Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Splitting Jagrati's stats and skills into their own post.

Stats
    Mundus level: 0

Body: 10
    Soul: 50
    Mind: 15

Skills

Physical
    1) Boosted Stamina - For an old lady, Jagrati can keep going for a long time. Many grandchildren have regretted the invitation to take their grammy on a walk and have found themselves being outstripped by the chuckling matriarch. She also doesn't seem to sleep much. She always says the rising of the sun lifts her spirit and she can go on.

Mental
    1) Empathy: - While she is considered to be a cunning and somewhat cruel old lady, Jagrati has quite the capacity for sensing the mood of others. She can't read thoughts or sniff out lies, no matter how she pretends she can, but she can tell how someone is feeling by perception.

Spiritual
    1) Spiritual Sensing: Jagrati has always had an aptitude for the spiritual, the product of a largely misspent youth. As such she has cultivated the ability to sense and perceive spiritual and magical energy entities that others cannot. Seeing of ghosts, detection of latent magical energy in objects, places or people. Jagrati sees further than most.

This is normally limited to her visual range but particularly powerful magics or invasive spells or effects will be "felt" even she does not see them.

2) Spirit Invocation: Jagrati is a talker and loves to chat. With Spirit Invocation, she can call upon spirits of the departed or other planes entirely that are local to the area to question and speak to. This requires her to perform a small ritual meditation that takes approximately five minutes to complete.

Once called, a spirit is bound to answer her questions, though not necessarily truthfully, until Jagrati dismisses it. Jagrati herself must also remain in the ritual so she cannot trap a spirit and leave. After being summoned a spirit is immune to the effects of the ritual until the following sunrise.

3) Third Eye of Perception: A spell that was a product of growing up in a big family and eventually having her own. So much to keep track of and grammy knowing everything is a fun trick to play on children. Jagrati can manifest a third eye, made of golden flame, on her forehead. This will allow her to remotely view and spy upon a person she has either met or has had described to her in great detail by someone close to them.

This can be used three times in a day and can last no longer than ten minutes per use. It has an one hour cooldown.

4) Whispering Rings: Jagrati likes to stay connected with people and she also loves jewelry. With this skill she can create up to five rings that have the following properties.

- Jagrati can sense the position of a ring relative to herself. This is only as specific as proximity and direction. Her maximum range of sensing is 3 miles, any further and she can no longer feel its presence.
    - She can scry on the location of a ring with her Third Eye of Perception skill without requiring any further description or a target person to focus on as she can lock onto the ring itself.
    - If the ring is worn by a person, they can communicate with Jagrati by whispering into it while wearing it. Jagrati can only hear the whispers of the wearer they choose to share, it cannot hear the ambient environment nor can it listen to the words of the wearer without their permission. Jagrati can speak herself and the wearer will hear her voice in their ear very quietly. She can communicate to all five rings in concert if need be but other ring wearers cannot hear each other.
    - Jagrati can dismiss an active ring at any time at will causing it to vanish with small metallic "ting" style noise. Once a ring has been dismissed it will be unavailable until the next sunrise.

5) Protection of the Wheel: By touching her hand on it and chanting for a moment, Jagrati can lay a protective ward on another person, another object or herself that will absorb physical or magical damage equal to her Soul stat before dispelling. This takes the form of a golden symbol that will appear on the target momentarily before fading away.

Jagrati can perform this skill three times per day with a ten minute cooldown. Only one ward can be laid on a person or object. The spell automatically dismisses after ten minutes so Jagrati can only ever one ward active at a time.

Also added an image that is still WIP but I think it does the job.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Melon: Sounds good, I will however make one suggestion....the OHOHO! ability seems like it may be a bit of trouble, I would try and shy away from potent stat boosting skills like that since it may make things a little unbalanced, especially later on.

Everything else is fine....may have to look into that backstory to see if there is some significance there lol
    Changed it so that it just empowers 1 skill

Sandy I have questions:

1. How is food produced? Is there some kind of farming?

2. Manufacturing - the wealthy need luxuries such as clothes, and so on. Are there factories that produce these items?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I might get some flak for saying this, but the Kinu Ohrai bio has me confused. Parts of it read like she's a stage performer, actress. Other parts like she's lived outside the City's walls. Other parts like she's a wrestler, which is kind of like being a performer.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-21-2020 at 06:45 AM.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I might get some flak for saying this, but the Kinu Ohrai bio has me confused. Parts of it read like she's a stage performer, actress. Other parts like she's lived outside the City's walls.
    If I'm reading right (possibly not likely at this moment due to morning grogginess), Kino did live outside the cities for a while after being betrayed(?) at the height of her career (as a professional fighter/wrestler), but came (was invited) back.

