins or the fact that the originator of such arts remains very much active today, albeit in a secretive fashion.

Now he remains in the shadows. Something was stirring and so he would move finally to determine the cause. Whether or not he would have to act....remains to be seen.

Special:
    If need be, he can coil to appear much smaller than he actually is.

He's a smoker.

Has pockets. You can question it if you wamt, but you probably won't be satisfied with the answer.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 07-21-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Retired Overlord

Ok, few question/suggestions for the ones who have bios in so far.

Grandpa - No problems here, in regards to your powers....I'm guessing your still coming up with some? (4 Body and 2 Soul afterall)

Nik - A more then meets the eye, old lady. Interesting. No issue here....I will make two suggestions though. Her background and abilities suggest she has natural magical potential, which makes her unique and...more importantly, a candidate for immediate witch-processing. How she managed to get to the ripe age of 60? without the Administratum putting her in the witch orphanage for processing...well...I'll leave that up to you. But keep in mind they've likely been the target of forced relocation/conscription on numerous occasions.
    In regards to your powers....all seem good, but perhaps 5 rings of power is a bit too much.....may I suggest limiting to 3 for the elven lords or one ring to rule them all? (Har Har Har, but seriously...5 invincibility rings that can double seems a bit on too much...especially since They don't seem to have an upper limit on what they can protect you from)

Chou: Seems ok. The 3D manuver gear though....I'd almost suggest coming up with something original with the same function if possible, or better even. No need to worry, there are no titans here. (We have much worse things)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Ok, few question/suggestions for the ones who have bios in so far.

Grandpa - No problems here, in regards to your powers....I'm guessing your still coming up with some? (4 Body and 2 Soul afterall)

Nik - A more then meets the eye, old lady. Interesting. No issue here....I will make two suggestions though. Her background and abilities suggest she has natural magical potential, which makes her unique and...more importantly, a candidate for immediate witch-processing. How she managed to get to the ripe age of 60? without the Administratum putting her in the witch orphanage for processing...well...I'll leave that up to you. But keep in mind they've likely been the target of forced relocation/conscription on numerous occasions.
    In regards to your powers....all seem good, but perhaps 5 rings of power is a bit too much.....may I suggest limiting to 3 for the elven lords or one ring to rule them all? (Har Har Har, but seriously...5 invincibility rings that can double seems a bit on too much...especially since They don't seem to have an upper limit on what they can protect you from)

Chou: Seems ok. The 3D manuver gear though....I'd almost suggest coming up with something original with the same function if possible, or better even. No need to worry, there are no titans here. (We have much worse things)
    Decided to give myself flame thrower gloves instead ( Hell it is Mustang, Fire was bond to show up at a point.)

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Her background was left intentionally nebulous because I didn't know what to expect from the setting. I'll rewrite some stuff and will ask for a review.

She's also a fair way past 60 but she's cagey about her age.

If I can argue my case on this. While I haven't written a ceiling, this is because I don't know how your system works. If you want me to scale it versus Jagrati's Soul stat as a limit I'd have no objections there if that suits you. I would also draw your attention to the fact that, while you have observed that they have no ceiling, they have also no conceptional floor either. Any attack, no matter how weak, will break a ring. A normal punch, a slap, a shove - it's hardly an ironclad defence.

Also, Empowerment of Aum can only be used on one object at a time. The most defensive Jagrati could conceivably make herself, assuming she wanted to burn all her resources on herself in one action and equip all five rings, would be the nullification of six attacks and then she's a frail old woman again with no real options.

Given that I'm aiming for her to a support type and how the abilities work, I'd personally like to push for five.

Have reworked my bio and special information Sandy, let me know if that's closer to being more entrenched in the world.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Her background was left intentionally nebulous because I didn't know what to expect from the setting. I'll rewrite some stuff and will ask for a review.

She's also a fair way past 60 but she's cagey about her age.
    No worries...there's nothing really game or story breaking included. I'm mainly presenting how the world would react to a backstory like the above to help give some future/current ideas for the character.

If I can argue my case on this. While I haven't written a ceiling, this is because I don't know how your system works. If you want me to scale it versus Jagrati's Soul stat as a limit I'd have no objections there if that suits you. I would also draw your attention to the fact that, while you have observed that they have no ceiling, they have also no conceptional floor either. Any attack, no matter how weak, will break a ring. A normal punch, a slap, a shove - it's hardly an ironclad defence.

