Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default Warner DC Games Details Leaked?

So apparently rumours have suggested that two DC games are planned to be revealed at the DC Fandome event in August:

• Gotham Knights, which is developed by Warner Montreal and is the next instalment of the Arkham series. Rumours previously have implied that the game is set after Arkham Knight and concerns Dick Grayson as the new Batman alongside Red Hood, Tim Drake’s Robin and Batwoman as they face the Court of Owls who are attempting to control the city after Bruce Wayne’s apparent death. It’s been also suggested that the game is playable both single player and co-operatively. This appears to be for current consoles and will be released early next year.
    • Suicide Squad which is Rocksteady’s new game (not Justice League sadly) and involves a system that sounds similar to Square Enix’s upcoming Avengers game - with single player and multiplayer aspects with a games as service model. No story beats but I would presume this will feature several members of the ex super villains team, especially Harley Quinn.

Will have to see how true this is in August. Both games sound interesting. Warner is also supposedly working on both new Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings games, though I don’t know if AT and T’s apparent plans to sell Warner Games off might effect those.

I've heard "Gotham Knights" is a full-on reboot with playable Batman, Robin, Batgirl, and Nightwing. It would make sense if they're not going to use the Arkham name again.

I'm curious what Rocksteady will bring to the table with the Suicide Squad that WB Montreal couldn't pull off. Will you play OC's alongside typical Squad members? Will you play as actual DC Comics characters? I also hope the Games As Service model isn't too prevalent in the game.

Maybe. I think I would be a bit disappointed if they abandoned the Arkhamverse so aggressively after such desire by many for more games in its continuity, but given the cancellation of the previous game with Damian and perhaps Warner and DC’s fears that no one would accept a game without Bruce as Batman (which given the fact we’re getting a Miles Morales Spider-Man game is silly) maybe it’s not a bad thing. I can expect some backlash if they do though.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I really wish we had gotten Arkham Legacy as a name. Because it would fit the name and really you can reboot the series from there. Hell be a cool plot if Ra's plans to use the Lazarus pit to revive Bruce Wayne. Which has Dick and family learn at the end.

I will wait on Suicide Squad. Rocksteady's game as service model is one that has been rumored awhile.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I really wish we had gotten Arkham Legacy as a name. Because it would fit the name and really you can reboot the series from there. Hell be a cool plot if Ra's plans to use the Lazarus pit to revive Bruce Wayne. Which has Dick and family learn at the end.

I will wait on Suicide Squad. Rocksteady's game as service model is one that has been rumored awhile.
    I'd have liked Arkham Beyond (or Beyond Arkham), as an adaptation of Batman Beyond starting 40-50 years after Arkham Knight.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Maybe. I think I would be a bit disappointed if they abandoned the Arkhamverse so aggressively after such desire by many for more games in its continuity, but given the cancellation of the previous game with Damian and perhaps Warner and DC’s fears that no one would accept a game without Bruce as Batman (which given the fact we’re getting a Miles Morales Spider-Man game is silly) maybe it’s not a bad thing. I can expect some backlash if they do though.
    I think people will probably just be happy to have another Batman game, especially if it implements the family better then Knight did.

BANNED

Rocksteady said they wanted to do other stuff after Arkham Knight (a game I loved a lot more than others do and think is the best of the lot).

Suicide Squad is a little unexpected and somewhat of a comedown. But I am sure that they'll find a great way to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Rocksteady said they wanted to do other stuff after Arkham Knight (a game I loved a lot more than others do and think is the best of the lot).

Suicide Squad is a little unexpected and somewhat of a comedown. But I am sure that they'll find a great way to make it work.
    Apparently the subtitle of SS is ‘Kill The Justice League’ so they clearly seem to be doing something distinctive there.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Apparently the subtitle of SS is ‘Kill The Justice League’ so they clearly seem to be doing something distinctive there.
    It would be kind of hilarious if they work in the Arkhamverse Justice League in a game where the plot is to kill them .

This all sounds great but by reading posts here I think I understood arkham knight wrong. Sounds like people think Bruce is really dead. I thought what the ending was saying was he faked his death and killed off the Bruce Wayne persona so he can be Batman full time. And now he's not a the public batman who works with the police but a Myth who terrifies and stalks the criminals of Gotham. You know because they are superstitious and cowardly lot and all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This all sounds great but by reading posts here I think I understood arkham knight wrong. Sounds like people think Bruce is really dead. I thought what the ending was saying was he faked his death and killed off the Bruce Wayne persona so he can be Batman full time. And now he's not a the public batman who works with the police but a Myth who terrifies and stalks the criminals of Gotham. You know because they are superstitious and cowardly lot and all.
    That's the official takeaway more or less.

Arkham Knight as a game is a tragic deconstruction of Batman, showing the consequences of Batman's usually unchecked self-destructive actions. He's a manipulative, emotionally cold, self-righteous guy who always thinks and believes that he, and he alone, knows what to do, how to do, and should be alone. So in that entire game, he does a bunch of erratic short-sighted actions that ultimately lead him to have his identity exposed to the world.

The story is essentially a "last superhero story", it's the LOGAN of games. To me the entire final part where everyone knows you are Bruce Wayne and you can wander around and all the conversations reflect on that was a total genius move. An example of how something that in comics is done in What-If and other elseworlds stuff when applied to a new medium and genre (i.e. open world video games) suddenly becomes a new kind of thing.

Spectacular Member

I'm not getting my hopes up about this WB Montreal Batman game until an official announcement hits. Various sources have cried wolf so many times now on when we can expect an announcement, what the title will be, who will be playable, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueElf94 View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up about this WB Montreal Batman game until an official announcement hits. Various sources have cried wolf so many times now on when we can expect an announcement, what the title will be, who will be playable, etc.
    There's at least been some consistency as far as the Court of Owls and the Batfamily being involved.

If it's not at the FanDome event, I don't see it getting announced at all.

Microsoft wants wb games and batman?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mi.../1100-6479379/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Microsoft wants wb games and batman?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mi.../1100-6479379/

Honestly not sure how this works in terms of licensing/rights.

If Microsoft buys Rocksteady and WB games they have rights to assets and stuff from the Arkham games and Injustice games but not on the broader DC license unless that's somehow included.

I actually don't know why AT&T are planning to sell off WB Games to be honest. It seemed to be doing pretty well for itself all things considering.