If it reads like she's a stage performer, it's because she is (or at least seems to be).
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    If I'm reading right (possibly not likely at this moment due to morning grogginess), Kino did live outside the cities for a while after being betrayed(?) at the height of her career (as a professional fighter/wrestler), but came (was invited) back.

If it reads like she's a stage performer, it's because she is (or at least seems to be).
    The Class is listed as Barbarian, but the bio does suggest Wrestler. That's what I'm getting from it.

I might get some flak for saying this, but the Kinu Ohrai bio has me confused. Parts of it read like she's a stage performer, actress. Other parts like she's lived outside the City's walls. Other parts like she's a wrestler, which is kind of like being a performer.
    I don't see how those things are mutually exclusive?

What are you confused by?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't see how those things are mutually exclusive?

What are you confused by?
    The Class is listed as Barbarian, but the bio does suggest Wrestler. That's what I'm getting from it.
    I think it's the Class designation. The bio mostly shouts out Wrestler, but the Class says Barbarian and the bio includes references to living outside the walls. From what Sandy has said, and I'd have to check this with him to see if I got it right, no one lives outside except maybe for a few hermits. Going outside the walls is usually considered illegal, though that's Sandy's call to make.

Anyway, I think I got some of the clarification I was looking for.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-21-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I think it's the Class designation. The bio mostly shouts out Wrestler, but the Class says Barbarian and the bio includes references to living outside the walls. From what Sandy has said, and I'd have to check this with him to see if I got it right, no one lives outside except maybe for a few hermits. Going outside the walls is usually considered illegal, though that's Sandy's call to make.
    Where there's rules, there's strings that can be pulled to get around them (if you or the person pulling for you knows how). I just assumed there were some string pulling going on behind the scenes in her case.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Anyway, I think I got some of the clarification I was looking for.
    Class designation on the sheet is an optional slot to indicate to other players how the character is going to function in-game. In the fiction of the world, Kinu is a wrestler but in terms of gameplay mechanics she functions like a Barbarian a la D&D, high damage dealing melee character who is on the front lines of the party.

Jagrati has Shaman/Druid listed as her class but she is actually neither of those things. The indication is that she's a support character who focuses on working with spirits and the environment for her abilities.

Also, as Noldere notes, it's not outside the realms of possibility for someone to go or even be from outside the walls. I've written that Jagrati has been out there once in her life as well because it's the kind of thing she'd do just to see if she could even though the blasted wasteland holds very little for her.

That's fine. Jagrati, I can see the Shaman/Druid in her character design. Same with other characters, Fan Xia and Selma as Fighters, Owen as Detective as examples. I just didn't make the connection in Kinu Ohrai's case. When I think of female Barbarian, I think of Red Sonja, not Ronda Rousey.

Now Football Players, they can be very Barbaric at times.

Still looking over the other Bios.

Retired Overlord

Sandy I have questions:

1. How is food produced? Is there some kind of farming?

2. Manufacturing - the wealthy need luxuries such as clothes, and so on. Are there factories that produce these items?
    City has food production, farms and the like tended to with a mix of magic and automation. Same for Manufacturing. Food it rationed out to the slums at the bare minimum, unless you have the means to afford more....which most slum residents don't.

That's fine. Jagrati, I can see the Shaman/Druid in her character design. Same with other characters, Fan Xia and Selma as Fighters, Owen as Detective as examples. I just didn't make the connection in Kinu Ohrai's case. When I think of female Barbarian, I think of Red Sonja, not Ronda Rousey.

The wrestling can be barbaric too. Instead of whacking a monster with a sword for one to instead house then over one's shoulder and German duplex their head into the ground? I'd even wager GRAPPLING enemies is more barbaric than fighting with a weapon.

As far as the wrestling goes, consider that in this universe like many others (fighting games, some anime, wrestling itself) that the wrestling isn't just performance art but actual legit shoot fighting with colorful characters.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 06-21-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    A little bit of the latter, but the city won't be the sole point of interest for the rp. There are wilds, badlands and nature beyond the walls.....and the ruin of past human civilization. But its strictly forbidden for humans to go out there by the Authority, as they heavily imply that it will bring the ruin closer to more people who dwell outside....so unless you have a hidden way in and out of a city, the only people you'll find outside the cities are hermits who hid away or rebels to the Authority.
    That's cool, thanks!

Hmm...sid you have a specific kind of aesthetic and layout plan for A-11 that is yet to come? How flexible is the setting at large for locales in character-specific backgrounds?

It seems to be that, by design, we're meant to be kind of a melting pot at the start point, is that correct?

You may have to use your imagination, but I can neither confirm nor deny.