Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I agree that Dani would be a fantastic option, but I remember that Magneto, Storm and Xavier also lost their powers for quite some time.
    Not the same. Dani is unique bc she lost her powers in deciMation at a time when over 90% of mutantkind lost their powers and many of them are or will be citizens. Storm doesnt properly represent them as someone that lost her powers by Forge's gun

Magneto lost his powers in M-day but that was very shortlived and barely got to feel what it was like to be a depowered mutant in the world. Compare this to Dani, who lost her powers and remained like that for years. I dont think Magneto nor Storm share her perspective as they are both far removed from what life is like for the Scarlet Witch's victims. Dani didnt have the same privilege that Mags got by reversing it within a matter of weeks.
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-04-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Dani could also be the voice of the younger mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Dani could also be the voice of the younger mutants.
    Kitty was the youngest wasn't she?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Kitty was the youngest wasn't she?
    Yes. Kurt is next youngest.

That is a really good point. She would be able to speak for the depowered mutants.

I hadn't thought about Dani, and most of the stuff I've said about cannonball would apply to her as well.

Oooh... I like the idea of Cannonball. Way too many of the council are bourgeois or close to it.

Apocalypse, Sinister, Exodus, Magneto, Emma Frost, Raven Darkholme, Charles Xavier, Ororo Munroe, all of them are used to seeing the world from a position where they have almost anything they want.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Oooh... I like the idea of Cannonball. Way too many of the council are bourgeois or close to it.

Apocalypse, Sinister, Exodus, Magneto, Emma Frost, Raven Darkholme, Charles Xavier, Ororo Munroe, all of them are used to seeing the world from a position where they have almost anything they want.
    Yeah, both Sam and Dani fit there, for that reason.

Lots of others like Warren, Betsy, Monet, Sean, etc. tend to come from the upper-crust (or 'new money' for people like 'Berto and Bling!).

Still, Jean's pretty middle-class-y, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, both Sam and Dani fit there, for that reason.

Lots of others like Warren, Betsy, Monet, Sean, etc. tend to come from the upper-crust (or 'new money' for people like 'Berto and Bling!).

Still, Jean's pretty middle-class-y, at least.
    Jean I think she's supposed to be upper-middle class. Not wealthy but from a family with more money than Beast or Iceman, for example. Nightcrawler is the one with the most humble origins. Some also had hard childhoods (Apocalypse, for example) but rose to positions of power a very long time ago. Dani would be a good option, yes.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Jean I think she's supposed to be upper-middle class. Not wealthy but from a family with more money than Beast or Iceman, for example. Nightcrawler is the one with the most humble origins. Some also had hard childhoods (Apocalypse, for example) but rose to positions of power a very long time ago. Dani would be a good option, yes.
    Doesn’t get much more humble than a caravan.
    But Kurt has also been protected, by the circus then by Charles, I think of him as like a top para-olympian; his experiences are not typical for someone with that degree of mutation, the way an olympic para-wheelchair racer isn’t typical of the average wheelchair user

I know it’s not super-heroics, but I would love to get into the politics of mutants and I do think the current makeup of the Council is deeply problematic.
    I want the younger mutants, the less fortunate, less beautiful mutants, to have a voice.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Jean’s father was a tenured Professor. And even her ancestor was a member of the Hellfire Club.