Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Default Michael Keaton back in the Bat-suit in Flash movie?

Yeah I did a double take too...

https://www.slashfilm.com/michael-keaton-batman/

Quote Originally Posted by Slashfilm
    Michael Keaton will be Batman again. Warner Bros. is planning on bringing Keaton back as the Caped Crusader in The Flash, the upcoming superhero movie based on the Flashpoint comic story. Keaton played the Dark Knight in Tim Burton’s 1989 blockbuster Batman, and reprised the role again in 1992’s Batman Returns. And while this all seems out of left field, it makes a lot of sense when you consider the plot of Flashpoint and the current state of the DC Universe on the big screen.

I don’t think anyone expected this again, but here we are. Via The Wrap, Micheal Keaton is returning to play Batman/Bruce Wayne yet again. Keaton is expected to appear as Batman in The Flash, the solo superhero movie that is currently set to be helmed by Andy Muschietti. In the Flashpoint comic, which serves as inspiration for the film, the Flash travels to an alternate universe where Thomas Wayne, not Bruce Wayne, is Batman. This has lead to speculation that Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played Thomas Wayne in Batman v. Superman, might appear as Batman.
    I still remain skeptical a Flash movie happens anyway.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 06-22-2020 at 12:39 PM.

BANNED

this is the problem when information gets leaked, we end up just making assumptions and it turns into a “DC doesn’t know what they’re doing” argument.

they do know what they’re doing. they have a plan. the Flash movie has been confirmed to be a “reimagining” of Flashpoint and will involve the multiverse. i for one don’t want Batman to be in it at all but Michael Keaton reprising his role isn’t really a big deal considering the story they’re telling

also I find your skepticism of the Flash movie even happening to be hilarious. obviously there were hurdles but it inspires confidence because Ezra Miller was striving to make sure the movie would closely adapt the comics. that’s why he and Grant Morrison collaborated on their own script. there is already a director and writer attached and casting is underway, WB has consistently stated that this is a priority movie for them. if you look at all their movies in development right now the biggest, the one with the most coverage is the flash
    Last edited by Elmo; 06-22-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    this is the problem when information gets leaked, we end up just making assumptions and it turns into a “DC doesn’t know what they’re doing” argument.

they do know what they’re doing. they have a plan. the Flash movie has been confirmed to be a “reimagining” of Flashpoint and will involve the multiverse. i for one don’t want Batman to be in it at all but Michael Keaton reprising his role isn’t really a big deal considering the story they’re telling

also I find your skepticism of the Flash movie even happening to be hilarious. obviously there were hurdles but it inspires confidence because Ezra Miller was striving to make sure the movie would closely adapt the comics. that’s why he and Grant Morrison collaborated on their own script. there is already a director and writer attached and casting is underway, WB has consistently stated that this is a priority movie for them. if you look at all their movies in development right now the biggest, the one with the most coverage is the flash
    Yes the same flash movie that has gone through directors and other various hurdles. So yeah until they are rolling on the first take of principal photography for the Flash I will remain skeptical. Find it hilarious all you want to.

Given DC's handling of the Justice League, I think the jury is still out on whether DC has a plan that they are going to stick to.

That said, the idea of Keaton suiting up as Batman again sounds kind of cool to me.

BANNED

The only explanation is Flash running faster than the speed of light , manipulating time may make him step into a parallel universe. If this is true, it could be an interesting concept.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Yes the same flash movie that has gone through directors and other various hurdles. So yeah until they are rolling on the first take of principal photography for the Flash I will remain skeptical. Find it hilarious all you want to.
    did you read my post at all....
    if we didn’t have those hurdles w the directors there is much likelihood we would’ve gotten a bad Flash movie, or something not satisfying to fans of the comics.

if we didn’t have those hurdles w the directors there is much likelihood we would’ve gotten a bad Flash movie, or something not satisfying to fans of the comics.
    Didn't stop them from putting out Birds of Prey. And I say that as someone that liked Birds of Prey.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

...I didn't see this coming.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Didn't stop them from putting out Birds of Prey. And I say that as someone that liked Birds of Prey.
    Birds of Prey is more comic accurate than people want to give it credit for imo. they aren’t the Birds of Prey, that’s for sure, and Cassandra was a big disappointment, but I was really pleased with the characterizations especially with Dinah and Montoya

Astonishing Member

Bob Chipman (a movie critic) has theorized this for a while.

Honestly, while this tidbit is interesting, I'm really not looking forward to the idea of a Flashpoint movie. I never liked that story. Yet people seem to love that story and everyone wants to adapt it.

Am I more enthused for Michael Keaton returning as Batman then I am a Flashpoint movie starring Ezra Miller? Hmm...

did you read my post at all....
    We still don’t know what quality of a movie we’re getting. The hurdles could have prevented a good movie, to flip the script.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Am I more enthused for Michael Keaton returning as Batman then I am a Flashpoint movie starring Ezra Miller? Hmm...
    If it somehow leads to Keaton as Old Man Bruce in a Batman Beyond live action movie, then I'd be all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    If it somehow leads to Keaton as Old Man Bruce in a Batman Beyond live action movie, then I'd be all for it.
    Wouldnt THAT be great.

I'm a big fan of Keaton and feel his Batman is the best of all time. Unfortunately in the decades since he last wore the cowl, DC's so oversaturated the character to the point I can barely stand him anymore, and this looks like the usual DC plan: Batman at the front and center of absolutely-goddamn-everything.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El