Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Is this legit or is this one of those Kitty situations where she has like, 8 "best friends" who the fandom debates on superiority?

I thought Betsy & Dazzler were besties, and Storm & Jean were besties.
    I always thought that Betsy and Ororo were besties too. Uncanny X-Force might have influenced my mind if that is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I always thought that Betsy and Ororo were besties too. Uncanny X-Force might have influenced my mind if that is not true.
    I mean, I am by no means saying you're wrong -- I didn't read that installment and given their history together, it makes sense.

This now has me curious as to how/when I came to the conclusion about Betsy and Ali. Hmmm....

I mean, I am by no means saying you're wrong -- I didn't read that installment and given their history together, it makes sense.

This now has me curious as to how/when I came to the conclusion about Betsy and Ali. Hmmm....
    I guess Betsy/Ali is from the Outback era and they kind of pumped Betsy/Ali a bit at the start of Utopia but then I don't think they've ever interacted again.

I guess Betsy/Ali is from the Outback era and they kind of pumped Betsy/Ali a bit at the start of Utopia but then I don't think they've ever interacted again.
    Yes I recall a mini(?) that started with Besty and Ali on a motorcycle, going to help some of the students during the Utopia era?
    And then also Betsy consoling Ali at the conclusion of the one shot(?) that dealt with Ali reuniting/being confronted by her "evil" sister.

Yes.
    A Quick google search revealed the images:

You know what i just thought about. If they play up the god aspect of storm and her divine powers we could be in for her most trusted allies going to her ancestrial home and performing a ritual akin to the one we saw in black panther where they were putting their faith in Storm, effectively linking storm as the first official goddess of Krakoa.

According to BP she does have at least the god gene. Or some sort of divine gene that goes beyond regular mutant powers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

The character he added might be Elizabeth
    Attachment 97835
    it's betsy then, and tbh betsy has been very close to ororo for a while now, especially after avx where she was easly her right hand and one of the few to not constantly belittle her.

Upon further google imaging, and reflection on the whole concept of "best friend" I've come to the conclusion that application of such titles CAN BE (and frequently is) ONE sided.

Thusly, it is feasible for:

Jean to identify Storm as her best friend and vice versa.
    Betsy to identify Storm as HER best friend and vice versa.
    Dazzler to identify BETSY as HER best friend. Etc. Etc. and So on and so forth.
    The title is not necessarily always reciprocated.
    Then taking into account the ABSENCE of one side of that equation (Jean dying for example) and then fostering NEW "best friendships" (I'm looking at you, Outback era) is entirely believable and likely.

I've been thinking about this too much. Sorry for the derailment.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Mike Carey and Dauterman in a all woman book

After all Carey is a Clareamazon lover

Attachment 97863 something like this but with a rotatin cast and core members.

Maybe

Storm
    Emma
    Jean
    Rogue
    Kitty
    Betsy
    I would add Kwannon. I would trust Mike Carey to differentiate Betsy/Kwannon. He is the best.
    I wish he was given a mini to accept the challenge of moving things forward with these two. Like he did with Xavier and Rogue.

Upon further google imaging, and reflection on the whole concept of "best friend" I've come to the conclusion that application of such titles CAN BE (and frequently is) ONE sided.

Then taking into account the ABSENCE of one side of that equation (Jean dying for example) and then fostering NEW "best friendships" (I'm looking at you, Outback era) is entirely believable and likely.

Oh no prob. The X-Women have been around each other for a long time, so probably there's a lot of best friends. And, like Ferro said, post-AvX Betsy and Storm have been there for each other and on the same teams quite a few times so they're good friends for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Hickman wrote the beginning and end and had very little to do with the issue. As we all thought
    That's why it's quite hysterical that a Storm fan (not you) was praising Hickman constantly for his great knowledge of Storm, for the details in Giant X-Men#1 when it was obvious it was mainly Dauterman's work

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Please oh please! A team of Wolverine, Gambit, Jean, Kurt and Betsy to help Storm would make so much sense. Plus, Dauterman drawing Betsy is my wet dream in comics right now.
    Add a dash of Yukio!

Don’t apologize! If anything it’s a testament to how nuanced and real these characters can be.

Is this legit or is this one of those Kitty situations where she has like, 8 "best friends" who the fandom debates on superiority?

I thought Betsy & Dazzler were besties, and Storm & Jean were besties.
    Storm and Jean are definitely closer but Storm and Betsy are close.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Storm and Jean are definitely closer but Storm and Betsy are close.
    That one. As a child reading the outback era always thought that ororo and betsy were friends, not as close as the relationship with Jean, i always thought that ororo see her as an equal, a confident
    The itinerations between Alison and Betsy were very low at that moment.

Indeed they are very close.

I loved their bonding in Uncanny X-Force.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!