Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: X-Men vs LoSH

  1. #1
    Safari Grandma Sophicles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    438

    Default X-Men vs LoSH

    X-men
    Havok
    Emma Frost
    Polaris
    Beast
    Shadowcat
    Sunfire
    Colossus

    vs

    Legion of Superheroes:
    Lightning Lad
    Saturn Girl
    Cosmic Boy
    Timberwolf
    Phantom Girl
    Sun Boy
    Ferro Lad

    1. Team vs Team
    2. One on one fights:
    Havok vs Lightning Lad
    Emma Frost vs Saturn Girl
    Polaris vs Cosmic Boy
    Beast vs Timberwolf
    Shadowcat vs Phantom Girl
    Sunfire vs Sun Boy
    Colossus vs Ferro Lad
    Last edited by Sophicles; 06-21-2020 at 10:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Extraordinary Member Pendaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,180

    Default

    Which incarnation of the Legion? There are... a lot, at this point.

  3. #3
    Safari Grandma Sophicles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Let's try:

    1. Pre-Crisis

    2. Most current

  4. #4
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Down this road lies madness.

    Oh, I'm sorry, League, I meant:

    Madness Lad
    Crazy Gal
    WTF Boy
    Ridiculous Girl
    Therapy Lass
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  5. #5
    Death of Time Cronus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Wild West
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    As far as post crisis versions, wouldnt Saturn Girl pretty much solo? Hasn't she defeated Dr Psycho straight up in telepathy? Dr Pscho seems on a par with Martian Manhunter.
    "Before I met you, I'd go whole days without massacring a bunch of things. Honest."

  6. #6
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    As far as post crisis versions, wouldnt Saturn Girl pretty much solo? Hasn't she defeated Dr Psycho straight up in telepathy? Dr Pscho seems on a par with Martian Manhunter.
    Eh, she won't if she gets incinerated by any of the blaster-types on the marvel side. Also, Emma has proven very effective at providing psi defenses for people with her, even against telepaths stronger than she is. I wouldn't say it's trivial to get past her, even though someone who is MM level certainly could.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta

    "Get off my lawn!

    ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops."
    - Sharpandpointies

    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    I don't know enough about the Legion to offer a nuanced understanding of the differences between the Pre-Crisis and current versions of individual Legionnaires, but it seems like any version of the Legion flight ring offers the Legion a significant advantage in maneuverability and leaves a groundpounder like Colossus sitting on the bench. Don't the flight rings have some other abilities? Like resistance to temperature extremes and maybe even force field capabilities? On the other hand, the X-Men spend a lot of time training together in the Danger Room, though this particular X-lineup probably doesn't have much direct team experience together. I think that I would bet on the X-Men in a team fight.

    Match-ups:

    1. Havok vs Lightning Lad: quickdraw that could go either way, or result in mutual KO.

    2. Emma Frost vs Saturn Girl: based on the relative careers of the two characters, I suspect Saturn Girl has better high end feats, but Emma can turn into a diamond form that makes her immune to Saturn Girl's mental attacks. So Emma for the win.

    3. Polaris vs Cosmic Boy: Polaris doesn't have anything metallic in her costume, but Cosmic Boy is wearing a costume with metallic threads and a metal ring on his finger, so I think that gives Polaris an edge, especially the way "magnets" work so well in the 616 area code. Also, Polaris has feats for controlling the iron in blood.

    4. Beast vs Timber Wolf: Similar abilities, except that I think that Beast is at least twice as strong.

    5. Shadowcat vs Phantom Girl: Shadowcat has leet ninja training, while Phantom Girl probably doesn't even know about ninjas.

    6. Sunfire vs Sunboy: Sunfire wins, because he absorbs solar energy and converts it into heat blasts, radiation blasts, concussive force, or even flames. Sun Boy is immune to heat and radiation, but not concussive blasts, and his power seems to be solar-based.

    7. Colossus vs Ferro Lad: I don't know much about Ferro Lad, so I looked him up. His best feat is bending an iron bar, which sounds like a pretty low bar for Colossus to clear. Colossus has plenty of better feats.

  8. #8
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I don't know enough about the Legion to offer a nuanced understanding of the differences between the Pre-Crisis and current versions of individual Legionnaires, but it seems like any version of the Legion flight ring offers the Legion a significant advantage in maneuverability and leaves a groundpounder like Colossus sitting on the bench. Don't the flight rings have some other abilities? Like resistance to temperature extremes and maybe even force field capabilities? On the other hand, the X-Men spend a lot of time training together in the Danger Room, though this particular X-lineup probably doesn't have much direct team experience together. I think that I would bet on the X-Men in a team fight.
    You didn't take it far enough, Shellhead. The flight rings are the reason the LoSH win, since they work in outer space. The LoSH go into low orbit at the bell (Note that the Xmen team has no flyers/speeders with them). Then Cosmic Boy starts dropping satellites down on the Xmen (getting Havok, Polaris, Sunfire tired), while prepping Ferro Lad for a high speed run. That finishes everyone but Shadowcat, who then falls to Saturn Girl.

    Sure, if the LoSH fought them in the same arena, the Xmen win due to better teamwork. But in this case, the LoSh shouldn't go anywhere NEAR the Xmen.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    You didn't take it far enough, Shellhead. The flight rings are the reason the LoSH win, since they work in outer space. The LoSH go into low orbit at the bell (Note that the Xmen team has no flyers/speeders with them). Then Cosmic Boy starts dropping satellites down on the Xmen (getting Havok, Polaris, Sunfire tired), while prepping Ferro Lad for a high speed run. That finishes everyone but Shadowcat, who then falls to Saturn Girl.

    Sure, if the LoSH fought them in the same arena, the Xmen win due to better teamwork. But in this case, the LoSh shouldn't go anywhere NEAR the Xmen.
    The OP didn't specify so its in the Arena.

  10. #10
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    The OP didn't specify so its in the Arena.
    Can it be in the same room where Darksied is chilling on the couch? I feel like the guy wouldn't understand how a TV works and is probably in need of some entertainment.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Slade1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Can it be in the same room where Darksied is chilling on the couch? I feel like the guy wouldn't understand how a TV works and is probably in need of some entertainment.
    As long as they have Martha Kent's pies with them he should be fine.

  12. #12
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    You didn't take it far enough, Shellhead. The flight rings are the reason the LoSH win, since they work in outer space. The LoSH go into low orbit at the bell (Note that the Xmen team has no flyers/speeders with them). Then Cosmic Boy starts dropping satellites down on the Xmen (getting Havok, Polaris, Sunfire tired), while prepping Ferro Lad for a high speed run. That finishes everyone but Shadowcat, who then falls to Saturn Girl.

    Sure, if the LoSH fought them in the same arena, the Xmen win due to better teamwork. But in this case, the LoSh shouldn't go anywhere NEAR the Xmen.

    Note: The Battle is default Khazan, so they start off in sand, in clear visible of the other team, with no effing obstacles to prevent blasts.

    Also, if they did get to space, nothing to toss down. It’s not Earth.

    Also, Sunfire can fly and blast and Emma Frost boosts his psi defense.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •