Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445 LastLast
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if Lucifer thinks that Rhea should tell Jacob the truth about herself?
    If she thinks it's likely he'll desummon her (whether on purpose or by accident) and wants to exist more than she wants him to know the truth, then she probably shouldn't.

If she wants to maintain any sort of trust between him and her that isn't a ticking time bomb in disguise, that ship's probably already sailed, but I'd imagine trying to defuse said bomb now (or near to now) rather than having it go off at the worst possible moment would be best.

I haven't posted yet (because fatigue not make brain work so good), but I suppose the main thing Lucifer's thinking is why would she let anyone, much less the absolute worst person in the group (as far as keeping secrets is concerned) in on such sensitive information.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    If she thinks it's likely he'll desummon her (whether on purpose or by accident) and wants to exist more than she wants him to know the truth, then she probably shouldn't.

If she wants to maintain any sort of trust between him and her that isn't a ticking time bomb in disguise, that ship's probably already sailed, but I'd imagine trying to defuse said bomb now (or near to now) rather than having it go off at the worst possible moment would be best.

I haven't posted yet (because fatigue not make brain work so good), but I suppose the main thing Lucifer's thinking is why would she let anyone, much less the absolute worst person in the group (as far as keeping secrets is concerned) in on such sensitive information.
    I probably will have Rhea tell Jacob the truth about herself and be shock that Jacob knew she been making up stories.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-12-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "A drone, an artificial or mechanical device that is controlled remotely from a safe distance. A fellow Scavenger I knew once used drones to explore difficult to reach spaces and dangerous structures. He gave me a demonstration of how they worked, and it was impressive at the time, though not something I would normally use. in this case, however, it might be a viable option."
    *blows whistle*

Wait, hold up here.....Functioning old world tech like this ain't just gonna show up, or be easy to understand. The world still runs on WW2 tech barring the admins stuff....so just like En and the carrier are beyond the norm. At the very most you might have a nameless scavy find the wreakage of one, but that would in itself be beyond rare.....have more then one, that work, and he can use them?

Basically, might be a bit much for knowledge of that to be accessible...even to Mathias.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    *blows whistle*

Wait, hold up here.....Functioning old world tech like this ain't just gonna show up, or be easy to understand. The world still runs on WW2 tech barring the admins stuff....so just like En and the carrier are beyond the norm. At the very most you might have a nameless scavy find the wreakage of one, but that would in itself be beyond rare.....have more then one, that work, and he can use them?

Basically, might be a bit much for knowledge of that to be accessible...even to Mathias.
    I didn't expect that to be beyond, considering they are talking to a holographic fairy. It is basically a model airplane with a camera. Did you know assault drones were used in WWII?

But I can delete it if you want me to.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-14-2020 at 05:48 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

OOC: I didn't expect that to be beyond, considering they are talking to a holographic fairy. Did you know assault drones were used in WWII?

You mean the plane? The plane that was multiple times larger than a human? Certainly not the kind of drone Matthias is talking about.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

OOC: I didn't expect that to be beyond, considering they are talking to a holographic fairy. It is basically a model airplane with a camera. Did you know assault drones were used in WWII?

In the holographic fairy case, she and the carrier are more or less rare exceptions to the rule.....because the latter was basically a barely intact wreak lodged in the rocks with minimal contact until Mulvric and this group found it, and the stuff that made up En managed to survive for years inside the ship.

Most tech and scrap in the wilds are barely recognizable from their original functions, and would only be good in the hands of damn good engineers

Sandy says delete.

*blows whistle*

Well, that changes things.

I'd put the average tech level outside of the Administratum to around WW2 era, with the Administratum itself having a blend of modern technology and magic. There is a complex communication network that is entirely Authority owned/operated, with the upper class having access to fueled vehicles, television and wired communication. The slums are....well.....slums, with the quality of living being just enough to survive but not enough to enjoy life to any degree.

And they also get TVs....a big one....that blares propaganda and "A-11 got talent" 24/7.

Here is the interesting bit.....venture far enough into the wilds and you'll find broken/semi functional relics of a modern 21st century(or higher) civilization.....which some lucky few have been able to utilize.
    Know it was said little over a week before the game actually started... but maybe slapping this up somewhere on the first page of the sign up will make it harder to miss.

Seems like we're running into some issues at the moment.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I kerfuffled and messed up on that last one, I'll have to be more careful in the future. For now, everyone else is asking the right questions and I can't come up with anything to contribute.

Maybe tonight I'll get some more reasonable inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Xia heard what the man said, but had trouble comprehending it. "So, just so I'm on the same page, you are the reason why those innocent people were killed in the bomb explosion on the bridge? All because you decided to play white knight and 'save' some woman who in no way needed it? Do I have the right of it, or is there something I'm missing?"
    Just to note, reading through the bomb explosion bits, that I'm not actually seeing it stated that anyone actually died from the bomb detonations themselves (the bombs destroyed the supports below the bridge, which caused the bridge to collapse, but the explosions were not mentioned to directly hit anyone). People are confirmed to have died from fire and from falling- non En member victims of the former being hit by accident, while only En members hit by the fire being victims of the latter. Everyone's efforts seem to have let all the people not killed from the fire or from falling off the bridge survive its destruction, as far as I can see.

Also looking back, I find Kinu not noticing the reason for the botch hilarious (must have been distracted or something).

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Just to note, reading through the bomb explosion bits, that I'm not actually seeing it stated that anyone actually died from the bomb detonations themselves (the bombs destroyed the supports below the bridge, which caused the bridge to collapse, but the explosions were not mentioned to directly hit anyone). People are confirmed to have died from fire and from falling- non En member victims of the former being hit by accident, while only En members hit by the fire being victims of the latter. Everyone's efforts seem to have let all the people not killed from the fire or from falling off the bridge survive its destruction, as far as I can see.

Also looking back, I find Kinu not noticing the reason for the botch hilarious (must have been distracted or something).
    That's why she's asking Levin if that's the right of it. She wasn't there and all she has to go by is what Selma said.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Oh, she noticed.

Which is why she abducted Mercer at the outset and started hunting down Ange.

So, let's review:

Liquid flame doused the terrorists, sending several fleeing in panic and at least one over the side....a falling star into the abyss below.

But fire knows no good or evil, and with the panic of the bridge cracking the flame does not pick and choose its targets among the innocent and guilty. Flames make their way upon several of the bystanders trying to get away....igniting fires that forced others to navigate around and further bottlenecking the bridge.

Behind him....gunshot rained out as other small groups of gunman fired into the air in an attempt to corral the bystanders into fleeing, what had been their original plan.....simply out of order, as the bombs would have been later.
    This isn't exactly an 'oops, all dead' situation, but there were people caught up in the crossfire.

Both could see the terminal ahead, thankfully having been closer to that side when the bombs went off. Kinu could already feel the bridge beginning to wobble and collapse beneath her...

The door to the terminal is smashed open from the inside....and the red haired woman from behind appears in it, waving her arm desperately and shouting. "This way! Everyone this way before the bridge gives out! Inside!"
    The collapse of the bridge noted here was stemmed by Morgen's intervention, covering the columns in bling.

After this point, Kinu started looking into why the EN people, who by all appearances intended to bombed the bridge - perhaps later if not now - were trying to corral the same people that got caught up in their actions.

Misunderstandings abound, but that was the intention.

Well Levin drawing together conclusion that his knee attack to Mercer caused the bombs has given him one hell of a guilty conscious. Which is why he considers Aryx hideous. She seemed to revel in savagery, he causes it by accident and hates it.