Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marcbazie123 View Post
    That's great and all but it has nothing to do with Superman, who didn't even move a star. He broke chains that could be used to do that. The number of chains, width, acceleration of the stars, the galaxy, the distance -- not even mentioned.
    Hey, since you are such a stickler for the specifics, I guess you are totally cool with the Neutron Star being only trillions of tons right? After all, the specific weight is specifically mentioned in exposition.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Also, wouldn't breaking those chains, and shattering a planet just by jumping off of it coincide with a guy who benched Earths weight for days on end while only shedding a single drop of sweat? I wouldn't really say they are all that far above that feat tbh, considering the ease he was benching it. I'm probably wrong though...

Hows Supermans speed and durability these days? Does he have any lightspeed+ feats yet?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Excuse me.

I was quite proud of my World's Strongest Man poops himself joke.
    It was a solid segway. Although I now have very unpleasant images of Eddie Hall in my brain.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Also, wouldn't breaking those chains, and shattering a planet just by jumping off of it coincide with a guy who benched Earths weight for days on end while only shedding a single drop of sweat? I wouldn't really say they are all that far above that feat tbh, considering the ease he was benching it. I'm probably wrong though...

Hows Supermans speed and durability these days? Does he have any lightspeed+ feats yet?
    The mass of the Earth is absolutely microscopic compared to that of an average star. Stars are something like 500,000 times as massive as Earth on an average. Some stars are way WAY larger.
    - big_adventure

BANNED

Dude, that is a question that can only be answered with "Yes/No". Both being as equally right as they are wrong.

Prime originated back in the Silver age, and was presented as a precrisis Kryptonian who was immune due red sunlight. Yet, throughout the entirety of his time during post crisis, even after getting a buff via turning into an adult, he varied radically in power in a panel per panel basis, with showings ranging from being radically below Pre crisis levels(his flash phobia being a glaring example), to radically above it(such as him smacking around a 5D imp and killing the Anti Monitor who was far more powerful than he was back when he killed Pre crisis Supergirl despite not being anywhere near as powerful as he was when he clashed with the Spectre).

So...that is why your question is hard to answer.
    No idea why he could smack around an imp...he did beat Anti Monitor, also didn’t a guardian kill himself trying to destroy SBP? And he shrugged off the JSA and others when the sun came up

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    No idea why he could smack around an imp...he did beat Anti Monitor, also didn’t a guardian kill himself trying to destroy SBP? And he shrugged off the JSA and others when the sun came up
    You have just created excellent Pendaran bait.

Under the smokescreen of your arguments, I can now safely assert whatever I'd like without fear of retaliation from him. He will be too distracted.

*Ahem* Thor v Durok was a legit showing.
    - big_adventure

I dont believe so, but Rebirth effectively makes Clark his old near light self. In other words, still pretty effing fast.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    It was a solid segway. Although I now have very unpleasant images of Eddie Hall in my brain.
    Dude, you may be safe from the wild, ravenous pack of Pendarans (cue Cthulhu Attenborough), but I can’t let you get away with that.

A Segway is a two-wheeled powered scootery-thing. A link from one topic to another is a segue.

You’re never safe from Beadle, the Ever-Vigilant Grammar Nazi.

All-New Member

Hey, since you are such a stickler for the specifics, I guess you are totally cool with the Neutron Star being only trillions of tons right? After all, the specific weight is specifically mentioned in exposition.
    I'm more impressed by the person who moved them

Tensile strength isn't a big deal

relatively speaking, in a universe where living beings move planets themselves, the amount of force required to move a star from it's place would still be relatively less than the amount of work required for a human being to move an object pinned by gravity and subject to surface friction (like a human pulling a truck). *comparison

^If you understand the definition of relativity)

the sun is not tethered by any other objects gravity. Relatively speaking, it wouldn't take much to push it out of its place. And once it began moving, it would take zero energy to keep it moving

a truck can be pulled with rope. It doesn't mean rope is stronger than the steel of the truck. It's a matter of inertial physics, not the rope being truck tier Same applies to the chains used to haul stars.

The point of the entire book was a bunch of obstacles where people were clearly lying to Clark to demoralize him and derail him finding the girl. The story firmly establishes this fact. That unbreakable metal is no different.

He was CERTAINLY lying about them being unbreakable, which is kind of the fulcrum that whole feat pivots on

The mass of the Earth is absolutely microscopic compared to that of an average star. Stars are something like 500,000 times as massive as Earth on an average. Some stars are way WAY larger.
    I thought the sun was like, 1.3 millionx the size of Earth? And consider the fact that the weight of the earth to him was like what the weight of a feather is to us...you sure that wouldn't hint to comparable strength? I mean to do it so long would suggest he could lift the planet up with his pinky wouldn't it?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Yeah but all the other times he was at full power he was still getting blitzed by speedsters who are statues to PC Kryptonians and harmed(even slightly)by post crisis kryptonians and the like. Iirc Alex Luthor smacked him around too.

Dude was all over the place all the time is all I'm saying.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

I thought the sun was like, 1.3 millionx the size of Earth? And consider the fact that the weight of the earth to him was like what the weight of a feather is to us...you sure that wouldn't hint to comparable strength? I mean to do it so long would suggest he could lift the planet up with his pinky wouldn't it?
    The Sun is 864,400 miles (1,391,000 kilometers) across. This is about 109 times the diameter of Earth. The Sun weighs about 333,000 times as much as Earth. It is so large that about 1,300,000 planet Earths can fit inside of it.

Google!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I'm more impressed by the person who moved them

Tensile strength isn't a big deal

relatively speaking, in a universe where living beings move planets themselves, the amount of force required to move a star from it's place would still be relatively less than the amount of work required for a human being to move an object pinned by gravity and subject to surface friction (like a human pulling a truck). *comparison

^If you understand the definition of relativity)

the sun is not tethered by any other objects gravity. Relatively speaking, it wouldn't take much to push it out of its place. And once it began moving, it would take zero energy to keep it moving

a truck can be pulled with rope. It doesn't mean rope is stronger than the steel of the truck. It's a matter of inertial physics, not the rope being truck tier Same applies to the chains used to haul stars.

The point of the entire book was a bunch of obstacles where people were clearly lying to Clark to demoralize him and derail him finding the girl. The story firmly establishes this fact. That unbreakable metal is no different.

He was CERTAINLY lying about them being unbreakable, which is kind of the fulcrum that whole feat pivots on
    I asked you if you were cool with the neutron star weighing "trillions" of tons. You brought up the lack of context for the chains. I brought up the explicitly stated context for the neutron star as a rebuttal.

It feels odd to me to hate on the lack of specifics in one feat but then ignore the given specifics of the other. So, again, are you cool with it weighing trillions of tons?
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Dude, you may be safe from the wild, ravenous pack of Pendarans (cue Cthulhu Attenborough), but I can’t let you get away with that.

A Segway is a two-wheeled powered scootery-thing. A link from one topic to another is a segue.

You’re never safe from Beadle, the Ever-Vigilant Grammar Nazi.
    HAH! My trap worked! Attenborough, now is your chance to study the wild Beadle up close!
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Setting aside real world physics, this is very good to know. Do you happen to remember the issue number?