Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Why you trying to nickel and dime the man with a start-of-game ability.
    Is this directed at me or Sandy? Feels like it could apply to either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You, why would I contest the GM when all it seems like he's doing is trying to maintain some semblance of balance at gamestart.

Just feel like, if you wanted all of this, you could have it. Just spread it out a bit. Ring Granny evolving into Pimp Ring Granny with subsequent upgrades; and so on.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Grandpa - No problems here, in regards to your powers....I'm guessing your still coming up with some? (4 Body and 2 Soul afterall)
    Yes, yes I was. And I totally didn't miss that 10 points makes for a skill per portion, nope >_>

Submitted for the approval of the peanut gallery:

Tech List

Physical Skills:

1) Shootfighting: In a maze of fighting styles, hers is the way of GRAPPLERS! Kinu possesses a boisterous, some might say unorthodox, capability in the art of catch wrestling! Once she makes physical contact with an opponent, she can gain a preternatural read on their intentions through kinetic listening.

2) Escapology: You can't grab what isn't there, when your opponent can worm out of your snare! Surprisingly flexible considering her build and - usual - profession, Kinu has a preternatural ability to escape compromised, cloistered conundrums! Binds, chokes, no holds barred, she thinks even ropes and chains and locks are mere canards! If Kinu is physically restrained, given at least 3 posts she can likely find a way out!

3) Suplex City: An opponent's weakest spot is to be in a position they cannot defend themselves! Exploiting this, Kinu receives an increased chance of success if she can attack an opponent from behind, and a critical damage buff if the attack lands!

4) Hard Sell, Hard Return - The momentum of a match is the most important thing to the spectator, because the harder you fall, the higher you can rise! Kinu can absorb impacts up to a peak capacity of 175% of her maximum durability to return in a grapple or blow of her own! If she goes over this threshold or loses consciousness, the energy is lost.

Soul Skills

1) Issen (一閃 "Flash, brandish") - A charismatic performer is only as good as she is able to work a crowd. By tapping into Issen, colloquially known as the Hype Generator. it is said that if you believe in Kinu, she can make impossible feats happen and turn the tide (Only works once per conflict)

2) Squared Circle - The ring isn't merely a thing made of ropes and canvas, but a construct within the hearts and minds of the true Wrestler! Because she regards everything around her as a potential avenue for a performance, so is Kinu able to incorporate most anything and probably everything into her act - even if it's not meant to be used that way! If she thinks something can be used as a rope, canvas, or turnbuckle, by some strange quirk of will it will behave in that fashion. (Ie: if she thinks that steel railing will work bout as well as a rubber rope, there's a high chance her opponent's going to bounce off of it).
    Last edited by grampagen; 06-18-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Retired Overlord

I'd like to think I'm just very invested in keeping a good balance....we all need to be kept on the straight and narrow sometimes ya know.

Now gimmie all your pennies.

You, why would I contest the GM when all it seems like he's doing is trying to maintain some semblance of balance at gamestart.

Just feel like, if you wanted all of this, you could have it. Just spread it out a bit. Ring Granny evolving into Pimp Ring Granny with subsequent upgrades; and so on.
    I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss and negotiate abilities with players in a game of this type. I've literally done it in my own games as GM.

I also don't know what the game system, the general combat to social gameplay ratio is and I don't know how often we're going to get new stuff.

Why wouldn't I negotiate?

@Gen, the description of Escapology seems to be unfinished.

Also, Squared Circle is rad.

I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss and negotiate abilities with players in a game of this type. I've literally done it in my own games as GM.
    I mean that's fair, but I can't say much came of those discussions, considering.

I also don't know what the game system, the general combat to social gameplay ratio is and I don't know how often we're going to get new stuff.

Why wouldn't I negotiate?
    Ignoring everything else, maybe ask and get a feel for the system before attempting to 'negotiate'?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

@Gen, the description of Escapology seems to be unfinished..
    ... *checks* Nah it'll be fine.

"If Kinu is physically restrained,"

...let's edit that real quick.

Also, Squared Circle is rad.

Hehe, thanks. I want to work in wallbounces and OTGs into a game medium they are completely not meant for!
    Last edited by grampagen; 06-18-2020 at 04:56 PM.

First draft up

Sigourney Estelle

Nickname(s)
    Sig, Siggy

Race
    Human

Class
    Akashic

Item(s)
    New Journal
    "They gave me a new journal to replace my old one. I used to write everything in it... but I must have lost it."

