Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Default Marvel September 2020 Solicitations

I didn't see a thread for the solicitations proper, so decided to make one. Here they are: https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-so...eptember-2020/
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I'm more into the trades this month as I brace myself for X of Swords to come by and ravage my wallet... but I'm still getting quite a bit of stuff.

Definitely:
    EXCALIBUR #12 - Just for X of Swords. I really didn't like this series when I first read it.
    X-MEN #12
    X OF SWORDS: CREATION #1
    X-FACTOR #4 - Man, Hope's hair looks off here.
    X OF SWORDS HANDBOOK #1 - For completion's sake. Also, it's kinda weird to see Magik getting the focus in some of these covers, and also the FCBD issue. I assumed focus would be on Xavier or maybe Betsy. If that is what's happening... I don't know how to feel about it, because I like Magik, but Hickman boils her entire character down to "violent and dark".
    HELLIONS #4 - Gets an arc
    CABLE #4
    NEW MUTANTS #12 - They seriously need to do something with Magik's top. You don't even need a boob window, just... something to break up all the black! Like, a white X or something!
    GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: STORM #1
    WEB OF VENOM: WRAITH #1
    VENOM #28
    THOR #7

MARVEL COSMIC UNIVERSE BY DONNY CATES OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC MOORE COVER (DM ONLY) - Okay, I like this... but they could have easily put GotG in too. 480 pages for $100? Really?! I guess I have to get the OHC for that too then, since it's kinda the conclusion to all of this.
    SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 4 HC GRANOV COVER - I recently got really big into Conan, so... yeah. Also, this is double the size of the Cates Cosmic omnibus and only $25 more! Unless the Cates thing is printed on pristine-ass paper... ugh.
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY DONNY CATES HC - It feels scummy that this isn't part of the Cosmic omnibus... but fine.
    X-MEN BY CHRIS CLAREMONT & JIM LEE OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC VARIANT (NEW PRINTING, DM ONLY) - Finally! When I first got into comics, these were everywhere, but I missed out!
    STAR: BIRTH OF A DRAGON TPB - Liked what I read of the first issue or two.
    X-MEN MILESTONES: AGE OF X TPB

Maybe:
    THE RISE OF ULTRAMAN #1 (Of 5) - I am mildly interested as someone who knows next to nothing about Ultraman. But Kyle Higgins did good on Power Rangers apparently, so... maybe.
    SHANG-CHI #1 (OF 5) - Asian creator on an Asian character I'm mildly interested in, even if he's the super karate type of Asian character.
    JUGGERNAUT #1 (OF 5) - Depends if it ties into the current X-stuff.
    X-FACTOR #3 - If the first issue is good, even though I'm not keen on the charac designs.
    GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: TRIBUTE TO WEIN & COCKRUM #1 - For sentimental value. But only if it's prestige format, otherwise I'll get a reprint.

INFINITY CRUSADE OMNIBUS HC PLATT COVER (DM ONLY)
    MOON KNIGHT OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC SIENKIEWICZ COVER (DM ONLY) - Interested in some of this. Also, not only is Sienkiewicz perfect for a MK cover, but if it lets me avoid Finch... **** yes.
    HELLSTROM: PRINCE OF LIES TPB - I think I read some of this a few months back and was mildly interested.
    SILVER SURFER: BLACK TPB - If I don't get the omnibi, since this one is at least normal dimensions.
    NEW MUTANTS EPIC COLLECTION: CABLE TPB - Because I missed the X-Force omnibus and recently got onto a big X-Force kick.
    CONAN CHRONICLES EPIC COLLECTION: HORRORS BENEATH THE STONES TPB - For the Roy Thomas stuff, if I can't find the Dark Horse trades or don't want them for whatever reason... though I think I've heard bad stuff about how Marvel does their trades of Dark Horse's Star Wars stuff, so not sure how they do with Conan, though I might also pick up some they've already put out and find out.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Random thoughts:

It must be awkward for Slott's Iron Man run to end on an underwhelming crossover of all things.

The Spider-Man milestone issues come around so frequently and always feel... I don't know, just a bit too forced. I am still interested in where the stuff with Kindred is going, but I'm also not reading the run. I feel like I'd be burned out if I were. Also, Hobgoblin (?) is checking out Spidey's ass.

I'm usually not a fan of Nick Bradshaw's art, but that FF #23 cover is pretty solid. I think it may boil down entirely to the colours.

Silva's "dot eyes" are just... they never feel right, but FF is the first time I've seen him use them on a cover.

As soon as I saw the Empyre Avengers aftermath issue, I knew that was Greg Land art. I did a spit take when I thought it was Jim Cheung.

That Acuna FF cover is fucking kickass. That is how you do dark FF stuff.

Whenever I see an issue 0 released long after the series proper started, I wince.

Thanks to the delays, I wasn't sure if Lemire was going to do a bunch of Immortal Hulk one-shots or if it was resolicited (not helped by how Marvel don't use that word... for some reason).

