Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Robin movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Damian as Robin can work. Look at Kick Ass. People ate that up. A lethal 10 year old and it's less grey because Bruce isn't endangering another man's kid.
    Yeah but works for Kick Ass would not necessarily work for Batman.

Batman on the Big screen has always been pretty grounded, going in a Kick Ass direction would be probably to over the top for the general audience.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Which is why I say Damian is the best bet since he is the one that matches the sidekicks that have worked and tested well for todays audience.
    Don't know the reception of Damian centric animated movies was quite mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I only find it wired that they cast pretty young actors for Raven and "Flash Back Dick" and much older ones for Jason and Beast Boy.
    >shrug<

Like I said, I've never watched that show.

I've seen a couple clips, and the dialogue and acting seem....not great. But the action sequences I've seen have been okay, and the costume design is alright. The Nightwing suit especially looks pretty solid.

I still maintain that We Are Robin would make for a better, more unique and interesting film than using one of the *actual* Robins, but using either Dick or Damian could work too. Looking at the stuff that sells and is popular, Robin could easily be made into a successful movie.

Some of the complaints pushing back against the idea here do have some merit, don't get me wrong, but audiences will accept anything if it's packaged right and I have yet to see a concern that couldn't be overcome with a minimum of effort and consideration.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Don't know the reception of Damian centric animated movies was quite mixed.
    Among fans who want (insert fan favorite) in his place

Spectacular Member

It would be interesting to have a Death in the family movie. I want to see Batman losing Jason and that iconic scene of him holding his body after the explosion. It would be interesting to see batman lose for once.

I mean if we were to do a Dick Grayson movie as Robin would we just not due it? I guess both Dick and Tim don't have enough messy past ? I just mean compared Jason and Damian

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean if we were to do a Dick Grayson movie as Robin would we just not due it? I guess both Dick and Tim don't have enough messy past ? I just mean compared Jason and Damian
    Tim maybe, but I think Dick's origin still has high point of angst. If they make Dick want to chase his parents's murderer alone and Batman stops him and turn him into Robin to mirror him who chose to be Batman to satisfy his grief, it will make Batman mayyyyyyyyybbbbbeeeeee kiiiiiiiinnnnnnddddaaaaaa less bad as adult.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    >shrug<

Like I said, I've never watched that show.

I've seen a couple clips, and the dialogue and acting seem....not great. But the action sequences I've seen have been okay, and the costume design is alright. The Nightwing suit especially looks pretty solid.

I still maintain that We Are Robin would make for a better, more unique and interesting film than using one of the *actual* Robins, but using either Dick or Damian could work too. Looking at the stuff that sells and is popular, Robin could easily be made into a successful movie.

Some of the complaints pushing back against the idea here do have some merit, don't get me wrong, but audiences will accept anything if it's packaged right and I have yet to see a concern that couldn't be overcome with a minimum of effort and consideration.
    I found this fanwork, like trailer if Robin War become animated movie, and i think it's so good :
    https://ve.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_q...yzq36u_720.mp4

Artist : @symeona and @curb-your-dog (tumblr)

My hopeless dream is DC will have at least 4 main robins on movie together, but they are ever barely put together on comics. The closest thing I have is on Young Justice series, and they're separated with each other.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-27-2020 at 10:38 AM.