107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Legacy Heroes

43 40.19%
  • Original Heroes

64 59.81%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Guess you don't watch a lot of CW Flash - it was Jay's nickname on his Earth like how Barry gets called the Scarlet Speedster.
    Right. It was a sobriquet of Jay's.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Barry does occasionally get referred to by things like "The Scarlet Speedster", but that's not his superhero NAME. It's like Batman being referred to as "The Dark Knight Detective", or a man named Thomas sometimes being called "Tom" or "Tommy". They're nicknames, and for writers of superhero stories, they give more options to the narrative rather than inserting the character's name EVERY TIME they refer to him.

Guess you don't watch a lot of CW Flash - it was Jay's nickname on his Earth like how Barry gets called the Scarlet Speedster.
    So you entered this conversation in bad faith trying to bait some sort of trap? Why? This isn't an argument. It literally doesn't matter.

But regardless of your trolling, it doesn't matter if it was Jay's nickname. My original point, which all of you thinking this is an argument seem to have overlooked, was that I'm in favor of one of them being the Earth 1 Flash and the other being the Earth 2 Flash, but in certain circumstances I'd like Barry to have a different name. I think that you just wanted to come in and point out some trivia that you knew that hasn't come up in any other conversation. Well good for you, I hope you gave yourself a cookie for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    So you entered this conversation in bad faith trying to bait some sort of trap? Why? This isn't an argument. It literally doesn't matter.

But regardless of your trolling, it doesn't matter if it was Jay's nickname. My original point, which all of you thinking this is an argument seem to have overlooked, was that I'm in favor of one of them being the Earth 1 Flash and the other being the Earth 2 Flash, but in certain circumstances I'd like Barry to have a different name. I think that you just wanted to come in and point out some trivia that you knew that hasn't come up in any other conversation. Well good for you, I hope you gave yourself a cookie for that one.
    First of all, let's all calm down here.

Secondly, if you're saying that Barry could go by a different codename for a short time (but no one else would use the Flash name), that could be doable. But if you're thinking that someone else would be the Flash in the interim, I don't see DC ever doing that (unless Barry "dies" briefly, of course).

Okay sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Right. It was a sobriquet of Jay's.
    Well, that's my new word of the day!

How the hell does that come across as a bad faith trap or trolling? I thought it was just a cute joke and meant it in light spirited fun. I mean, I've made the occasional combative post here before, but this is the first time I've been called out so badly for something meant to be a friendly tongue in cheek attempt at humor. I think you might be a little too defensive or wrapped up here. Remember, this is all just nerdery about imaginary people, we don't have to take it so seriously all the time. Sometimes a joke is just a joke, not bad faith trolling.

. . . I don't see DC ever doing that (unless Barry "dies" briefly, of course).
    Please, let's not give DC any ideas here . . .

Well, that's my new word of the day!
    Heh. I learned about that word from my passion for baseball. For example Theodore Samuel Williams nickname was Ted, but one of his famous sobriquets was The Splendid Splinter.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Please, let's not give DC any ideas here . . .
    He's probably safe from that. DC would rather do it for someone who never has had the "pleasure" before.

He's probably safe from that. DC would rather do it for someone who never has had the "pleasure" before.
    Like . . . who?

Seriously, what major DC character hasn't already "died" for more than an issue or two at least once?

Like . . . who?

Seriously, what major DC character hasn't already "died" for more than an issue or two at least once?
    You do make a good point, Major.

Heh. I learned about that word from my passion for baseball. For example Theodore Samuel Williams nickname was Ted, but one of his famous sobriquets was The Splendid Splinter.
    Splendid Splinter or Sprinter?

And it's weird the places you learn the oddest things sometimes. The other day I've just discovered that what I thought were blackberries all my life were actually dewberries.

How the hell does that come across as a bad faith trap or trolling?
    Because after that you came up with some dumb nonsense about how much I like The Flash.

Depends on what you mean by "major". I don't remember Black Canary ever dying (with the exception being Arrow).
    Last edited by TheRay; 05-03-2021 at 01:49 PM.

Splendid Splinter or Sprinter?
    Splinter. This was when he first started out and was rail thin (or "splinterish").

And it's weird the places you learn the oddest things sometimes. The other day I've just discovered that what I thought were blackberries all my life were actually dewberries.
    It is indeed weird. I have had similar experiences like that myself.

Because after that you came up with some dumb nonsense about how much I like The Flash.
    That wasn't dumb nonsense, just an observation/explanation for why it didn't land. It wasn't remotely meant offensively. If I wanted to be rude/mean, I swear I'd take a harder tone than that. I really think you're reading an intent there that wasn't meant.