I love how the Spider-Woman series is still pushing that new outfit... when other stuff she's in just uses the default. The new one is just fetch.

Oh hey... the Abrams Spidey comic is back... too bad issue 3 was such a trash fire.

Moon Knight fighting Black Panther is just kind of a neat visual.

Is Doom getting ready to shoot or letting that bird perch on his arm? Because it looks like he changed his mind in the middle...

Seeing the three Caps, even if they're about to fight, is just always nice... even if Bucky's meant to have brown eyes

I have not seen "Robot Revolution" used in the promotion for Iron Man 2020, so I think it's just to differentiate it from the OG Iron Man 2020 and they didn't want to do "by Dan Slott" or something... which is fair, because I now avoid stuff with his name on it for the most part.

How the hell is the writer credits for that Dawn of X trade arranged? I thought alphabetical, then Howard came ina t the end. I thought by how much they wrote, but Hickman would be at the front. I guess... it's by release order of the stuff? Which is... a decision, I guess.

Marvel won't reprint 90s stuff like Moon Knight (yet) or Danny Ketch's Ghost Rider series, but they'll reprint Heroes Reborn?! I... I can't... there are no words...

"The Secret Thing"... lol... that title made me regress into a 10 year old.

Regular pulls:

Glad to see things returning.

Pulling

Daredevil 22 this is the best book Marvel is putting out right now! Zdarsky is absolutely at his best on my favorite Marvel character.

ASM 48 & 49 (850) Spencer's arcs have been hit or miss for me, so we will see how this turns out. I am looking forward to seeing the Kindred plot start to unfold.

Immortal Hulk 37 My excitement for this book keeps slipping, but it's still enjoyable. However, I am not purchasing any of the ridiculous tie-ins.

Venom 28 Cates run is still strong and looking forward to the upcoming showdown with Knull.

Star Wars 6 fun and enjoyable.

Maybe

Iron ManI want to enjoy an Iron Man book as Slott's run was not for me, but this solicit doesn't sound exciting.

ASM: Sins of Norman Osborn I enjoy when the Spider family shows up.

Rise of Ultraman

Shang Chi looking forward to the movie and glad to see Shang return.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Big month.

EXCALIBUR #12
    X-MEN #12
    X OF SWORDS: CREATION #1
    JUGGERNAUT #1
    IMMORTAL HULK #37
    HELLIONS #4
    X-FORCE #12
    GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: STORM #1
    AVENGERS #36
    DOCTOR DOOM #7
    FALCON & WINTER SOLDIER #3
    DAREDEVIL #22

ASM 48 & 49(850) - So is "legacy" numbering coming back or is it 48, 850, and then 50?

Avengers 36 - just for the moon knight arc

Immortal Hulk 37 - still the best book Marvel puts out but like Jekyll said interest waning a little bit.

Spiderman Noir 4 - was glad to see this title isn't going the digital route

Venom 28 - continues to be solid, 2nd best book after Immortal Hulk.

Just some reprints. Again!
    CAPTAIN BRITAIN: MARVEL TALES #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: X-MEN HAVOK #1 Reprinting: X-Men (1963) #58
    TALES OF SUSPENSE #39 FACSIMILE EDITION
    CAPTAIN AMERICA EPIC COLLECTION TP MONSTERS AND MEN

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Definitely getting Cantwell's Doctor Doom and Iron Man

Iffy on Empyre

Probably will get Fantastic Four but I think they need a change of writers.

Hickman's X-Men titles

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Random thoughts:

Is Doom getting ready to shoot or letting that bird perch on his arm? Because it looks like he changed his mind in the middle...
    Raven's are kind of like a symbol of Death aren't they? But check out this preview of Doom riding a bear

Pretty big month for me:

Avengers #36
    Guardians of the Galaxy #6
    Thor #7
    X-Men #12
    X of Swords:Creation #1
    X-Force #12
    Hellions #4
    Giant Size Storm #1
    Wolverine
    Marauders

Only question is where the hell is Ghost Rider?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Doctor Doom #7

No Ghost Rider?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Doctor Doom #7

No Ghost Rider?
    I asked about that in the other thread. #7 is solicited for July. I think (hope) that it might still be ongoing. But I feel Marvel is using what available slots they have to get Empyre out as quickly as possible. X of Swords is a inter-title cross over. So it won't take up as many release slots.

In saying that, the Ghost Rider tie-ins to Empyre are probably going digital.

Still a ton missing though. Marvel was publishing way too much.

A lot of Empyre tie-ins are apparently cancelled outright, but we don't know which. Digital could still happen, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible communication from Marvel Comics!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Amazing Member

I do see the second volume X-Men Avengers Onslaught Vol 2 TP and I do want it but no release date.

Incredible Member

I'm worried that the reaction to New Warriors was so terrible Marvel decided to cancel the Outlawed event and all other teen hero books outside of Ms.Marvel and Miles Morales Spiderman.