Also, Empowerment of Aum can only be used on one object at a time. The most defensive Jagrati could conceivably make herself, assuming she wanted to burn all her resources on herself in one action and equip all five rings, would be the nullification of six attacks and then she's a frail old woman again with no real options.

Given that I'm aiming for her to a support type and how the abilities work, I'd personally like to push for five.
    Even given what you state above, I'm hesitant to have too many of these things available....the bar may be set low in what can trigger them, but the ceiling is still theoretically high. If anything I'd suggest setting the lower limit a bit higher.....maybe even have the ring protect against the small stuff and not break until it gets hit with something worthy of protecting the wearer. I'm not against the idea of a daily use ring that protects the wearer...its just the idea of one you can stack multiple copies of it on a single person.

So while I hate to push this...I'd much prefer less rings, even if you make em a little more potent on the lower scale its fine.

Retired Overlord

Have reworked my bio and special information Sandy, let me know if that's closer to being more entrenched in the world.
    I like it, no problems here

Even given what you state above, I'm hesitant to have too many of these things available....the bar may be set low in what can trigger them, but the ceiling is still theoretically high. If anything I'd suggest setting the lower limit a bit higher.....maybe even have the ring protect against the small stuff and not break until it gets hit with something worthy of protecting the wearer. I'm not against the idea of a daily use ring that protects the wearer...its just the idea of one you can stack multiple copies of it on a single person.

So while I hate to push this...I'd much prefer less rings, even if you make em a little more potent on the lower scale its fine.
    Where do you stand on the "rings absorb damage but can only be broken by an attack equal to Jagrati's Soul stat" idea? Is that mechanically viable?

Also, what if I remove the stack ability? Jagrati can create up to five rings but attempting to put a new one on will be interpreted as an attack and will shatter the old one. Can I still have five then?

Retired Overlord

Where do you stand on the "rings absorb damage but can only be broken by an attack equal to Jagrati's Soul stat" idea? Is that mechanically viable?

Also, what if I remove the stack ability? Jagrati can create up to five rings but attempting to put a new one on will be interpreted as an attack and will shatter the old one. Can I still have five then?
    Well...How about a hybred of these ideas.

You don't have to have them break when you put on more then one, just that they all shatter when you tank an attack with them on....so mechanically it not good to stack them anyways....and each ring blunts an attack equal to her soul stat, anything above that would still get through.

How does this sound?

Well...How about a hybred of these ideas.

You don't have to have them break when you put on more then one, just that they all shatter when you tank an attack with them on....so mechanically it not good to stack them anyways....and each ring blunts an attack equal to her soul stat, anything above that would still get through.

How does this sound?
    Okay to recap so I have this clear.

- I still can have five in total.
    - Passive tracking abilities are still a go.
    - Multiple rings can be worn but they all react in the same way when an attack is received so a single attack would break multiple rings.
    - Rings can block a single attack of any form successfully as long as it is equal to or lower than Jagrati's Soul stat in terms of numerical value. Anything higher, the attack value will be blunted by an amount equal to Jagrati's Soul stat.

I'm happy with all that.

Am I still allowed to amp a single ring with Aum Empowerment? This would either give a single ring two "lives" or would allow that ring alone to eat an attack equal to double Jagrati's Soul stat, whichever you'd prefer.

I would happily take 1.5x her stat if you want me to nerf it

Retired Overlord

Okay to recap so I have this clear.

- I still can have five in total.
    - Passive tracking abilities are still a go.
    - Multiple rings can be worn but they all react in the same way when an attack is received so a single attack would break multiple rings.
    - Rings can block a single attack of any form successfully as long as it is equal to or lower than Jagrati's Soul stat in terms of numerical value. Anything higher, the attack value will be blunted by an amount equal to Jagrati's Soul stat.

I'm happy with all that.

Am I still allowed to amp a single ring with Aum Empowerment? This would either give a single ring two "lives" or would allow that ring alone to eat an attack equal to double Jagrati's Soul stat, whichever you'd prefer.

I would happily take 1.5x her stat if you want me to nerf it
    The enhancement letting one ring tank 1.5 your soul score is fine, but something you can only do once a day. Make it more strategic, ya know.

The enhancement letting one ring tank 1.5 your soul score is fine, but something you can only do once a day. Make it more strategic, ya know.
    Wait, is the enhancement ability as a whole as once per day thing or just as it applies to the rings?

Why you trying to nickel and dime the man with a start-of-game ability.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Wait, is the enhancement ability as a whole as once per day thing or just as it applies to the rings?
    I was thinking ring specific.

I was thinking ring specific.
    I will take it.

No further questions from me.