Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    How about Selene?
    that was my choice earlier

Candra, the better Selene with the entire Assassins' and Thieves' Guilds at her disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine, the one that lied to the Avengers and instigated a war with the X-men? Yeah, thats not a good role for him. Storm would be better suited for something like this. Or Jean.
    Well, regardless of those events, his longstanding relationships with virtually all of the Marvel Universe metahuman community combined with his membership on virtually every team in existence, as well as his frequent guest-starring role in various titles, all serve to make him the de facto liaison to this community anyway. Whether formalized or not, he basically already is. So I’m cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Candra, the better Selene with the entire Assassins' and Thieves' Guilds at her disposal.
    She doesn't even have to change the wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, regardless of those events, his longstanding relationships with virtually all of the Marvel Universe metahuman community combined with his membership on virtually every team in existence, as well as his frequent guest-starring role in various titles, all serve to make him the de facto liaison to this community anyway. Whether formalized or not, he basically already is. So I’m cool with that.
    I still think Storm or Jean would be better. Storm has also served on multiple teams and she is very well respected in the superhero community.

Jean is a natural diplomat. We saw her easily get the support of Atlantis and Wakanda in Red as well as the Avengers. She is good at bringing people together and being inspiring.

Logan may have alot of connections but he's not the best talker, is rough and is more apt to heighten tension as oppose to mediate it, which is the opposite of whats needed when it comes to being a liason to groups that may not necesarily have the same interests as you. I dont think Krakoa would get far with him as a forward facing voice representing them to outside superhero teams
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-24-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Fair. But it is what it is, and Logan is the man. He will continue to be out there in the broader Marvel U more so than any other X-man. There may be folks that some feel are better suited to the role, but by default he’s that guy. I’m cool with that. Hell, I’ll drink to that! Ha.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 06-24-2020 at 09:55 AM.

BANNED

I vote for Feral. She'll be another wild card and Emma will hate her shedding on her. We can finally find out if she was resurrected on Krakoa or by those cat gods from PADs X-Factor run. She can also flirt with Kurt across the table.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I like Selene and would like to see her get some focus, but for the QC I think there are already plenty of morally dubious or ambiguous members. Kate was pretty solidly morally good, and a sure vote along with the other good/Summer seats, so that's something that should be taken into consideration for a balanced QC. Of the characters suggested so far, I think Sunspot would work best, although I feel like he might get bored with it eventually.

Something I might have missed: There are twelve council members, so what happens in the event of a tie vote? Does Cypher/Krakoa act as a tiebreak? Do they involve the Captains?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like Selene and would like to see her get some focus, but for the QC I think there are already plenty of morally dubious or ambiguous members. Kate was pretty solidly morally good, and a sure vote along with the other good/Summer seats, so that's something that should be taken into consideration for a balanced QC. Of the characters suggested so far, I think Sunspot would work best, although I feel like he might get bored with it eventually.

Something I might have missed: There are twelve council members, so what happens in the event of a tie vote? Does Cypher/Krakoa act as a tiebreak? Do they involve the Captains?
    The Council actually has 14 members as Cypher and Krakoa are also a part of the council. They would have a say though that creates the same problem of having an even number of votes

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The Council actually has 14 members as Cypher and Krakoa are also a part of the council. They would have a say though that creates the same problem of having an even number of votes
    I think Cypher and Krakoa do not have a vote, at least I am sure that Cypher does not (he is only there to translate Krakoa).

I think Krakoa does not vote but it has a veto power or something like that. If you notice in the vote about Sabretooth they don't vote.

Rogue.

She will perfect in red.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Whomever is chosen they will basically have to be someone Emma trusts to have the best interest of Krakoa and its Mutants at the top of their priority list. Someone who can challenge Emma and stand up to her if needs be. Someone she would respect even if there's disagreement.

Banshee.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Whomever is chosen they will basically have to be someone Emma trusts to have the best interest of Krakoa and its Mutants at the top of their priority list. Someone who can challenge Emma and stand up to her if needs be. Someone she would respect even if there's disagreement.

Banshee.
    Who also has a history with Moira, which might be a source of future drama if the Council starts approving things Moira doesn’t agree with.

I wonder if Moira ever really loved Banshee. When you've lived for like 900 or so years, someone you've been with for like 5 probably doesnt feel like a significant part of one's life span. He was pretty much kept at a distance in the lat couple of years anyway being that he was over in the US tending to Gen X while she went full in on her Legacy Virus research

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's probably because she would know this could be her last life that's why her love for him would be true...even more so, perhaps.
    But yes...I can see why her love for him might not be as meaningful as his was for her.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!