Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Since it seems Selma one steps on too many niches, alternate Selma is too late for the "classic magical girl" niche, and since the game's starting tomorrow, meaning its too late to plan a whole new character, it looks like I'm dropping out. Hopefully Cleric will start a new RP after DBM finally ends and I'll be able to hopefully make a character that doesn't do the same.
    Who else is doing the "classic magical girl" thing?
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Retired Overlord

Since it seems Selma one steps on too many niches, alternate Selma is too late for the "classic magical girl" niche, and since the game's starting tomorrow, meaning its too late to plan a whole new character, it looks like I'm dropping out. Hopefully Cleric will start a new RP after DBM finally ends and I'll be able to hopefully make a character that doesn't do the same.
    If you need a bit of extra time to plot something out I'm ok with holding off for an extra day or so, or at worse case finding a point a little after the initial events to add you in.

Took a step back, took a deep breath, and did some more work on Selma. Removed the controversial "Water Walking" technique and replaced it with the ability to use her ki to generate electricity over her body to increase her attacks, cause electrical burns and paralysis. I also replaced the Dragon's Roar with "Sickle Kick", which is pretty much the Rankyaku from One Piece. Also explained how she learned them (friends who knew them and learned them to survive in the world they exist in). Also added a couple of items and a skill under "Special".

And to be perfectly honest, if I created a new character at this point it'd be a spiteful one thats abilities have a side effect of countering/negating those of Arx, such as them having a way to attack the opponent from behind to negate her "Juggernaut" ability and its front-based invulnerability, cause explosive items (such as her scales) to detonate, etc. In fact, I'd started plotting one, and the character was a barbarian whose clan lived in the Ruins and they regularly hunted those they deemed "unnatural" (witches, eldritch creatures, dragons, etc).

So... yeah.
    Last edited by The Dog; 06-29-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I miss being able to delete my own posts.
    Last edited by Noldere; 06-29-2020 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Stepping Back
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Took a step back, took a deep breath, and did some more work on Selma. Removed the controversial "Water Walking" technique and replaced it with the ability to use her ki to generate electricity over her body to increase her attacks, cause electrical burns and paralysis. I also replaced the Dragon's Roar with "Sickle Kick", which is pretty much the Rankyaku from One Piece. Also explained how she learned them (friends who knew them and learned them to survive in the world they exist in). Also added a couple of items and a skill under "Special".

So... yeah.
    Well, glad you'll be sticking with us, for what it's worth. Have these modifications been posted yet? At a glance at Selma's first-page bio at the time of posting they don't seem to have been inserted yet. Ultimately though this is between you and our GM's approval.

As for, uh, PvP, well, let's try not to get too concerned about that right now. I think Sandman's hinted that there's worse things out there than our crew.

Yeah. Hell even I am not for pvp this time. This is Lovecraft shot we are dealing with, damn the egos.

We got reality munching monsters afoot.

Did some last minute Bio tweaking, nothing major.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mundus lvl: 0

Body lvl: 15
    Soul lvl: 50
    Mind lvl: 20

Skills:

Body Skills

Second Wind: Selma has spent a life getting into struggling just to survive in an oft-times cruel, uncaring world. This hard-knock life has granted her the ability to regain lost stamina and strength during a particularly difficult fight, allowing her to return to peak condition in terms of feeling pain, tiredness, and weakness. However, this has a time limit, and after it wears off all the pain, tiredness, and weakness returns full-force.

Soul Skills

Shadow Sneak: Selma is capable of slipping into shadows, where she can not only hide from sight or avoid attacks, but can also move between shadows as a form of fast travel, land sneak attacks, or escape from unfavorable situations. Though to actually attack someone Selma must leave the shadows and open herself up to attack.

Flash Freeze: An incapacitating spell, Selma generates a ball of ice magic that is fired toward the target. Should it strike, the victim will be quickly encased in a layer of strong ice, ensnaring and incapacitating them as well as leaving them open to attacks from Selma or others.

Reversal: By creating a magical sigil in the air before her, Selma is able to redirect attacks thrown toward her back at the opponent. However, there is a limit to how much it can reverse and it only works on things such as energy blasts, explosions, and projectiles, so is useless against melee weapons or hand-to-hand attacks.

Transfiguration Central: Selma places her hands on an item and can change what shape it is, what material its made of, and its function. The more complex the item she's changing it into is, the longer it takes for the transfiguration to complete. And if she wants to make a gun, she needs to transfigure the gun itself, then transfigure each individual bullet into it before she's able to use it. The transformation only lasts a few minutes after it is finished before it breaks down and returns to its original form, and the current limit on maximum size is around the size of a microwave.

- Transfiguration Central MK II: Selma's control over Transfiguration Central has grown stronger, allowing her to make items, even complex items like guns, much faster than before and they also last longer before returning to their original state. Guns are also transfigured fully loaded, allowing her to begin shooting immediately after forming them, and the maximum size of item she can transfigure has grown to roughly the size of a refrigerator.

Mind Skills

Sixth Sense: Selma has developed an empathic ability she states is her "sixth sense", which allows her to sense the emotions of those around her, specifically those with malicious intent toward her or those she cares about. She can also use it to locate people within a certain distance of her, allowing her to know if someone's hiding to attack her or sneaking up behind her.

Fortified Will: Selma's life has left her with the ability to resist attacks against her psyche, allowing her to fight against attacks against her mind or attempts to manipulate her emotional state by outside forces of opponents.
    Last edited by The Dog; 07-21-2020 at 04:44 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

Looks good to me, I'll update the link to this post. *thumbs up*

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Looks good to me, I'll update the link to this post. *thumbs up*
    Nah, I'll edit it into my post on the first page so you don't need to. And I'll edit this post into... something.
    - C.S. Lewis

Nah, I'll edit it into my post on the first page so you don't need to. And I'll edit this post into... something.
    Save it for possible overflow, if your bio becomes too big.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Made the change that Gen and I discussed last night, and took 5 points out of mind and added them to soul. I'll come up with a Soul tech before the game starts and save the other for later.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Made the change that Gen and I discussed last night, and took 5 points out of mind and added them to soul. I'll come up with a Soul tech before the game starts and save the other for later.
    Check Discord

Changed Enhanced throwing to Power fists ( should really be power arms, but whatever) because it conflict with sharpshooter. Made Jacob only have a history of suicidal base on Tami's advice. In Baseball terms there's a thing called Arm Strength ( ARM) Which is defined as the maximum velocity of any throw made by a fielder -- with the max velocity always being at the release point, due to physics. My point is not to make Jacob a brickfist but to make him be able to throw with speed, accuracy and precision.

Sharpshooter only covers accuracy and precision not speed. For speed he would need to be able to enhanced acceleration and velocity of the object he throws. Jacob's spirit animal is based on Native American lore.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-30-2020 at 12:16 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Soul tech as promised:

Lion Ambushes the Wildebeest - Chi flows within the entire body, true; but it can also flow without the body. During her training, Xia learned how to use her chi to manipulate her own fighting spirit to manifest itself as a physical entity to attack a target of her choosing. The spirit can only attack once every time it's summoned and can only be summoned once per 10 Soul points. The strength of its attacks are equal to her Soul stat.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!