Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Default Injustice: Gods Among Us - Free On All Platforms Until June 25th

https://twitter.com/wbgames/status/1273963749607723008

Be a hero while playing with friends and family. Injustice: Gods Among Us is available for free now on
    @Xbox, @PlayStation, and PC until June 25! #playathome #playtogether
    Just in case dropping this here for everyone to see. I know that majority of us don't like Injustass for obvious reasons, but at least Gods Among Us has good version of the character as alternative and he is the one who defeates evil version at the end of the story instead of somebody else. Plus it has Henry Cavill as a skin for Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    https://twitter.com/wbgames/status/1273963749607723008

Just in case dropping this here for everyone to see. I know that majority of us don't like Injustass for obvious reasons, but at least Gods Among Us has good version of the character as alternative and he is the one who defeates evil version at the end of the story instead of somebody else. Plus it has Henry Cavill as a skin for Superman.
    I really don't get the hate for this game what with it being an alternate reality type story.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    I really don't get the hate for this game what with it being an alternate reality type story.
    It's probably the fact that, despite being an AU, people seem to jump on it as a legitimate and "popular" depiction of Superman despite how OOC Injustice Supes is.

It's an unoriginal take that feels largely based on similar stories that came prior, but is just a lot worse. IMO, of course.

First game is decent if annoying they wasted the premise on a laundry list of overused modern DC story cliches (thought they were at least smart enough to have the evil counterparts get beaten by their good counterparts rather than just Batman steamroll through them) but for me the true dregs of the Injustice franchise are the comic series and Injustice 2.
    Last edited by Gaius; 06-21-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's probably the fact that, despite being an AU, people seem to jump on it as a legitimate and "popular" depiction of Superman despite how OOC Injustice Supes is.
    I'd be worried about that if not for the fact that this is far from the only adaptation starring Superman in existence and the company has been more than clear that this version is nothing like the mainstream version. And I'm someone who has a lot of issues with Injustice's story.

If there are people who come away thinking this is what Superman is really like they are a minority.

Forgot to add this point, but if Women in Refrigerators (TM) generally disturbs you, then Injustice is probably going to tick you off. I believe one of the inspiration stories for Injustice is the DCAU episode "Brave New Metropolis," and I find the WiR in Injustice to be a lot more egregious.

There’s that but for me there’s three big reasons in addition:
    1. It’s the embodiment of all the Batman Vs. Superman tropes I hate. Batman is the noble hero who can do no wrong, is contsgantly portrayed as “badass” and capable, while Superman is an idiot who is so dumb Joker brags about how easy it was to trick him. Lois is fridged so Supes goes evil for the purpose of making Batman look good. WW is a psychopath who loves fascism and Supercock. Harley is one of the biggest mass murderers in human history and receives no punishment whatsoever because she’s “lol so randumb XD” It’s just all the tropes I hate in one game
    2. It’s his only video game appearance. If the WBM Superman game is real I won’t care as much, but until it’s decided Injustice is all he gets and it sucks and I hate it
    3. It started a trend of Superman going evil across multiple media. Snyder’s “kino” revolves around Superman going evil because Lois died, Taylor wrote more evil Superman in Earth 2 and DCeased, there’s a reason it was one of his only three stories and that irritated me

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    1. It’s the embodiment of all the Batman Vs. Superman tropes I hate. Batman is the noble hero who can do no wrong, is contsgantly portrayed as “badass” and capable, while Superman is an idiot who is so dumb Joker brags about how easy it was to trick him. Lois is fridged so Supes goes evil for the purpose of making Batman look good. WW is a psychopath who loves fascism and Supercock. Harley is one of the biggest mass murderers in human history and receives no punishment whatsoever because she’s “lol so randumb XD” It’s just all the tropes I hate in one game
    2. It’s his only video game appearance. If the WBM Superman game is real I won’t care as much, but until it’s decided Injustice is all he gets and it sucks and I hate it
    3. It started a trend of Superman going evil across multiple media. Snyder’s “kino” revolves around Superman going evil because Lois died, Taylor wrote more evil Superman in Earth 2 and DCeased, there’s a reason it was one of his only three stories and that irritated me
    Well...maybe his most popular video game appearance but there was that infamous N64 game, the DCAU Superman game, Returns, and his appearance in Justice League Heroes.

Well...maybe his most popular video game appearance but there was that infamous N64 game, the DCAU Superman game, Returns, and his appearance in Justice League Heroes.
    Only modern AAA game appearance I meant.

Yeah, Injustice is to me what the New 52 or the DCEU under Synder is to others.

Even throw in the terrible redesigned costumes everyone sports.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The more you make the guy feel like a saint the more people will make him the devil. Its that simple.Superman going evil has been a troupe simce darkknight returns. It wasn't started by injustice. I like the first game enough. Second game is batman wank.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-21-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Pretty Much all this. Especially this universe's awful portrayal of Wonder Woman. They're both really fun games and I think Taylor did a good job mitigating some of the bad storytelling set up by Netherrealm studios' writing staff (and with the Mortal Kombat games that came after, bad writing and bad characters just seem to be that studio's forte), but the overall bleakness of the story is just so....hard to ignore.

And I'm so tired of bleak DC. We had enough of that between anytime that Didio had full control, and the three crap-fest movies that Zack Snyder put out.

And I've definitely had enough with heroes being pitted against each other, often for the dumbest of reasons. If we ever get an Injustice 3, I want a reboot. Take this thing to a new universe where most of the world's heroes aren't evil (or dead). Bring in new writers and do a new story that's not "How else can we make Batman and Superman hate each other?". Keep the gameplay because that's great (especially the character customization in the second game) but please just leave the "Regime VS Resistance" bullshit behind.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-21-2020 at 08:25 PM.

They've been doing stories about Superman going evil for decades. Injustice didn't start this trend.

And Injustice isn't his only video game appearance.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They've been doing stories about Superman going evil for decades. Injustice didn't start this trend.

And Injustice isn't his only video game appearance.
    No, but it's his only mainstream video game appearance in, what, ten years? Everything else is the Lego games which are fun, but inconsequential jokes. The last big budget game Superman starred in was, what, DC vs. Mortal Kombat? That was 2008. We haven't had Superman played straight on the big screen or in video games, arguably the two largest forms of media today, since the mid 2000s. Even on TV and animated films, he exists to job, die or turn evil. That's rough, my dude.