Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Honestly not sure how this works in terms of licensing/rights.

If Microsoft buys Rocksteady and WB games they have rights to assets and stuff from the Arkham games and Injustice games but not on the broader DC license unless that's somehow included.

I actually don't know why AT&T are planning to sell off WB Games to be honest. It seemed to be doing pretty well for itself all things considering.

AT&T after the merger deal went through already had billions in debt due to it. The pandemic made it worse. Its why Warner Media pulled away from Diamond distribution for a better money deal after years with Diamond and now were seeing idiot moves like this. They are billions in debt scrambling to sell off whatever parts they can to keep it all afloat.

Direct TV is expected to either be sold off or closed up after the NFL Sunday Ticket contract expires in the next year or 2. Because again deep in debt and moronic **** moves.

In all this deal should have never been approved. Not with this much debt involved.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

WB may have changed it's mind about selling wb games?

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/09/war...ractive-games/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    WB may have changed it's mind about selling wb games?

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/09/war...ractive-games/
    A stay of execution for now.

I mean why cut a vertical, WB Games, that was doing so well?

A stay of execution for now.

I mean why cut a vertical, WB Games, that was doing so well?
    Yeah the WB selling a big profitable piece of the company is beyond stupid. You make money with this. You don't sell your money making units. Unless its such a spectacular deal and you can brag. But WB Games has 3 solid studios right now that are doing some big games. Be friggen stupid to lose all that.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Does anyone else feel like the Suicide Squad game should have just been Justice League instead? If it's a games as a services type thing like Avengers I don't feel like I will sit and grind for a upgrade to say King Shark. I would however do it for Batman or Green lantern.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Does anyone else feel like the Suicide Squad game should have just been Justice League instead? If it's a games as a services type thing like Avengers I don't feel like I will sit and grind for a upgrade to say King Shark. I would however do it for Batman or Green lantern.
    Nobody knows what kind of game Suicide Squad is/will be. Rocksteady Studios however have been exclusively single player developers since the start and never done any co-op/multiplayer yet. It's unlikely that were they to start, they would do so with Suicide Squad.

And in any case, Suicide Squad does play to Rocksteady's strengths and interests more than Justice League does.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Nobody knows what kind of game Suicide Squad is/will be. Rocksteady Studios however have been exclusively single player developers since the start and never done any co-op/multiplayer yet. It's unlikely that were they to start, they would do so with Suicide Squad.

And in any case, Suicide Squad does play to Rocksteady's strengths and interests more than Justice League does.
    Rumor is that Suicide Squad will be a live service game. WB is no stranger to nickel and diming customers.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I think a Suicide Squad game is easier to balance than a game with a full-scale Justice League roster.

A Justice League game would be harder to balance compared to what Avengers is doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think a Suicide Squad game is easier to balance than a game with a full-scale Justice League roster.

A Justice League game would be harder to balance compared to what Avengers is doing.
    Suicide Squad might be an evolution of the "Dual Play" partner system in Arkham Knight where Batman enters a fight with another Batfamily (Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman) and mid-battle he can switch by pulling a team-up beatdown and you go from fighting as Batman to Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman. That was one of the major innovations in Arkham Knight in terms of gameplay and style.

You can probably build and elaborate on that with a group of superpowered people who go on a mission and can balance together. Elaborating on those mechanics needs a smaller scale at first. With Justice League the scale is as big as it gets. And it's not often that all the Justice League fight together side-by-side. The Avengers game being that it's a single player mission based action-adventure game has a modest set of goals to achieve. So you can do big showpiece moments and allow one character and the other the moment and then bring the group together.

Rocksteady however have always been gameplay driven systems-centric, so to play as a squad through the team they would want it something that can work all-at-once at-a-glance.

BANNED

Given the news about the massive layoffs at DC/WB today, I wonder if AT&T have been angling to divest the company and wondering what to keep and what to axe, and WB games managed to escape the axe in a way the comics side didn't?

Suicide Squad might be an evolution of the "Dual Play" partner system in Arkham Knight where Batman enters a fight with another Batfamily (Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman) and mid-battle he can switch by pulling a team-up beatdown and you go from fighting as Batman to Nightwing/Robin/Catwoman. That was one of the major innovations in Arkham Knight in terms of gameplay and style.

You can probably build and elaborate on that with a group of superpowered people who go on a mission and can balance together. Elaborating on those mechanics needs a smaller scale at first. With Justice League the scale is as big as it gets. And it's not often that all the Justice League fight together side-by-side. The Avengers game being that it's a single player mission based action-adventure game has a modest set of goals to achieve. So you can do big showpiece moments and allow one character and the other the moment and then bring the group together.

Rocksteady however have always been gameplay driven systems-centric, so to play as a squad through the team they would want it something that can work all-at-once at-a-glance.
    I think it'll probably be a lot like Avengers in terms of having a strong mission-based structure carried by an overarching storyline carried by free future content, but maybe with more tactical gameplay because Deadshot is more likely to stick in the back and pick targets off than go into the field for melee combat.

Given the news about the massive layoffs at DC/WB today, I wonder if AT&T have been angling to divest the company and wondering what to keep and what to axe, and WB games managed to escape the axe in a way the comics side didn't?
    I'm sure this likely is a big reason. Someone there was like...HOLD THE **** ON HERE. Your gonna sell our division where we have literal licenses to print fucking money in Star Wars Lego games ? Are you stupid ?

And they went the layoff rout instead.

AT&T will keep wb games after all. They changed their minds.

https://www.ign.com/articles/att-no-...t-harry-potter

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    AT&T will keep wb games after all. They changed their minds.

https://www.ign.com/articles/att-no-...t-harry-potter
    No one is shocked at this. This is a division due to make billions of dollars the next year or 2 with video game sales. The Lego Game licenses are BIG and do well. Its not a shock they changed their minds. It was more stupid to try and unload this division.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    No one is shocked at this. This is a division due to make billions of dollars the next year or 2 with video game sales. The Lego Game licenses are BIG and do well. Its not a shock they changed their minds. It was more stupid to try and unload this division.
    Especially considering it's the one area where they have succeeded in where their corporate competitors failed. I bet Disney envies their success in the video game realm.