Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Based on the setting info provided, going to tweak Jagrati's backstory to be more inkeeping with the setting.

EDIT: And boy am I up against the character limit on that post. :/
    If you ever need to post more I'll make sure to link it in the first page so its easier to get to.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    I kind of figured she would have died early. I can make it earlier in his life if you’d prefer.

I thought it would be an interesting potential tie into the world.

Everything else seem ok?
    Everything is fine so far, and don't worry about when it happened...whatever works.

Name: Morgen (Morgiana) Dupont

Race: Human

Appearance:

Momingie.jpg

Class: Obnoxious Rich Person

Items: Family Pendant and Ring, Lots of Cash Money, Compact Mirror

Mundus lvl: 0

Body lvl: 5
    Soul lvl: 40
    Mind lvl: 40

Skills:

Body
    [N/A]

Soul
    [ Rose Garden ] With a snap of her fingers, a flurry of magical rose petals appear around Morgen, floating suspended in the air. She has the power to temporarily change their shape and move them as she pleases, able to mold them into blades as sharp as swords, launch them as a swarm of needles, or cluster them together into a shield. While not especially damaging, the ability offers significant utility.
    [ Bird Cage ] Morgen summons a bird cage, inside of which is a 5/5/5 rose bird. Each successful hit on a living enemy grants the bird 5 points in each stat, up to half of her own. If the bird is destroyed, it can explode into a number of rose petals equal to one of its stats.
    [ Noble Alchemy ] Morgen can temporarily turn one of her rose creations (or a batch of petals) into solid gold. It lasts for one second per point in soul before turning back into rose petals (or if Morgen loses significant concentration). This 'rose gold' can be controlled exactly like her magical rose petals can, essentially acting as a significantly more potent version. She can transmute up to three small rose batches per post, with a cooldown of one post afterwards.
    [ Invest ] The more gold Morgen has out on the field, the less she suffers from limitations on Noble Alchemy.

Mind
    [ Living Chess ] Morgen launches a mental attack on a foe. Depending on the gap between their mind scores, the target either becomes a pawn or a rook. A pawn can only walk (not run) forward. A rook can run forwards, backwards, left, and right, but not diagonally. This lasts for one post.
    [ Noblesse ] An entity with lower mind stat than Morgen is compelled to obey the word 'stop' or its equivalent. At significantly lower levels, words like 'kneel' and other such commands must be obeyed, so long as they are not violent.
    [ OHOHO! ] A well placed ohoho empowers Morgen's next ability with increased effectiveness (she does not actually have to say ohoho to activate this, but she usually will).
    [ Mockery ] Morgen insults a foe's incompetence. Their next attack becomes increasingly telegraphed and inaccurate the greater the difference in their mind scores, making it easier to dodge. Every time they miss an attack, the effect refreshes until they finally land a hit.

History/Backstory: Lady MORGEN DUPONT is a spoiled child from a spoiled family, privileged with wealth and natural talents most only ever dream of. They have established themselves as among the ruling class of the city (beneath the oversight of the admistratum, of course), using their affluence to assign work and make some generous returns on their valuable labor. The family are well known for their investment in local security (protection racket) in order to keep the community (their business) safe.

Special: Annoying laugh may cause ears to bleed
    Last edited by Melon God; 07-21-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Retired Overlord

Melon: Sounds good, I will however make one suggestion....the OHOHO! ability seems like it may be a bit of trouble, I would try and shy away from potent stat boosting skills like that since it may make things a little unbalanced, especially later on.

Everything else is fine....may have to look into that backstory to see if there is some significance there lol

Got over my indecision finally and have posted my character. Finally! Selma St. Johns has come back... To an RP!
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Hope you worked out some kinda licensing agreement there.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Also on like, second pass. Basically just Dragon with extra steps.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Got over my indecision finally and have posted my character. Finally! Selma St. Johns has come back... To an RP!
    Works well enough. (Oh god another brick fist, where are all da magic girls)

Slight edit though thats more my fault then yours....the the starting posts I had the urban centers labeled wrong. A-11 is the main setting and I changed the city that fell to the ruin to A-9....mainly because it would be silly to move people from another continent.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    (Oh god another brick fist, where are all da magic girls)
    Hiding in abject terror.