Mundus Level: 0
    * Body Level: 15
    * Soul Level: 30
    * Mind Level: 30

Skill(s)
    Tekeli-li, The Lucifer's Hammer
    [Power Source: Mind(10)/Soul(10)]

The conduit of Sigourney's power, this mysterious object came from the heavens when beckoned, pulverizing those who would do her harm.
    Roughly larger than the size of a large man, it sports three large claws at the bottom, and their purpose, much like its entirety, is unknown as it seldom lingers beyond its use.

Tears of Kadath
    [Power Source: Mind(10)/Soul(10)]
    Imprinted within her upon initially touching Tekeli-li, this iridescent liquid metal resides beneath her skin. Under her control, this liquid takes the form of nine semi-solid spheres that each possess the power of a high-caliber bullet; however, it also acts on its own accord, especially when it comes to Sigourney's protection. By coating her exterior, it can act as a shield at the cost of mobility.

Phantasmal Gear, Vult
    [Power Source: Mind(10)/Body(10)/Soul(10)]
    Could this be the true purpose of Tekeli-li? What power lies beneath its surface? [To be revealed in-game]

History/Backstory
    TBA

Special
    TBA

Retired Overlord

Hmm.....truth be told, I don't want to impede on the characters as you guys want them presented, but even with the concessions made I'm still iffy on the rings.....there is a legit point made, even in its current form it seems a bit too strong for a starting skill. Especially combo'd with the other skill....which also amounts to several skills in one slot.

Listen Nik, I've given it a bit more though....and honestly, I'm wondering if you could go with a different skill? Maybe tone down the 5th one as well. Don't take this the wrong way....I like both ideas, but it seems a bit to much too soon, ya know? I'll offer any help advise I can of course.

