Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    That’s due to the fact Storm threads lead to flame wars as Storm fans jack **** up too much.

And yeah, WW needs handicaps on to make this remotely fair.
    I thought that was just RLAAMJR … or were there others? once he/she got banned Storm rumble threads didn't seem quite as insane.

at least we still have that insane 22-page tribute thread "is Celine Dion the greatest Canadian in the history of the world?" to look back on! ;-)

That’s due to the fact Storm threads lead to flame wars as Storm fans jack **** up too much.

And yeah, WW needs handicaps on to make this remotely fair.
    I actually haven't seen ANY Storm fans on this board and certainly not flame wars. Maybe on other battle boards but not here.

Storm's output could affect and maybe kill Wonder Woman if she really piles it on, but she's just not physically capable of hanging with Wonder Woman. maybe as they expand on her godhood she'll get a physical bump or some kind of way to compensate but until she can bridge that gap it her skillset is rendered moot in most encounters. I personally think that Storm will get there eventually and definitely so if she gets a solo that leans into her godhood. her powers have been steadily growing since the godhood, Coates gave her some trippy cosmic awareness throught micro-weather systems or something; it was pretty interesting to me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I actually haven't seen ANY Storm fans on this board and certainly not flame wars. Maybe on other battle boards but not here.
    It did happen, just a while back.

Really? We have a permanent stickied thread at the top of the page detailing Storm stuff because of how bad it got.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Really? We have a permanent stickied thread at the top of the page detailing Storm stuff because of how bad it got.
    We don't talk about the Great (Amusing) Disaster. We simply remember.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

It did happen, just a while back.
    Without doing an exhaustive search, I think it was around 2017-18. Before the pinned ruling on Storm, of course, and probably sometime after this thread which failed to summon the Cult of Storm:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ook-with-a-Gun

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I must have selectively forgotten the incidents then.

I dont blame you
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Mighty Member

I saw hints of the inevitable build up to that moment... but real life caused me to miss that "let this be our final battle" moment.

you'd see strange arguments like... movie Storm could defeat movie Iron Man because she used wind to destroy some airplanes that were chasing the X-Men in X2.

I'm sure other crazy arguments got used too.... but I most vividly remember that one because I've been reading about aircraft for about 30 years. Iron Man flies w/o reference to having a workable lift coefficient. the main reason is that one of the requirements is "wing area"... something that Tony simply doesn't have!

oh, and of course, they pointed out that in real life wind can be seen lifting up and moving 40-foot export containers. since 40 foot containers (and those fighters she disabled in the X-Men movies) weigh more than Iron Man that means that her hurricane strength winds are strong enough to defeat Iron Man! that's because he doesn't weight as much as an empty export container, right? she's still going to beat him using wind even if he could fly over 1000 mph and had ranged attacks Storm had absolutely no counter for.

Iron Man isn't covered in huge lifting surfaces like an empty 40-foot container. unlike those containers he's also not hollow!

hurricanes and tornados can pick those things up and send them flying because they effectively become 10,000 pound wind socks under the right circumstances. that doesn't mean that the same result would take place if Storm tried using hurricane level winds to take out somebody like Starscream or MCU Iron Man. it's also an indicator of the strength of those winds and the lifting properties inherent to the object being moved by those forces. you wouldn't get the same result if those same winds were being used to influence a missile flying at 3000 mph, or an artillery shell flying at supersonic speeds.

the argument was either made in ignorance, or was defiantly ignoring basic things about aerodynamics.

even at the age of 12 I had read enough books on the basic mechanics of flight that I could see this argument was invalid. Iron Man's terrible lift coefficient and complete lack of lift-generating surfaces meant that invoking Storm defeating fighters with tornados was an invalid means of defeating Tony. those fighters were covered in lift surfaces... Tony is just a metal guy who can fly because of his insane power-to-weight ratio and rockets in his feet and hands. it would be almost as ridiculous as comparing a hot-air-balloon to a rock. one of these things was DESIGNED to fly and be influenced by the wind... and the other one was not.

although I'm sure that there were other WTF arguments in favor of Storm defeating an adversary... that was by far the craziest argument I had seen. geez, it's probably been over three or four years and I can still remember that one.

Hey, I saw someone compare Storm’s power ‘when she’s written properly’ as being comparable with Galactus. Or possibly the Phoenix Force. I forget. But it was either Galactus or Galactus-tier.

At that point I think I stated my case and walked away. Because you can’t reason with that.

I’d warned about the coming of the Stormophiles for years. But when they really came... it... it wasn’t good. Dark days indeed.

Astonishing Member

...How is it that the lady that can control weather *wasn't* Omega level until recently?

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    ...How is it that the lady that can control weather *wasn't* Omega level until recently?
    Cuz she can still be shot in the back of the head by anyone with the drop on her.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Cuz she can still be shot in the back of the head by anyone with the drop on her.
    To be fair, so could Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    To be fair, so could Franklin.
    Can't he retroactively mess with that?

If not, then lol.

Arx Inosaan