Apparently a little birdie gave them a heads up on what was coming.

*Whistles innocently*
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Name: Selma St. Johns

Race: Human

Appearance:

Class: Fighter

Items:

- Ms. Maisy: A simple cloth doll given to Selma as a baby by her father, Selma has kept it close as reminder of her father. She takes good care of it, patching up any damage done to it and keeps it in pride of place on her bed.

- "Family" Photo: A group photo of Selma with her ragtag family, much like Ms. Maisy it is an item that Selma keeps close to her.

- Mother's Necklace: A golden chain with a heart-shaped pendant that belonged to Selma's mother that her mother gave to her shortly before she passed away.

Mundus lvl: 0

Body lvl: 50
    Soul lvl: 10i
    Mind lvl: 15

Skills:

Body Skills

Second Wind: Selma has spent a life getting into fights and struggling just to survive in an oft-times cruel, uncaring world. This hard-knock life has granted her the ability to regain lost stamina and strength during a particularly difficult fight, allowing her to return to peak condition in terms of feeling pain, tiredness, and weakness. However, this has a time limit, and after it wears off all the pain, tiredness, and weakness returns full-force.

Inhuman Strength: When the world puts great weight upon your shoulders, you either bow and break under it, or you grow stronger. For Selma, she grew stronger, her muscles becoming strong enough to break solid slabs of concrete with a punch, a kick, or even a headbutt, and she is able to lift over a ton and carry it for long periods of time.

Iron Body: Beaten, battered, but never broken, Selma's body has toughened from the punishment delivered upon her. She can take a punishment that would normally leave a person incapacitated and fight through agonizing pain as well as fight at peak condition for longer than the normal person.

Fancy Footwork: Running, dodging, and escaping were a fact of life when Selma was a child. This caused her to become far faster than normal, as well as engage complex feats of agility and dexterity, performing moves with speed and skill that would leave Olympic-level athletes green with envy.

Combat Intuition: Fortunately for Selma in the life she'd chosen/was thrust into, she is a natural-born fighter, capable of learning many hand-to-hand combat moves after seeing them performed (or having them performed on her) in a matter of minutes.

Soul Skills

Double Team: Life is unfair, and fights are more so. Selma knows this fact very well, so she developed a special technique that allowed her to make a magical duplicate of herself so that she could gain an advantage against an opponent. However, Selma can only create one duplicate, it has limited sentience, and only lasts a short amount of time.

Mind Skills

Sixth Sense: Selma has developed an empathic ability she states is her "sixth sense", which allows her to sense thr emotions of those around her, specifically those with malicious intent toward her or those she cares about.

History/Backstory: Born in one of the forgotten slums of Center A-11 where the dredges of society lived, Selma learned a basic truth early on in life: it was unfair. She got her first taste of that unfairness at 5 when her father was murdered for the money he had in his pockets. It was like a slap in the face to the young girl when her father left to go to work to provide for his family only to never return home because someone decided they wanted his money. And to make matters worse, it seemed that society didn't even care about the death of a good man, either out of apathy or derision of his low status was unknown.

With his death, Selma watched her mother become the sole breadwinner of the family. She watched as her mother fought tooth and nail against the apathetic world to provide for her family, which showed Selma that the world didn't care for you and if you wanted to survive, you had to fight. With this knowledge in her mind, Selma went into the uncaring world to do battle.

But as a small child, she found herself at a severe disadvantage against society and the world as a whole. So she did the only thing she could do at the moment: she ran, knowing she had to escape so that she could survive long enough to grow strong enough to not need to run. Unfortunately she couldn't always escape, and this resulted in beatings that left cuts and bruises on her body, as well as teaching her another lesson: the strong would prey upon the weak.

However, during one of those beatings, Selma was rescued by someone stronger than her tormentors. They told her something that Selma found to be the most important of lessons: That the strong prey upon the weak, but the strongest protect those weaker than them. So, with the lessons she learned, she began training to become strong enough to follow that lesson she learned. With each day she grew stronger, faster, and more cunning, working to make herself strong enough to protect those weaker than her.

