All-New Member

Default Supporting cast/villains centered stories

Although I love the Spider-Man-centric stories (after all, that's why we read the spider-man comics), I noticed that there are specific arcs that explore the supporting cast/villains better, showing the particular point of view of these characters under the stories (telling their motivations and stuff) and I wanted to know which characters have had this type of story. I listed here the characters that I managed to remember and the stories that fulfilled this requirement for me:

Rhino: Flowers for Rhino

Mysterio: ...As Dreams are Made On...

Shocker/Hydro-Man: Just Another Manic Monday

Ben Reilly: The Lost Years

Kraven: Kraven's Last Hunt

I did not relate Superior Spider-Man to Dr. Octopus because it's a saga, with many stories. I would like to know about closed arcs that are more contained and objective

Astonishing Member

The Superior Foes of Spider-Man by Nick Spencer, the current writer on The Amazing Spider-Man is a must read for Boomerang, Shocker, Beetle, Speed Demon and Overdrive. Love that run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rigel View Post
    I would like to know about closed arcs that are more contained and objective
    -- There's "The Tombstone Saga" by Gerry Conway which explores Robbie Robertson and the villain Tombstone and is considered one of Conway's best.
    -- "Revenge of the Green Goblin" by Roger Stern (plot) and Paul Jenkins and others (script) is also a great insightful look into Norman Osborn post-resurrection.
    -- "Osborn" by Kelly Sue de Connick (writing) and Emma Rios (art) is also great. It's a great look into Norman Osborn but also the best Norah Winters story by far.

I'll also recommend my all-time favorite single issue of ASM.
    #246 - "The Daydreamers" by Roger Stern (writing) and John Romita JR (art). It's a story of four vignettes each narrated from the POV of Felicia, Jameson, Mary Jane, and Peter. If you ever want a single issue that demonstrates what Peter and his supporting cast is all about. This is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    The Superior Foes of Spider-Man by Nick Spencer, the current writer on The Amazing Spider-Man is a must read for Boomerang, Shocker, Beetle, Speed Demon and Overdrive. Love that run.
    Big second.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man is genuinely one of the funniest and most unique books set in Spider-Man's corner.