Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    The more you make the guy feel like a saint the more people will make him the devil. Its that simple.Superman going evil has been a troupe simce darkknight returns. It wasn't started by injustice. I like the first game enough. Second game is batman wank.
    I dunno, evil Captain America doesn't seem that common (HydraCap aside).

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s that but for me there’s three big reasons in addition:
    1. It’s the embodiment of all the Batman Vs. Superman tropes I hate. Batman is the noble hero who can do no wrong, is contsgantly portrayed as “badass” and capable, while Superman is an idiot who is so dumb Joker brags about how easy it was to trick him. Lois is fridged so Supes goes evil for the purpose of making Batman look good. WW is a psychopath who loves fascism and Supercock. Harley is one of the biggest mass murderers in human history and receives no punishment whatsoever because she’s “lol so randumb XD” It’s just all the tropes I hate in one game
    2. It’s his only video game appearance. If the WBM Superman game is real I won’t care as much, but until it’s decided Injustice is all he gets and it sucks and I hate it
    3. It started a trend of Superman going evil across multiple media. Snyder’s “kino” revolves around Superman going evil because Lois died, Taylor wrote more evil Superman in Earth 2 and DCeased, there’s a reason it was one of his only three stories and that irritated me
    Wholeheartedly agree on two and a half of these points.

But I have to argue that MoS, BvS and JL don't revolve around Superman becoming evil, it was suppose to revolve around JL preventing evil Superman from ever happening, because unlike comic book writers of Injustice or Kingdome Come or ever other story where Lois Lane is fridged, Zack Snyder remembers that DC Universe has reality bending characters and one of them is The Flash whose time travel ability was meant to prevent Knightmare scenario in BvS from happening. He wasn't going to bullshit us with the narrative of how dangerous time travel or fate changing super powers are, he was just going to use it in his story and it would've been cool thing to see. But that was in original plan when Justice League was a trilogy of movies, Snyder Cut was shot by rewritten screenplay and we have yet to see how it was changed from original plan.

Plus IMO, there is a difference when Superman goes evil willingly on his full conscious and when a tragedy makes him vulnerable to be succumbed by Anti-Life Equation and get mind controlled by Darkseid. Something that actually happened in the final two episodes of S:TAS. Superman was not going to choose be evil in Zack Snyder's trilogy and that's a big difference to me.

This is the Superman you are gonna get in Zack Snyder's Justice League:

Shirt rip at the end was also shot by Snyder, so if anyone is worried about his live action comeback being some sort of dark version, you can rest easy.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno, evil Captain America doesn't seem that common (HydraCap aside).
    Captain is an underdog fighting above his weight. Captain is rarely portrayed as naive. He is a man of conviction and ideals. Heck! Cap is more of an idealist than rule abiding boyscout .Superman is portayed as all those things cap is not.It's easy to twist naive virtues into vices. This also makes superman's optimism hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s that but for me there’s three big reasons in addition:
    1. It’s the embodiment of all the Batman Vs. Superman tropes I hate. Batman is the noble hero who can do no wrong, is contsgantly portrayed as “badass” and capable, while Superman is an idiot who is so dumb Joker brags about how easy it was to trick him. Lois is fridged so Supes goes evil for the purpose of making Batman look good. WW is a psychopath who loves fascism and Supercock. Harley is one of the biggest mass murderers in human history and receives no punishment whatsoever because she’s “lol so randumb XD” It’s just all the tropes I hate in one game
    2. It’s his only video game appearance. If the WBM Superman game is real I won’t care as much, but until it’s decided Injustice is all he gets and it sucks and I hate it
    3. It started a trend of Superman going evil across multiple media. Snyder’s “kino” revolves around Superman going evil because Lois died, Taylor wrote more evil Superman in Earth 2 and DCeased, there’s a reason it was one of his only three stories and that irritated me
    THIS. Holy crap, all of this.

On the videogame point: there have been other games - but I get that they aren't recent. However, it'd be nice if they could actually make those earlier games available in remasters, at least. A Johnny Arcade version of Taito's Superman arcade, for instance, would be amazing. That's a fairly solid arcade, imo.
    Last edited by JAK; 06-23-2020 at 02:01 PM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Captain is an underdog fighting above his weight. Captain is rarely portrayed as naive. He is a man of conviction and ideals. Heck! Cap is more of an idealist than rule abiding boyscout .Superman is portayed as all those things cap is not.It's easy to twist naive virtues into vices. This also makes superman's optimism hollow.
    I don't think he's any more naive then Superman. Cap would probably lead his own boyscouts .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think he's any more naive then Superman. Cap would probably lead his own boyscouts .
    Ofcourse, he isn't at all. There would be writers that don't get him write him that way. But, the character is more of an idealist than a boyscout. So, he would be leading a bunch of rag-tag team of howling commandos. Superman, if done right would be more that as well.
    With his own rag-tag group of outlaws and misfits.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-24-2020 at 01:26 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That was just a cover featuring Action Comics stars, not a story where he does anything like that.

Anyway, nice. The Injustice story is boring but the game itself is sweet. Pretty sure I lost the physical copy so I'll check this out.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    No, but it's his only mainstream video game appearance in, what, ten years? Everything else is the Lego games which are fun, but inconsequential jokes. The last big budget game Superman starred in was, what, DC vs. Mortal Kombat? That was 2008. We haven't had Superman played straight on the big screen or in video games, arguably the two largest forms of media today, since the mid 2000s. Even on TV and animated films, he exists to job, die or turn evil. That's rough, my dude.
    Injustice is one of several adaptations the DC universe and is one of two with a Superman that is evil without being mind controlled or being redeemed. We've had a heroic Superman in the CW, Young Justice, Justice League Action, virtually every DC animated movie and yes the DCEU no matter how many people want to act like he's the Plutonian. Every superhero gets jobbed and most get jobbed way more than Superman and even when he dies it's with a hell lot more dignity than most not to mention he has a higher chance of coming back and kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That was just a cover featuring Action Comics stars, not a story where he does anything like that.
    I know, batman and superman team ups where just cover stories at first too. This team just feels different from normal superhero affair.I wouldn't mind it being a thing.Besides, vigilante, zatara... Etc need more love.would have added couple of other characters as well. Justice league kind of boring team with a bunch of righteous gods. And That is the only team superman has, which is lame. This feel more like a place that superman would fit right at home with. I don't think legion, jl.. Etc fits.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-24-2020 at 01:46 AM.

To me Supeman in the Injustice Games is this guy

If he was Chief Justice.

I love how everyone gets on Superman and Wonder Woman for being too kill happy but Aquaman killing Grodd doesn't even register.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post

If he was Chief Justice.

I love how everyone gets on Superman and Wonder Woman for being too kill happy but Aquaman killing Grodd doesn't even register.
    The Regime as a whole is criticized for being too kill happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post

If he was Chief Justice.

Would dredd kill billy batson?i saw one movie years ago. I don't particularly remember anything about it.