But she didn't only train herself, she began gathering a group of friends (or what some would call underlings) to help her protect the weak from the society that couldn't care if they lived or died. Selma became well-respected by those who followed her or were protected by her and her 'gang', and feared by those who would threaten them. She was particularly fierce in protecting children and families. And when her mother passed away they kept her head above the waters of depression, becoming a second, surrogate family of brothers and sisters. And though life was a hard one, she was content with it.

Then one day, it all fell apart around her ears as... something happened to Center A-11, and she found herself in Center D-9, where she learned the Ruin had taken her home and left her unsure what happened to her makeshift family, not even knowing if they were safe or even alive.

Special:

- Fight Like a Dirty Bastard: Selma's combat skills weren't taught in a dojo or a gym. Instead they were taught by a lifetime of fighting to defend herself from those who wished to harm her. It is a hodgepodge of moves learned from watching (or receiving) moves from opponents and learning to replicate them herself before molding the various moves into an unorthodox, but effective, fighting style. But what makes her dangerous isn't the kicks, punches, grapples, or holds she's managed to pick up, but instead the fact that she can, and will, use every dirty trick she can. Groin shots, throwing sand or similar substances into the eyes, kidney punches, weapons, biting; nothing is off-limits to Selma, because she's fighting to survive and that means fighting as dirty as possible.

- Sewing: Like fighting, sewing is skill Selma intitially picked up out of neccesity instead of interest. She often found herself having to patch up clothes to ensure they were wearable longer than normal, Selma quickly found herself a skilled hand with a sewing needle. It also proved a relaxing hobby, something to do that let her take her mind off her troubles for a while. So she began sewing up homemade dolls to give the kids under her protection as something to play with.

Tunes:

Character Theme: One Punch Man OST - "Fighting Spirit" (Metal Bat Theme)
    Second Wind Theme: Mick Gordon (feat. Omega Sparx) - "Back to Rise" (TJ Combo Theme)
    Double Team Theme: "Legion of Doom Theme"
    I found this from 2008

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog
    Tamiko: In Brightest Day, In Darkest Night...

Rhia: No Evil Shall Escape Our Sight...

Natalie: Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might...

Selma: Beware Our Power...

All Four: YURI MIGHT!

Hunter: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Slight edit though thats more my fault then yours....the the starting posts I had the urban centers labeled wrong. A-11 is the main setting and I changed the city that fell to the ruin to A-9....mainly because it would be silly to move people from another continent.
    Hmmm... If you want a magic girl, I can change Selma from a brick fist to a magic girl who gets her power from a Axolotl-looking deity (or so she claims). That was one of my ideas and I have a picture for it. Besides, in this sea of brick fists it'd be a unique idea.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Retired Overlord

Hmmm... If you want a magic girl, I can change Selma from a brick fist to a magic girl who gets her power from a Axolotl-looking deity (or so she claims). That was one of my ideas and I have a picture for it. Besides, in this sea of brick fists it'd be a unique idea.
    I'll leave it to your desecration, don't wanna think I'm forcing you one way or the other.

Meh I am a magic man and proud of it. : Snaps fingers, metallic gloves light up with pyrotechnic flare.:

I'll leave it to your desecration, don't wanna think I'm forcing you one way or the other.
    Been working the idea, and the more I do the more I enjoy it. Mostly because it's going to be an 18-year old who is empowered by the blessing of a benevolent axolotl deity named Jormundandy who uses Sailor Moon's "Moon Tiara Action" by performing hand gestures to create a light tiara on her forehead which she then removes, causing it to turn into a glowing disc which is thrown at the opponent.

Basically a Magical Girl played straight in a Dystopian/Lovecraftian/Deconstructive Parody of Magical Girls.
    - C.S. Lewis

Been working the idea, and the more I do the more I enjoy it. Mostly because it's going to be an 18-year old who is empowered by the blessing of a benevolent axolotl deity named Jormundandy who uses Sailor Moon's "Moon Tiara Action" by performing hand gestures to create a light tiara on her forehead which she then removes, causing it to turn into a glowing disc which is thrown at the opponent.

Basically a Magical Girl played straight in a Dystopian/Lovecraftian/Deconstructive Parody of Magical Girls.
    Kayfabe. Truly the most important magic of them all.