Default Rose the Hat vs Colin Robinson

Psychic vampire Rose the Hat who feeds off of Shiners takes on the energy vampire Colin Robinson from What We Do in the Shadows.

Who can drain the other of their life force more effectively?

Astonishing Member

I'm glad to see Rose is remembered.

What can Colin do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I'm glad to see Rose is remembered.

What can Colin do?
    He's a psychic energy vampire. Drains people of their life force.

Background and feats for Colin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_xSilxHFns

As of season 2, he's become even more powerful:
    Last edited by Sophicles; 06-18-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Iirc Rose is pretty easily distracted. I see Collin Robinson listing facts about haberdashery and by the time Rose realizes what he’s doing it’s too late

Colin-"the mathematics behind inducing an altercation between persons from alternate universes such as ourselves is actually quite fascinating. Y'know, the first recorded attempt at such an altercation in the form of public media occurred in 1943 in "Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman" produced by Universal Studios. Did you know that Universal Studios was formerly known as Universal Film Manufacturing Company? The story behind the name change is really quite fascinating. You see, Carl Laemmie immigrated in 1884 and...." and on and on and on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    As of season 2, he's become even more powerful:
    That's a temporary power up though, and he he needed to become manager of an entire office of people to annoy to be able to reach that level.

I've only seen the movie but didn't Rose get punked by a kid with no real experience in mental combat?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I've only seen the movie but didn't Rose get punked by a kid with no real experience in mental combat?
    While Abra got a number of good strikes on her, they were pretty much all with the advantage of surprise. Once Rose got her bearings she was able to fight off Danny and Abra.

Astonishing Member

That was a surprise, in raw potential power Abra was said then to be thus too dangerous to join the Knot, since Rose hadn't been punked like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    While Abra got a number of good strikes on her, they were pretty much all with the advantage of surprise. Once Rose got her bearings she was able to fight off Danny and Abra.
    And if talking about the last time we saw Rose, when she was high on full Shining vapor canisters, Abra was always helped there by Danny, who was said to be an exceptional Shiner, even in troubled adulthood.

I haven't watched Colin's feats yet, so no opinion on outcome.

Astonishing Member

That kid was a prodigy on a scale which intimidated centuries old Shiners, no shame in losing there.

That was a surprise, in raw potential power Abra was said then to be thus too dangerous to join the Knot, since Rose hadn't been punked like that before.

And if talking about the last time we saw Rose, when she was high on full Shining vapor canisters, Abra was always helped there by Danny, who was said to be an exceptional Shiner, even in troubled adulthood.

I haven't watched Colin's feats yet, so no opinion on outcome.
    You must watch it, if not to judge this fight, then at the very least to have a very, very good time (ironically).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    You must watch it, if not to judge this fight, then at the very least to have a very, very good time (ironically).
    Yeah I'd already thought WWDITS seemed up my alley, I'm so behind on stuff.

In the book, it didn't matter how hopped up on Shining vapor Rose was. Abra at full power was just next level.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    In the book, it didn't matter how hopped up on Shining vapor Rose was. Abra at full power was just next level.
    I admit I've only watched the Doctor Sleep movie as well. In my experience you never know what live King adaptations are missing from the source material.

But, I assumed (for the purpose of this fight, where Abra is not involved) that if not empowered outright, Rose being brought back to tip top physical shape and prepared for a fight, to the point Danny and Abra decided bringing back the Overlook Hotel against her was their last resort (Evil vs Evil, Freddy vs Jason style) would have been relevant/faithful enough. Since I thought Abra's ultimate potential was like Firestarter's Charlie, more glimpsed than actually seen.

But do tell if Rose's last fight was wildly different in the novel.

I admit I've only watched the Doctor Sleep movie as well. In my experience you never know what live King adaptations are missing from the source material.

But, I assumed (for the purpose of this fight, where Abra is not involved) that if not empowered outright, Rose being brought back to tip top physical shape and prepared for a fight, to the point Danny and Abra decided bringing back the Overlook Hotel against her was their last resort (Evil vs Evil, Freddy vs Jason style) would have been relevant/faithful enough. Since I thought Abra's ultimate potential was like Firestarter's Charlie, more glimpsed than actually seen.

But do tell if Rose's last fight was wildly different in the novel.
    In the book, the ghost was used against one of the other steamers, not on Rose. Against her it was Abra, who was using Danny's body while she was in another state. Danny helped as well but his Shining couldn't do much against Rose. Abra pretty much owned her.