Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superman vs Thragg

Who’d win, it’s Thragg bs current Superman

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Superman is currently, I believe, the most powerful he's been since Pre-Crisis.

He messes up Thragg real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Superman is currently, I believe, the most powerful he's been since Pre-Crisis.

He messes up Thragg real bad.
    Wait, he's at precrisis levels now? How?

Also, this is Thragg from INVINCIBLE right? Pretty sure even Golden Age Superman could take him on by the end of his career.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

I dont think he means he's at pre crisis levels, just that is the closest he's come to that level outside the pre crisis era.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    I dont think he means he's at pre crisis levels, just that is the closest he's come to that level outside the pre crisis era.
    Yup. And he would be right. The last feat I saw was Clark breaking chains used to tug stars around.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Precisely my meaning.

So quick question, I know rebirth Clark incorporates post crisis continuity with new 52 continuity...but like, is there some of new 52 that isnt a part? Do we still count for example, Clark benching the equivalent of earth's mass for several days on end? That alone, plus near light combat makes Clark pretty formidable.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yup. And he would be right. The last feat I saw was Clark breaking chains used to tug stars around.
    That...would actually place him more in pre crisis camp than not I think? Minus faster speed of pre crisis Clark....
    ----------------------

Ultimate Member

Current Superman leaps off planets and shatters them in the process when he exerts himself. Note that he was sun drained when he did this.

He's fast enough to fly to the moon, beat up a monster and continue a conversation with Martian Manhunter...all within seconds.

There's no scenario where Thragg wins this.

That’s just stupid strong now.

That...would actually place him more in pre crisis camp than not I think? Minus faster speed of pre crisis Clark....
    Pre Crisis Clark tugged chains of planets around and hucked about compressed neutron stars so... not reaaaallly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Pre Crisis Clark tugged chains of planets around and hucked about compressed neutron stars so... not reaaaallly.
    I was initially thinking this but have since changed my mind a bit.

Assuming we take the feat in question at face value, it stacks up quite nicely with the feats you mentioned when you really think about it.

A neutron star is not necessarily more massive then most stars for example. Just more dense. Moving one pretty much equals moving a star. They are pretty comparable. So tossing a neutron star is kinda the same as dragging a star, something the chains supposedly do. It's just moving solar mass from one place to another in the galaxy after all.

Same with all of those planets getting pulled. Even a smallish star is much more massive then the combined weight of all the planets we see on panel.

Of course, PC Clark still has the whole "snuff out stars with a sneeze" thing going for him. Which given the relative force difference between a sneeze and an actual exertion of your body's primary muscle groups should still place him well above current Clark.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

BANNED

So is he stronger then Superboy prime now

A neutron star is not necessarily more massive then most stars for example. Just more dense. Moving one pretty much equals moving a star. They are pretty comparable. So tossing a neutron star is kinda the same as dragging a star, something the chains supposedly do. It's just moving solar mass from one place to another in the galaxy after all.
    He threw it with one hand into another galaxy.

So again.... no.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He threw it with one hand into another galaxy.

So again.... no.
    The chains were designed to move stars between galaxies as well. The distance tossed is even to what the chains are stated to be able to do.

If you are implying that the one handed aspect of it is the important part, well the chains supposedly dont get damaged doing what they are intended to do. Like, I doubt its particularly stressful or difficult for them to perform their stated function. Yet Clark overwhelms and shatters them. And not just at the point of contact. They crumble into pieces at their thickest points literally meters away from his arms.

It's like if Houdini didnt just break a handcuff link, but instead shredded ever piece of the handcuff into junk.

I'm not arguing PC Clark isnt stronger based on other stuff, I'm just not seeing it from this example. In both cases "moves solar masses from galaxy to galaxy" is the baseline.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure