Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Darn it! And I was so looking forward to buying this as a HC when it was released.
    Last edited by Amacent; 06-19-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Haven't read this, doesn't sound like I or anyone should. Why did she murder him and make his skull a flail? Was he evil? Is she? The hell?
    I *think* it’s meant to be a way to honor him?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Finally a comic which shows what would happen in fight if she doesn't holds back.

Might buy this

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Finally a comic which shows what would happen in fight if she doesn't holds back.

Might buy this
    As if beating superman is much of an accomplishment anymore.

As for the op, These kinda threads are funny. Superman Lost! Big deal, it happens.The guy isn't one punch man.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-19-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    As if beating superman is much of an accomplishment anymore.

As for the op, These kinda threads are funny. Superman Lost! Big deal, it happens.The guy isn't one punch man.
    It's not a big deal, Superman brutally beat her recently in that non canon comic about zombies and he was celebrated for that, we can do the same for WW.

Where's the issue?

He wasn't really celebrated that time around. No one really cared. Superman fans aren't too keen on him beating up his friends and allies. We've had just about enough of that, actually. It happens so much these days in so many projects even the silly "my dad can beat up your dad" fun factor of it is gone. I'll stand by the opinion and often backed up fact that Superman is the most powerful superhero on Earth and the odds on favorite in some sort of hypothetical free-for-all. But I don't need to see it. I'm tired of seeing it, win or lose.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-19-2020 at 12:06 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

It's not a big deal, Superman brutally beat her recently in that non canon comic about zombies and he was celebrated for that, we can do the same for WW.

Where's the issue?
    I don't think wonder woman beating up superman is the issue, it's just that wonder woman wearing supermans spine is where the line was crossed.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Where's the issue?
    Superman beat her in dceased? Didn't she cut off his hand and stabbed him with kryptonite magic sword? Also, jon and damian were more the heroes series. Jon jumping in to hold off his dad for a second>>>>>any fight in that book, not that it matters .
    Anyways, In the words of mumen rider.
    "I know no one expects much from me! And I know better than anyone how useless a C Class hero is! I know I'm too weak even for B Class! I know more than anyone else that I'll never beat you! But I must fight you anyway! I'm the only one left! It's not about winning or losing! I just have to stand here and face you!"
    People really needs to understand what a hero is. Mumen rider is 100 times a hero than both ww and superman.

He gets crushed,because it ain't about that. Realistically, underdogs with not much godly gifts gets crushed. But, dammit they are cool.btw, this what happens to the dude afterwards. The guy fights because its the right thing to do(ring any bells) .Even if he faced with insurmountable odds and he isn't gifted. He works his but off and still loses. Doesn't get deterred even after that. Now, that's a real superhero.
    So, if superman is right. Even if he loses the fist fight. It largely is irrelevant.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-19-2020 at 12:18 PM.

BANNED

honestly for me both defeat and using his body as decoration are an insult, defeat should not be, but the way he is defeated, the fact that the only way to win when fighting another hero is that this dead (anti-life equation) because I don't remember the last time I won a fight, but the worst thing is that batman is a villain and defeats everyone, ww is a villain and defeats everyone, superman is a villain and is defeated by a squirrel (injustice) .
    if dc likes being a villain superman when one really is

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He wasn't really celebrated that time around. No one really cared.
    He really was, not in this site tho, just because you didn't read them doesn't mean they don't exists but i guess it doesn't matter.

Might buy this
    Lol it’s neither the first nor will it be the last time she’s won. I mean it’s all fake you know? There’s no “well this is what would really happen” because Supes and Wondy aren’t real. Whoever wins comes down to what the writers need to happen for the story.

Where's the issue?
    He was not celebrated for that, dunno where you saw people pumping their fists that Taylor wrote Supes as an idiot who let himself be turned and then murdered the sun, but it wasn’t here. I saw WW fans complaining and Superman fans just kinda shrugging their shoulders.

Really the “issue” isn’t that she beat him in a fight, the folks over on the WW forums are irritated that:
    1. She went berserker mode and murdered him
    2. She killed the planet and murdered billions of people while beating him up
    3. And then she uses his skull and spine as a weapon
    That last point is the real stickler for me. The other two, eh, I can roll with it. I don’t care if Clark loses a fight, he’s been jobbing since DKR, having Diana nuke the planet is pretty “wtf” though. The last one is just baffling though. She’s desecrating her friend’s corpse when she was crying over it a few pages ago. It just feels wrong for her to be that utilitarian about her friend’s body, especially given how empathetic she’s been portrayed as previously.

That said I’d still recommend it to people wanting to read WW for now, but we’ll see how Johnson handles the ending before I can endorse it as good.

damn ma is it really that serious

damn ma is it really that serious
    The book is meant to be read seriously. It’s not a light hearted or wacky book. You cool with Wanda still being blamed for M-Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The book is meant to be read seriously. It’s not a light hearted or wacky book. You cool with Wanda still being blamed for M-Day?
    The only thing i said is it was good to see Diana finally not holding back in a fight lol, i haven't read the history until know.

And then you came after my comment.

He really was, not in this site tho, just because you didn't read them doesn't mean they don't exists but i guess it doesn't matter.
    Fair enough. I certainly can't say I'm involved with every corner of fandom and where they congregate, got no problem taking your word for it. For my part though, its not really about him being beaten so much as it is about him being murdered then having his corpse mutilated, and how that reflects on her even worse, imo. I'm all for darker takes, and the entire Black Label line indeed is for alternate stuff that perhaps you wouldn't see in mainstream incarnations, that's all good for me. But there's something to be said for taste, and I'm just not into this type of characterization for any kind of Diana that isn't supposed to be straight up evil. If Superwoman did this for instance, I'd probably praise the gore factor.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-19-2020 at 12:42 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El