Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Deep Blue X-men

BANNED

Are there any energy manipulating, mutant, underwater dwellers?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Are there any energy manipulating, mutant, underwater dwellers?
    Meggan (the blonde from ‘80’s and ‘90’s Excalibur) could harness elemental and primal energy. I’ve seen her become dolphin-like and swim alongside a pod of them; she also went toe to toe with Juggernaut by drawing upon elemental forces, for instance. I do not believe she’s a mutant, more like fae, but she’s Betsy Braddock’s sister in law, so she’d be ideal.

Would Emma Frost be a candidate? Does her crystalline form enable her to perform deep dives? A telepath is always useful...

lol I feel like she'd sink like a stone . Probably couldn't breathe either .. definitely wouldn't wish it on her
    This might be the one x-team setup a telepath cant wheedle into .. unless I'm missing someone

She doesn't breath in diamond form, but unless she's a crazy good swimmer I don't think she'd work.

Jean's TK works to withstand pressure and create air bubbles like in Red but like if she loses control or she passes out she'd suffocate, so probably a team full of water breathers would be better.

BANNED

Perhaps, I was not very definitive with my query... Are there any mutant underwater dwellers that can manipulate energy?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Perhaps, I was not very definitive with my query... Are there any mutant underwater dwellers that can manipulate energy?
    Meggan comes to mind, Crosta created energy waves.

Not necessarily a mutant, but an amphibious hero I definitely want to see more of: Koi Boi!

Also with all of the different super scientists on Krakoa, they should be able to create really advanced scuba gear, we shouldn't necessarily limit this to water breathers. There's plenty of mutants whose powers would work awesomely under the sea

Magma could manipulate hydrothermal vents and submarine volcanos, she'd actually be closer to the tectonic plates and the Earth's core
    Lifeguard could adapt into her mermaid form
    Jetstream might have more control of his powers underwater since he wouldn't catch fire, he'd be like a torpedo
    Neophyte's phase-shifting could be insane in the ocean. We already know he can merge with rain water to travel, so why not merge with the seawater and take people anywhere almost instantly?

The aquatic mutants. What a neat idea. They could all resort to a bay or cove on Krakoa.

Nia Noble
    Marrina (not a mutant but would fit in on Krakoa)
    Harmony
    Ocean
    Washout
    Mudbug
    Squidboy
    Purple Squidboy
    Bill and Don

Is there a 616 counterpart to 712’s Amphibian?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Also with all of the different super scientists on Krakoa, they should be able to create really advanced scuba gear, we shouldn't necessarily limit this to water breathers. There's plenty of mutants whose powers would work awesomely under the sea

Magma could manipulate hydrothermal vents and submarine volcanos, she'd actually be closer to the tectonic plates and the Earth's core
    Lifeguard could adapt into her mermaid form
    Jetstream might have more control of his powers underwater since he wouldn't catch fire, he'd be like a torpedo
    Neophyte's phase-shifting could be insane in the ocean. We already know he can merge with rain water to travel, so why not merge with the seawater and take people anywhere almost instantly?
    Ooh, good catch with Neophyte, he'd utterly rock using his powers in the ocean!

Interesting thought about Jetstream, as well. It would be interesting if his power could generate a fiery plasma not only in air, but even in oxygen-rich water, and he could have a fiery trail *underwater,* which would look funky and shocking to all the other underwater peeps, who don't get to see fire much.

Mighty Member

I bet Transonic's powers would let her adapt to the ocean currents. Heck they could pus Anole's powers and let him adapt to aquatic environments. Trance would be good in her energy form.

I wondered about Anole and almost added him to my list... but his current powerset... didn't think it allowed for a water environment. Though, that could change of course.

Does Face breathe? If not, another option.

That Pic... What is going on with Namorita's outfit there?! Its practically in her vagina. Her seaweed top is wacky too.

Storm commands wind and wave. She can separate water into hydrogen and oxygen(she can breathe underwater herself and provide oxygen for others), and command waves and currents just like she does the wind. She has even controlled surface tension to surf without a board!

waterbendoceanwave.jpg

surfacetension.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

if namor is a mutant means everyone on atlantis is a mutant? :O
    we can be heroes, just for one day