Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Everyone knows that Sinister should not be on the Council but if you take stock of the options you get that =

Being able to resurrect millions of dead mutants > Not giving Sinister a seat to be sassy with others and making fun of Exodus.
    Sinister's not a safe hand in government by any means, but while on Krakoa he hasn't been able to get up to one tenth of his usual bullshit. Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Sinister's not a safe hand in government by any means, but while on Krakoa he hasn't been able to get up to one tenth of his usual bullshit. Yet.
    Of course he is going to do something, he is already planning to make chimeras with omegas.

Magneto and Xavier believe they are smart enough to use Sinister and not the other way around. As we already know, Magneto and Xavier think they are smarter than they normally are.

Captain Britain for Other World, Namorita for Atlantis or Selene for just being evil.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    That applies to half of the Quiet Council, and the fact they haven't done anything off the books (yet) isn't a guarantee they ever will. They're all time bombs waiting to go off, and even when they do they'll stay there - see Xavier not throwing Apocalypse to the wolves after what he did in Excalibur. That precedent gives Sinister lots of space to be evil and get away with it.

I think Cannonball could be a great choice for the Council. He represents a younger ideology, has served as a teamleader on many occasions, and has been taught by Magneto and Xavier both (and Cable).

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think Cannonball could be a great choice for the Council. He represents a younger ideology, has served as a teamleader on many occasions, and has been taught by Magneto and Xavier both (and Cable).
    He doesnt live on Krakoa bc he has a wife and family in another galaxy. I dont think he's too active on Krakoa to serve in such a high government position. If you wanted someone to fill that younger ideology role, Dani would be a perfect fit as she also was mentored by Magneto and Xavier,

I think both Sunspot and Dani would be excellent options. But Sunspot is enjoying space adventures so, Dani.

Extraordinary Member

Watch it end up being Glob Herman.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Watch it end up being Glob Herman.
    Brisson doesnt write any books of signficance

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think both Sunspot and Dani would be excellent options. But Sunspot is enjoying space adventures so, Dani.
    While I love me some 'Berto, he's not all that serious, and I think Dani would be a better choice. She also has a fairly unique perspective as someone who has spent a fair amount of time as an 'ex-mutant', getting by without her powers, and would give a voice on the council for the potentially millions of other 'ex-mutants' (or 'ex-ex-mutants' who were depowered, but have since been repowered, and are going through that life-adjustment all over again) out there, who are currently voice-less.

Karma would be another one I'd consider for a leadership role, but, as of yet, hasn't really gotten a chance to shine.

(Pretty much any of the original five New Mutants seem like they'd be better choices than Ilyanna, IMO, whose only real leadership chops appear to be 'artists like to draw her with her big sword and tiny outfit').

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While I love me some 'Berto, he's not all that serious, and I think Dani would be a better choice. She also has a fairly unique perspective as someone who has spent a fair amount of time as an 'ex-mutant', getting by without her powers, and would give a voice on the council for the potentially millions of other 'ex-mutants' (or 'ex-ex-mutants' who were depowered, but have since been repowered, and are going through that life-adjustment all over again) out there, who are currently voice-less.

Karma would be another one I'd consider for a leadership role, but, as of yet, hasn't really gotten a chance to shine.

(Pretty much any of the original five New Mutants seem like they'd be better choices than Ilyanna, IMO, whose only real leadership chops appear to be 'artists like to draw her with her big sword and tiny outfit').
    I didnt even consider her status as a former depowered mutant. Yeah she has the potential to be the voice of them

Astonishing Member

Roberto lead two groups the Avengers, and outwitted geniuses like the Maker and cosmic gods.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Roberto lead two groups the Avengers, and outwitted geniuses like the Maker and cosmic gods.
    That Roberto, while hyper-competent and cool, is not the flightier and more whimsical Roberto we've seen more recently in New Mutants. I like both interpretations (and wouldn't mind a more consistent fun, yet still competent, version closer to the middle of those two more extreme interpretations), but don't feel like the present interpretation would be quite as well-suited to a leadership role as Dani or Karma or, perhaps, Sam.

Astonishing Member

That Roberto, while hyper-competent and cool, is not the flightier and more whimsical Roberto we've seen more recently in New Mutants. I like both interpretations (and wouldn't mind a more consistent fun, yet still competent, version closer to the middle of those two more extreme interpretations), but don't feel like the present interpretation would be quite as well-suited to a leadership role as Dani or Karma or, perhaps, Sam.
    Ewing's Roberto was based on Hickman's own from the Avengers, Roberto took over AIM with Hickman. There's no reason he can't go back to that characterisation other then Hickman choosing to. Him being on the Quiet Council would be a natural evolution of his experiences, rather than backsliding into being a follower. Sam would be great but I'm not sure he'd do it after the Crucible, however, I'd like to see him clashing with the Council.

I agree that Dani would be a fantastic option, but I remember that Magneto, Storm and Xavier also lost their powers for quite some time.