Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 161
  1. #106
    Fantastic Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    That's not time travel though.

  2. #107
    BANNED The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    That's because Speed force allows them. Once it didn't, they couldn't travel in time no matter how

    Flash 50-51.
    Eh no. That was just Zoom screwing up stuff. And it doesnt change that you had to be FTL to travel through time even when the speed force was a thing that allowed time travel

    If speed force was all you needed to time travel Jay or Max or Wally himself could have done it long before he actually did
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 06-27-2020 at 07:48 AM.

  3. #108
    BANNED The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    That's not time travel though.
    It is however a speed thing Jay is otherwise incapable of that he manages with the treadmill

  4. #109
    BANNED The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Then there is this, unrelated to the Flash, from Superman mythos

    https://i.postimg.cc/YqvX9mcH/image.jpg

    It seems you really have to be FTL to break the time barrier under your own power

  5. #110
    BANNED The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    I'm all for rebirth Superman being FTL, if and when the feats show up. The cosmic treadmill feat is just not conclusive proof

    Personally the Action 1000 feat of stopping a bullet already fired to a women's temple while he is clearly far away from the city is my favourite speed feat so far

    https://m.imgur.com/a/WroE00F
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 06-27-2020 at 08:10 AM.

  6. #111
    Fantastic Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Eh no. That was just Zoom screwing up stuff. And it doesnt change that you had to be FTL to travel through time even when the speed force was a thing that allowed time travel

    If speed force was all you needed to time travel Jay or Max or Wally himself could have done it long before he actually did
    Nope, Wally tried his hardest later couldn't travel in time at all. Read Flash 51.

  7. #112
    Fantastic Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    It is however a speed thing Jay is otherwise incapable of that he manages with the treadmill
    Fair enough. But that's not really the point here and it really doesn't proves that the treadmill allows travel in time at less than lightspeed.

  8. #113
    Fantastic Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Then there is this, unrelated to the Flash, from Superman mythos

    https://i.postimg.cc/YqvX9mcH/image.jpg

    It seems you really have to be FTL to break the time barrier under your own power
    Well that was like 5 reboots ago and it was later revealed that Time Trapper gave him power to travel through time, not being FTL.

  9. #114
    Fantastic Member Superfan90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    I'm all for rebirth Superman being FTL, if and when the feats show up. The cosmic treadmill feat is just not conclusive proof

    Personally the Action 1000 feat of stopping a bullet already fired to a women's temple while he is clearly far away from the city is my favourite speed feat so far

    https://m.imgur.com/a/WroE00F
    Fair enough but I think it is.

    My favourite was the moon rebuilding.

  10. #115
    BANNED The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Fair enough. But that's not really the point here and it really doesn't proves that the treadmill allows travel in time at less than lightspeed.
    No chain lightning shows you can time travel without being FTL

    Since you mentioned Johns, in JSA a few years after Chain lightning we know Jay still isnt FTL, just like he wasnt in chain lightning. Johns wrote this

    Johns also wrote JSA years later showing the treadmill allows Jay to keep doing stuff he cant with just his own speed

    All this leads to the conclusion that the below Light speed Jay can achieve time travel and dimensional travel through the treadmill, things he cant do on his own

    Therefore superman time travelling with the treadmill isn't proof of him being FTL

  11. #116
    BANNED The Dork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Nope, Wally tried his hardest later couldn't travel in time at all. Read Flash 51.
    The point being this retcon, such as it is, doesnt change the fact that earlier even when the speed force permitted time travel, it only did so once you crossed the light barrier

    To say it was the speed force that allowed Flashes to time travel earlier is then to ignore the times it didnt, just because they failed to cross lightspeed

    That it now altogether doesnt allow anybody doesnt change the mechanics of when it did allow, it only allowed the FTL ones not just anybody with the speedforce

  12. #117
    Astonishing Member Cody's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,889

    Default

    Its a weird day when Dork Knight is debunking a claim about Superman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Physically grabbing an released Black Hole to stop it is like throwing a sandwich at Galactus to stop him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I stand by my belief of Toriyama seeing a certain match online and going "Oh Yeah?!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Every time you say the name of some kind of nonsense martial art, an angel gets its wings, and Val Armorr learns the martial art, retroactively founds it, then super karates the angel unconscious with it.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

  13. #118
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,180

    Default

    Welp! Beaten to mentioning just a pile of stuff.

    *goes to make lunch or something I guess!*

  14. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Welp! Beaten to mentioning just a pile of stuff.

    *goes to make lunch or something I guess!*
    Why make lunch when a perfectly good Denny's restaurant is just around the corner?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

  15. #120
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Welp! Beaten to mentioning just a pile of stuff.

    *goes to make lunch or something I guess!*
    Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Why make lunch when a perfectly good Denny's restaurant is just around the corner?
    The Arbitus continues to ply the King of Rumblers with honeyed words in a bid to lure the magnificent hunter into the kill-pit; and yet I, the humble Sir Cthulhu Attenborough cannot help but wonder if the Arbitus might be better served attempting such tricks, on lesser fare.

    *sips tea*
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •