Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Man, Black Racer's design is a whole-ass mood.
    It’s official. I no longer understand the English language.

I mean... wut.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Superman is able to run fast enough to travel back in time via cosmic treadmill in Rebirth which needs to be powered by tachyons. Clearest sign of FTL running.
    Not sure how the treadmill works now, but it used to be the vehicle for time travel for those incapable of doing so under their own power.

If Wally or Barry can still travel back in time without the aid of the treadmill, then they are clearly faster than Clark. As far as delineating levels of speed for Flashs, used to be divided as sound barrier, light barrier, time barrier, dimensional barrier and finally the speed force barrier...all levels transcended under their own power by Barry and Wally. Clark post Crisis and forward was never able to transcend the time barrier under his own power. Hence, he needed the cosmic treadmill to travel time.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    It was when Barry and Wally had their..."great race" that Wally barely won. Superman was completely incapable of keeping up with them despite flying, and was out of breath when he stopped. At the end of the comic was this chart:

As you can see, despite a flying Superman being listed below RF, and showed to be slower than Barry and Wally even when flying in the same comic this chart appeared in, the text box still claims that he is faster than them while flying, yet just barely slower than RF when running...

So how did he beat Barry in a race? Was he flying or running?
    This chart is worth about as much as a Marvel guide book or power grid especially since the writer of the story wrote a character faster than any of them (Zolomon) in this very story (Flash War)

The actual comic has Superman being nowhere close to the Flashes

The other comic I'm talking about has Superman winning the race on foot. That's just what happened in the comic tho and may not amount to much in terms of actual Rumbles feats
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 06-26-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    This chart is worth about as much as a Marvel guide book or power grid especially since the writer of the story wrote a character faster than any of them (Zolomon) in this very story (Flash War)

The actual comic has Superman being nowhere close to the Flashes

The other comic I'm talking about has Superman winning the race on foot. That's just what happened in the comic tho and may not amount to much in terms of actual Rumbles feats
    I see. I thought that was Thawn, not Zoom. And based on the exchange between you and Pendaran, the comic might not even be canon?
    Last edited by Cody; 06-26-2020 at 01:29 PM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It’s official. I no longer understand the English language.

I mean... wut.
    Can you not feel it?

The skis? The scythes? The pointy helmet?

Does that not just vibe with you on some level?! It's Kirbyism but Kirbyism as ran through the filter of "**** me let's try and make it look okay in the modern era and in line with our current design sensibilities, oh god it's not working, it's everywhere, so many dots and ... is that a ghost man with a fedora? What is happening?"

I see. I thought that was Thawn, not Zoom.
    In the main comic its zolomon, in this splash page its Thawne. Zolomon is faster than anyone in the main comic and specifically not the Reverse Flash shown in this page

And based on the exchange between you and Pendaran, the comic might not even be canon?
    Yep. Could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Can you not feel it?

The skis? The scythes? The pointy helmet?

Does that not just vibe with you on some level?! It's Kirbyism but Kirbyism as ran through the filter of "**** me let's try and make it look okay in the modern era and in line with our current design sensibilities, oh god it's not working, it's everywhere, so many dots and ... is that a ghost man with a fedora? What is happening?"
    It’s... it’s terrible. It’s like someone crossed Ganondorf with Marvin the Martian and then said “Let’s add more spikiness. And skis. And scythes.”

I mean... skis. I know Norrin has his surfboard, but if he had to travel round tight corners by foot, Black Racer would be completely stymied. Or climb some stairs.

Spectacular Member

Whatever else you say about Norrin's surfboard, it isn't built into his shoes.

The Black Racer has a goofy design. I don't know if it ever looked cool, but you either work with it or toss it out. You don't try to bad ass it up, because it just looks even more ridiculous.

That just requires lightspeed movement iirc.
    No, it requires FTL running.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Not sure how the treadmill works now, but it used to be the vehicle for time travel for those incapable of doing so under their own power.

If Wally or Barry can still travel back in time without the aid of the treadmill, then they are clearly faster than Clark. As far as delineating levels of speed for Flashs, used to be divided as sound barrier, light barrier, time barrier, dimensional barrier and finally the speed force barrier...all levels transcended under their own power by Barry and Wally. Clark post Crisis and forward was never able to transcend the time barrier under his own power. Hence, he needed the cosmic treadmill to travel time.
    No, in current continuity and since established by Johns in his Flash run, it's used for precise time travel. Its still only fuelled by the kinetic energy of the user.

No, it requires FTL running.
    Source?

Limit
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Source?

Limit

Barry states that he followed the tachyon trail of the treadmill which means the treadmill has to go FTL to travel through time.

And its fuelled by kinetic energy.

More importantly, running on treadmill at the lightspeed doesn't makes you time travel, just access the speed force.

Barry states that he followed the tachyon trail of the treadmill which means the treadmill has to go FTL to travel through time.

And its fuelled by kinetic energy.

More importantly, running on treadmill at the lightspeed doesn't makes you time travel, just access the speed force.

They travel through time via the speed force. All your scans showed is that lightspeed is required to go through that. And Superman cannot access the speed force, so all he would need is to be going at lightspeed to go through time.

This is disregarding the consistency surrounding his near light status on here.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Those scans don't seem to be showing what you say they show.

They travel through time via the speed force. All your scans showed is that lightspeed is required to go through that. And Superman cannot access the speed force, so all he would need is to be going at lightspeed to go through time.

This is disregarding the consistency surrounding his near light status on here.
    What? They travel through time via speed force by traveling faster than light, cosmic treadmill is just for precise time.

Why would Superman suddenly travel through time at lightspeed then?