Retired Overlord

Default The Nephilim

Mysterious in origin, Fathomless in power. They are the figureheads of the Administratum...celestial beings who descended to bring order to the ruined world. Know them, for one day you may earn their blessing....or ire.

~~~~

The Empress ~ Supreme Magi Auria
    Atop the scale of power rests the Empress, the first Nephilim. History as told by the Administratum records that she descended from the heavens on the eve of humanities downfall to the Ruin, offering salvation. She proclaimed the ruin was the result of human avarice unchecked, and founded the Administratum Magi to guide humanity on a path of redemption. While she was rarely seen now in public...to the point nobody has seen her face in years, her hand is in every action taken by the authority. It is said that the night she decended....the heavens were awash with tendrils of magic that turned night into day. Her power seem limitless, her motives....a true mystery for the ages.

The Priestess - Orphan Matron Saolvia
    In many ways, the Mother of Witches. She is the overseer of the orphanage, the secretive institute that facilitates and trains magic adepts gathered from the four corners of the ruined world. Taken from families, friends, loved ones....they ares transformed into Magic wielding super solders, obedient to the will of the Administratum. Families are often incentives with better living conditions to give up their children for screening and enrollment, but rarely do they ever see the end result....and many a story of the conditions these witches in waiting go through is the stuff of nightmares. Saolvia herself carries with the aura of a soft motherly figure....a kind soul.....treating all as her own children..........so why.....are her eyes so hungry....

The Tower ~ Prison Queen Chandra
    Enemies of the Authority who are deemed sufficiently guilty are often relocated to to the Mysterious Einsberg Castle. The term Prison does not even begin to describe it....it is a monolith to ego and authority. A place where the laws of nature mean nothing, up is down, lies are truth and fantasy is reality. It is never in the same place twice, and its means of locomotion are as mind bending as its existence proper. Prisoners are slowly eroded of their will, subjected to terrors beyond natural conception....and atop it all, the shining throne of the Queen. Beyond the gates, you are in her domain.......and all in her domain are hers to play with.

The Hierophant ~ Alice, Voice of the Nephilim
    Administratum Propaganda is ingrained into every aspect of Human Society. Every Television, every radio, every form of communication.......it spreads its ceaseless message of unity under the Nephilim. At its heart is the Alice Program, a state run propaganda network centered around the cult of a certain young lady. Arrogant, prideful, conceited and high on her own personality.....Alice Voice is projected to the four corners of the earth. Worse then a virus, worse then a plague....she is a meme, a infection that cannot be warded as long as her message rings out. Some say her broadcasts are cursed....but who can say. Its just TV.

The Lovers ~ Apel and Meru
    Fire and water. Two Nephilim who are, ironically, rarely seen without each other. Each command a special division of the Administratum military....the Army and Navy Respectively. One is a temperamental hothead that gives no quarter to her enemies, the other a cold and calculating schemer who only cares for herself......fire and water......at least until you realize the former refers to Meru and the latter to Apel.

The Hermit - Baba Yaga
    We are all Baba Yaga.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 06-23-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan
    Theme: Darkeater Midir - Dark Souls III: The Ringed City
    Combat Theme #1: Birth of a Wish - NieR: Automata OST
    "Simmering Hype" Combat Theme: Fate/Apocrypha OST #1 - Main Soundtrack

Height: 6' 5"
    Weight: 225
    Class: Chimera
    Items: She carries a light pack, wallet, and the clothes on her back.

Mundus LV: 0

Body LV: 50

Níðhöggr's Ouroboros - "While gnawed at from the inside out, the Dragon eats its own tail..." - The fire inside Arx burns twice as hot, and offers only consumption. In exchange for the ability to consume magic equal to her score in Body; Arxiros must perform this action at least once per day, lest she suffer a multiplicative withering effect equal to (5) points per day until her Body score reaches (0). Should this happen, Arx will die.

Jörmungandr's Might - "Beneath the waves, the serpent rests..." - [To be revealed in game]

?!?!?!? - "It's Magic, I ain't gotta explain ****." - When Arxiros puts her back into it, there's not much that can stand in her way. By focusing on a target directly in front of her, the Dragon becomes unstoppable; capable of deflecting frontal attacks that do not exceed her body score and ripping through obstacles (within the limitations of her maximum strength level) to reach her target. Attacks that exceed her Body score are mitigated by a flat (25) points. While attacks from directly behind Arxiros 'critically strike' for an additional (10). Attacks made from the side strike her as they would normally, no critical, no mitigation. Should the target disappear before she can reach it, or should she be otherwise prevented from reaching the target... Arx will enter a [Locked] until such time as she's destroyed the nearest object*. Regardless of how this ability resolves however, she can only use it once per conflict.

*... Dragon's can get very cranky when they don't get what they want.

Lamellar Batteries - Her scales. They're just... look. Dragons have scales. Hers are pretty. They can also store energy. Hers can store up to her body score (50), and this energy can:

1. Explode, once per battle, by consciously overloading them. This causes a small localized explosion dealing damage at a 1:1 ratio of her Body (50). This can and will hurt her if they are triggered while still attached; which is why she generally chucks them at things. The amount of scales she can trigger simultaneously is (5); the damage dealt by these does not stack.

2. [Locked]
    3. [Locked]

Here There Be Dragons - Arx is capable of forcing an opponent into their Fight or Flight response combat by subconsciously tapping into her latent Ki. In doing so, one of two things results. 1) The target, provided their Body is (25) or less they feel they cannot fight the Dragon, and they will attempt to break away and flee for (2) posts. 2) Provided their Body is (25) or more they feel they can fight the Dragon, plant their feet and 'square up' to her for (2) posts.

Regardless of the effect, the target will be immune to further invocations of this ability until combat is ended; with Arx needing to be within (3) meters of her designated to trigger the effect.

Soul LV: 10

Soul of Cinder - "A Dragon's Will is as Adamantine as its scales..." - By applying the effects of her Cindershroud internally, Arx is capable of purging 'corruption' be it the altering effects of foreign magics, or another's mental influence. This purge, happens at the rate of her Soul (10) per post she is 'under the influence' until the corruption is purged. At which point there is a brief cooldown of (2) posts, before the same attack or persistent effect, can affect her. The ability itself has a varying cooldown, measured in posts, dependent on the 'influence' due to stamina drain, and the strength of her Soul:

