Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    As this thread has turned into... things... and as nothing has otherwise really refuted the point I'm noting here as far as why the chains thing isn't remotely on par with the star tossing bit, I'm just going to mention that the wild inconsistencies, mind blowing stupidity of his enemies and what all else could be said about Superboy Prime, I'm going to note that the Imp thing happened while he was temporarily powered up, on top of everything else.
    Well there's this calc for that star hauling feat

When moving a star, you have to overcome it's inertia which is proportional to it's mass.

https://www.calculatorsoup.com/calcu...ment_v_a_t.php

If a star were to move from the Milky Way Galaxy to the Andromeda Galaxy within a year the star would need to accelerate 48256000 m/s^2.

F = m*a

The amound of force needed to accelerate a sun this much is 9.59812E+37 Newtons.

So, sounds like you're saying Clark might've been working out on the side?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Yyyeaaaah, but that doesn't really make any of the new stuff in them canon is I guess my thing. The new material was published as Walmart exclusives before that whole project fell apart.

Was that ever cleared up anywhere thereby? Where all that material sits I mean.
    They re-released the new material as a paperback. Considering it was released with canon material in the first place and there is nothing actively contradicting present continuity I don't see why this should be treated as any different than any other mini series

Also the thing is DC generally stick an Elseworlds or DC Black or All Star or whatever label on things that are explicitly not canon.
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 06-26-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Oh and speaking of more feats, Superman blew up Warworld from inside while standing in the middle of the explosion

https://i.postimg.cc/rpHBq1rq/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/1tNLX8Gw/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/qqVW3pwY/image.jpg
    Last edited by The Dork Knight; 06-26-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    They re-released the new material as a paperback. Considering it was released with canon material in the first place and there is nothing actively contradicting present continuity I don't see why this should be treated as any different than any other mini series

Also the thing is DC generally stick an Elseworlds or DC Black or All Star or whatever label on things that are explicitly not canon.
    Basically my hesitation with it is that the original intent of the Walmart exclusive stuff was that it was supposed to be "evergreen" material specifically outside of whatever might be going on in direct market comics. This was back when 5g was still going to be a thing and etc.

It makes me reluctant to treat material from it as canonical.

In the same series where he snapped those chains he beat the Flash outright in a race for I think the first time ever. They made a point of noting that they were both trying their best to win the race too.

Idk how that stacks up against some other stuff though recently there was a comic where Daxamites nearly caught up to Barry Allen going his fastest, as in trying to break through the time barrier
    What Superman flying during the race? I mean him beating the flash in either flight or running speed completely contradicts the whole "Great Race" between Barry and Sally which jad a flying Superman completely unable to keep up with them, while the chart at the end of the comic has a flying Superman listed as just a bit slower than Barry(despite the description box contradicting both the chart and the comic by saying he can fly faster than Wally and Barry can run while also claiming his running speed is just below Barry's), so id like to know how the heck he can beat the Flash.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    What Superman flying during the race? I mean him beating the flash in either flight or running speed completely contradicts the whole "Great Race" between Barry and Sally which jad a flying Superman completely unable to keep up with them, while the chart at the end of the comic has a flying Superman listed as just a bit slower than Barry(despite the description box contradicting both the chart and the comic by saying he can fly faster than Wally and Barry can run while also claiming his running speed is just below Barry's), so id like to know how the heck he can beat the Flash.
    "Plot force".

Rebirth Superman should be able to fly faster than light, but since when has Clark post Crisis onward been able to run faster than light? And last I checked, Barry Allan at least in nu 52 was well beyond the light speed barrier. Did he take a step back in Rebirth?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Basically my hesitation with it is that the original intent of the Walmart exclusive stuff was that it was supposed to be "evergreen" material specifically outside of whatever might be going on in direct market comics. This was back when 5g was still going to be a thing and etc.

It makes me reluctant to treat material from it as canonical.
    I guess...fair enough. But do we treat stuff like Superman for all Seasons as non canon just by virtue of being "evergreen"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I don't know which comic you are referring to. Which "Great Race" was this?

I guess...fair enough. But do we treat stuff like Superman for all Seasons as non canon just by virtue of being "evergreen"?
    I feel like Superman for All Seasons particularly became almost its own little mini continuity for a while.

I'm just leery of otherwise setting unfortunate precedents, it's not as though Rebirth Superman otherwise lacks for impressive performances.

I don't know which comic you are referring to. Which "Great Race" was this?
    It was when Barry and Wally had their..."great race" that Wally barely won. Superman was completely incapable of keeping up with them despite flying, and was out of breath when he stopped. At the end of the comic was this chart:

As you can see, despite a flying Superman being listed below RF, and showed to be slower than Barry and Wally even when flying in the same comic this chart appeared in, the text box still claims that he is faster than them while flying, yet just barely slower than RF when running...

So how did he beat Barry in a race? Was he flying or running?
    Last edited by Cody; 06-26-2020 at 09:47 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Rebirth Superman should be able to fly faster than light, but since when has Clark post Crisis onward been able to run faster than light? And last I checked, Barry Allan at least in nu 52 was well beyond the light speed barrier. Did he take a step back in Rebirth?
    Superman is able to run fast enough to travel back in time via cosmic treadmill in Rebirth which needs to be powered by tachyons. Clearest sign of FTL running.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Man, Black Racer's design is a whole-ass mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Superman is able to run fast enough to travel back in time via cosmic treadmill in Rebirth which needs to be powered by tachyons. Clearest sign of FTL running.
    That just requires lightspeed movement iirc.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral