Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Her husband Caliban.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Most of the characters there seem fit for it actually
    Well, if you think that treacherous, self-serving, genocidal supervillans are a good fit to rule a nation...

If it was up to me the Council would've consisted of Xavier, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Emma, Polaris, Angel, Sunspot, Paylocke, Beast and Moira. Apocalypse gets a life imprisonment inside Krakoa for his crimes against humanity and mutantity (ditto for Selene and some others). Sinister is a fake mutant so he shouldn't be even allowed on Krakoa. As for Magneto and the rest...I'd have them do labor work.

They need someone out of the ordinary...

Tad Carter

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Everyday...every time I read an X-book...I thank ALL the Goddesses and Gods HiX-Man is in charge of these stories.
    I shudder to think who we might have gotten and what they might have written, instead.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Well, if you think that treacherous, self-serving, genocidal supervillans are a good fit to rule a nation...

If it was up to me the Council would've consisted of Xavier, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Emma, Polaris, Angel, Sunspot, Paylocke, Beast and Moira. Apocalypse gets a life imprisonment inside Krakoa for his crimes against humanity and mutantity (ditto for Selene and some others). Sinister is a fake mutant so he shouldn't be even allowed on Krakoa. As for Magneto and the rest...I'd have them do labor work.
    but they aren't running the nation. Thats why there is a council of 12/14 individuals so no one person has that power. The breakdown makes sense for what they represent:

Autumn represents 3 of the biggest traditional leads of mutant society with varying philosophies

Winter repesents the morally ambigious and criminal aspects of mutant society

Spring represents the econmic and political interests of mutant society that is able to leverage the HTC for that

Fall repesents the more empathetic, level headed members of mutant society that have been beacons of hope

These are 4 diverse aspects of Krakoa society that should have a voice and be represented. It would not make sense to have the council be just the mutants you mention bc many are redundant and are not a good representation of everyone. I do think al the members that Hickman chose do bring a unique perspective to the table and yes that includes Mystique, Apocalypse and Magneto

It should also be noted that there are no supervillians or criminals on Krakoa. For this nation to work, past transgressions from before its formation done on other countries is absolved and everyone has started with a clean slate. What they do not going forward will determine their status. Like Xavier wasnt going to invite everyone to the nation, only to imprison and enslave them. That would make him. villian

Then they would never come to your authoritarian dystopia, and neither would most of the rest of mutantkind. Can you really see the Morlocks and others agreeing to live under a government that's basically just the X-Men lecturing people on wholesome living while setting up chaingangs for villains? If the goal is to unite mutants as a nation, you failed.

These are 4 diverse aspects of Krakoa society that should have a voice and be represented. It would not make sense to have the council be just the mutants you mention bc many are redundant and are not a good representation of everyone. I do think al the members that Hickman chose do bring a unique perspective to the table and yes that includes Mystique, Apocalypse and Magneto
    Why should criminals be represented? Are they some poor opressed minority?

For this nation to work
    At no point do they explain why the likes of Apocalypse, Sinister and Mystique are necessary for Krakoa to work.

That would make him. villian
    Lol wut? Imprisoning a genocidal maniac would make him a villain while harboring villains wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Then they would never come to your authoritarian dystopia
    What a horrible dystopia...Punishing people for committing crimes that could get you executed in some countries.

Can you really see the Morlocks and others agreeing to live under a government that's basically just the X-Men lecturing people on wholesome living while setting up chaingangs for villains?
    I'm sure Morlocks are very excited about having Sinister in the government...
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 07-01-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Why should criminals be represented? Are they some poor opressed minority?
    They arent criminals on Krakoa

At no point do they explain why the likes of Apocalypse, Sinister and Mystique are necessary for Krakoa to work.
    Sinister is quite obvious and that was explained in Powers of X. His DNA catalogue is key to the resurrection protocols. They would not be able to clone and bring everyone back without him. He's arguably the most important person on the Council that Xavier has recruited in that regard

Apocalypse has been around for several milenia. He has a perspective, experience and knowledge that none of them have. Plus he is one of the three most prominent leaders when it comes to mutantkind. To cut him out would not have been a good idea. The concept of Krakoa alligns with his own ideologies so he has little reason to oppose it right now. Its an alliance that works for all parties

Mystique, I believe its to placate and keep her in line. Xavier is playing with fire as he's already lying and manipulating her but keeping her close allows him to keep an eye on her

Lol wut? Imprisoning a genocidal maniac would make him a villain while harboring villains wouldn't?
    Again they arent villians. Luring people to your island under false pretenses and enslaving them is a villianous act

Sinister is quite obvious and that was explained in Powers of X. His DNA catalogue is key to the resurrection protocols. They would not be able to clone and bring everyone back without him. He's arguably the most important person on the Council that Xavier has recruited in that regard
    It doesn't justify him being on the government

Apocalypse has been around for several milenia. He has a perspective, experience and knowledge that none of them have
    Very few have as much experience in killing and enslaving people, I'll give you that.

Mystique, I believe its to placate and keep her in line. Xavier is playing with fire as he's already lying and manipulating her but keeping her close allows him to keep an eye on her
    He's sure doing a good job at that.

Luring people to your island under false pretenses and enslaving them is a villianous act
    Who said anything about enslaving? They're getting punished for their crimes, just like they would in most civilised countries. A true villainy is blackmailing someone into doing a dirty work for you, exactly what Xavier is doing to Mystique right now. Not to mention other questionable stuff.

Anyway, I think we strayed off topic. The thread is about who should take Kitty's place on the Council, not the discussion of the Council itself.

It doesn't justify him being on the government
    Its leverage. Give him a seat at the table or they dont get access to the catalog. Sinister wasnt giving that up for free/

Very few have as much experience in killing and enslaving people, I'll give you that.
    Exactly and he's seen his people killed and enslaved across multiple eras. Since they are looking towards the future, its helpful to have the perspective of the past as it can inform what not to do

He's sure doing a good job at that.
    Agreed

Who said anything about enslaving? They're getting punished for their crimes, just like they would in most civilised countries. A true villainy is blackmailing someone into doing a dirty work for you, exactly what Xavier is doing to Mystique right now. Not to mention other questionable stuff.

Anyway, I think we strayed off topic. The thread is about who should take Kitty's place on the Council, not the discussion of the Council itself.
    You did. Thats what apprehending and forcing them to do labor on Krakoa is

Extraordinary Member

We all know it’s going to be Jumbo Carnation.

But seriously, why not Callisto?

She’s worked with Emma. Obviously with Storm. She represents third group of mutants that aren’t X-men nor “evil mutants against humanity”
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-01-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We all know it’s going to be Jumbo Carnation.

But seriously, why not Callisto?

She’s worked with Emma. Obviously with Storm. She represents third group of mutants that aren’t X-men nor “evil mutants against humanity”
    I'd like Callisto. I'd still vote for Monet or Sunspot if I'd have the right to vote for the new Councilman.

I'm starting to think Mr. Sensitive would be a good option.

Everyone knows that Sinister should not be on the Council but if you take stock of the options you get that =

Being able to resurrect millions of dead mutants > Not giving Sinister a seat to be sassy with others and making fun of Exodus.

Seriously, Tad Carter should be there as representative of The Promise.