Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Xander also hit her with a wrecking ball early in the fight, which didn't leave any lasting damage at all.
    I keep thinking that was later in the fight and what really finished her when she was still winning despite everything else but I may well be misremembering.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    And as mentioned, she *does*. If she's able to knock Juggy's helmet off, then he's a drooling vegetable.

Does movie Juggernaut's helmet actually block the mind whammy?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Wasn't tested from what I remember, so it's probably viable.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

There was no telepathy in Deadpool 2. He was Koed by electric wire to the buttocks and fell into a pool of water, further fried.

Physical wise he literally was unstoppable.

Astonishing Member

Should be against The Last Stand's Juggernaut and I'd still think he wins the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I keep thinking that was later in the fight and what really finished her when she was still winning despite everything else but I may well be misremembering.
    In hindsight, it was.

I remembered Glory saying "what are you going to hit with me next?" before the wrecking ball hit her and I incorrectly recalled that it was just after she'd defeated the Buffybot - but it was actually just after Buffy had dropped the hammer.

She got hit with the wrecking ball and the next time you see her, Buffy has the hammer back and is pummelling her.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Should be against The Last Stand's Juggernaut and I'd still think he wins the majority.
    Again, Glory is much faster and has one-hit-KO mind-whammy options. Unless a version of Juggernaut has shown to be immune against it, he ain't.

Hence Glory eats his mind. This would even apply as high-end as Deadpool Juggernaut.
    Last edited by Twickster; 06-28-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Doesn't Glory need to physically touch a person's head to do the mind-whammy bit?

The helmet would stop the touching.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Doesn't Glory need to physically touch a person's head to do the mind-whammy bit?

The helmet would stop the touching.
    Hence she needs to remove the helmet. She's strong and fast enough, so any live-action Juggy would never touch her.

The question is, is she smart enough to do this? (admittedly, she's rather stupid)

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The helmet has pretty big wholes in it though. Any reason she can't just out her hands in through the oversized eye sockets?

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Supposedly it does. At one point he tells Russell that he wears the helmet to block Xavier.

It's just a blink and you miss it conversation piece, but its technically there.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The helmet has pretty big wholes in it though. Any reason she can't just out her hands in through the oversized eye sockets?
    *points finger menacingly and whispers*

Beadle's gonna get you...
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 06-28-2020 at 07:37 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    *points finger menacingly and whispers*

Beadle's gonna get you...
    Summoning a bigger fish?

Delightful.

*sips tea*
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Hence she needs to remove the helmet. She's strong and fast enough, so any live-action Juggy would never touch her.

The question is, is she smart enough to do this? (admittedly, she's rather stupid)
    A question from not having seen DP2 yet.

Is the helmet held on in some special way or is it just an ordinary strap that can be broken and the helmet removed? So, basically, would it take anything for Glory to remove it?

It also seems to take her a second or two to dig her fingers into the brain. Is he that slow to react? I suppose technically, we could get into durability but her attack seems more mystical than physically digging into the brain.

I doubt it would be her first attack. But she's very fast. By high-end, could he hit her in a bloodlusted fight where she's not playing around and letting her opponent hit her but going all-out to win and win now?

When all else fails, she would try to do the brain drain.

Also, I would contend that some of Glory's stupidity was because she was suffering more and more from being trapped in human form. The whole brain drain thing was a way of staving off the deterioration of her own brain. At the beginning, she was quite smart. An example would be when they were all ready for this evil goddess to attack to get a substance she needed. Instead, she just walked into the magic shop, polite and friendly as could be, and bought it.
    Power with Girl is better.