Minor - Alcohol (1)
    Moderate - Poisons (3)
    Severe - Magic/Mental Effects (5)

This ability can be reused at the cost of triggering the detrimental effects of Níðhöggr's Ouroboros prematurely. Subsequent uses after this point are possible, but will incur the same penalty per use. "See, I've got some pretty toasty antibodies..." - Arx Irosaan

Mind LV: 25

Aureate Shroud - Arx is a Dragon. Dragons breathe fire. So far so good, right? Not quite. By breathing her Dragon Fire onto herself Arx is capable of augmenting her attack or defenses (must be declared) for the next (2) actions. For the purposes of attack, this applies an additive effect equal to her Mind (15) for any physical attack made by Arx; and for the purposes of defense it offers the same. Because, as even a Ninja can attest: No one can catch you, if you're on fire.

History/Backstory:

Five years ago, an accident resulted in her transformation. Since then she's done little else but grow accustomed to her new form...

Special:

While she can be a bit gruff if she doesn't know you all that well, she is by and large a friendly individual … especially when drinking. She is also prone - like, well, a Dragon - to rely on the use of intimidation to settle matters when diplomacy has otherwise failed.

She tends to dress... modestly.

Arx's 'Dragon Fire' is golden and more closely resembles lighting than proper fire.

For every scale she removes, another takes its place. Like Shark's teeth.

She has what looks to be a heavy shackle around her neck, with a broken chain hanging from it.

Aspect of the Dragon - Arx is more than simply a Dragon in name, and magical affinity. She's, yanno, actually a Dragon. As such she shares many of their characteristics (if it wasn't obvious). This does however mean that she possesses things humans don't have. Like claws. Horns. Scales. A tail... Yanno, Dragon stuff. This also means, however she is similarly capable of things that humans themselves can't manage under normal circumstances. For the most part, this translates into an ability to exert the full amount of her strength with any and all parts of her body, be it her bite, a sweep of her tail, or a booty bump; as well as her prehensile tail being capable of fine-motor function.
    Last edited by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh; 07-21-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Mysterious in origin, Fathomless in power. They are the figureheads of the Administratum...celestial beings who descended to bring order to the ruined world. Know them, for one day you may earn their blessing....or ire.
    ...so you're saying there's a chance for diplomacy, alliances, and maybe magical favours, eh?

The Hierophant ~ Alice, Voice of the Nephilim
    Administratum Propaganda is ingrained into every aspect of Human Society. Every Television, every radio, every form of communication.......it spreads its ceaseless message of unity under the Nephilim. At its heart is the Alice Program, a state run propaganda network centered around the cult of a certain young lady. Arrogant, prideful, conceited and high on her own personality.....Alice Voice is projected to the four corners of the earth. Worse then a virus, worse then a plague....she is a meme, a infection that cannot be warded as long as her message rings out. Some say her broadcasts are cursed....but who can say. Its just TV.
    ...guaranteed TV spots you say...?

*takes notes*

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Goin' for a mascot

Character Sheet

Name: Ōmu

Race: Mascot (centipede)

Appearance: (You can use an image or describe it)

Class: Ninja/Sharpshooter

Items: 100 Shuriken

Mundus lvl: ?

Body lvl:25
    Soul lvl: 40
    Mind lvl: 10

Skills:

Physical:

Tekkai Carapace- His already armored hide becomes even more durable, akin to metal. If he hunkers down, curling into a ball, he is nigh impervious although he cannot start any offense in this state. Aside from...

Ōmuriken- Ōmu hurls himself at a foe, launching himself at high speed in a spiral so the serrated edges of his hide can slice through weaker flesh.

Soul:

Kakuren Scrolls- He can summon scrolls that hand in middair, up to five at a time within a small radius that he and he alone can travel inbetween as a sort of mini-teleporters. If the scrolls roll up, they are invisible to most unless they have a sort supernatural perception. I'm the rolled up state Ōmu cannot attack.

Doku Diver- Dives into the ground, leaving behind venomous puddles in his wake.

Shu-Shu-Shu-shushuto Shuriken- Throws a single shrunken that hurts into 100 once it hits a physical impact.

Substitute the Jutsu- The old ninja trick. Twice per battle. He can avoid a direct hit, replacing himself with a straw dummy...that explodes in shuriken.

Mind:

The Eye of a Needle- When aiming his shuriken, Ōmu can Maldonado he hits hostages with pinpoint accuracy.

History/Backstory: He was given life in a forest and began to eat. And then with time he grew. And so on when there was nothing left to eat, he moved to the mountainside and he grew further. And then when the villagers arrived, weapons in hand, all unable to pierce his hide, he ventured into civilization where he grew further still. And further and further until he was driven off by those who knew his weakness...

Wounded he lie still in the shadows, undetectable for one of his size. He learned to conceal himself within shadows...hiding his time as he hid. But then travelers, hearing of the legend and wanting aid in their war wanted to know how to disappear from sight too. And so in exchange he taught them and the Omukade Shinobi were born. He had every intention to turn on them in the end, but I'm spite of himself, he grew attached.

Now he remains in the shadows. Something was stirring and so he would move finally to determine the cause. Whether or not he would have to act....remains to be seen.

Special: If need be, he can coil.to appear much smaller than he actually is.
    Profile's updated with abilities of anyone's interested.

Arxiros "Arx" Irosaan

Height: 6' 5"
    Weight: 225 lbs
    Class: Chimera
    Items: Things, and such.

Mundus LV: 0

Body LV: 50
    Soul LV: 10
    Mind LV: 15

Skills:

History/Backstory:

She tried to summon a familiar, and failed spectacularly. Or was it a resounding success? This was five years ago, and since then she's done little else but grow accustomed to her new form.

Special:

While she can be a bit gruff if she doesn't know you all that well, she is by and large a friendly individual … especially when drinking. She is also prone - like, well, a Dragon - to rely on the use of intimidation to setter matters when diplomacy has otherwise failed. Cool

She tends to dress... modestly.
    So stupid sexy brick chick again, a common squishy trait. ( I kid)

Seriously though I like everyone though my fav is the hammer/liquid metal that Yun Lao has. King of pie is close second.