Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Anyone want Pattison's Bruce to meet Keaton's Bruce on-screen at some point?

I mean, it seems Pattison's Bruce is going to be kept in his own self-contained universe...but if the Multiverse is involved then why not?

As it is, we rarely get stories of Batman meeting himself...at least compared to Superman, and now Spider-Man.
    There gonna be any real point to doing so?

I would honestly rather that they focused on just making really solid pretty well "Self-Contained..." films. Just get that right. Don't start fiddling around counting your chickens.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    There gonna be any real point to doing so?

I would honestly rather that they focused on just making really solid pretty well "Self-Contained..." films. Just get that right. Don't start fiddling around counting your chickens.
    I think they are doing this, getting everything in order and once they feel stable than they're going to reintegrate back into a shared universe. It's not like they stopped it completely, Superman had cameo in Shazam! and they're continuing the DCEU, just with retcons with the Snyder phase. If they truly wanted to end the shared universe they'd have recast Momoa, Gadot and the Flash guy. And Cavill's still technically on the payroll as their Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I think they are doing this, getting everything in order and once they feel stable than they're going to reintegrate back into a shared universe. It's not like they stopped it completely, Superman had cameo in Shazam! and they're continuing the DCEU, just with retcons with the Snyder phase. If they truly wanted to end the shared universe they'd have recast Momoa, Gadot and the Flash guy. And Cavill's still technically on the payroll as their Superman.
    https://cosmicbook.news/dceu-reboot-...replace%20them.

I think this sums it up. Some of the movies have been overwhelmingly successful. Wonder Woman and Aquaman each made a billion dollars. Both have sequels coming and Aquaman apparently even has a spinoff movie. They are not going to throw everything out and it might create confusion to do a partial reboot.

I watch the CW shows on Netflix and I've just watched past the Crisis where the world has been selectively rebooted. I wonder a bit if this is a test of audience reaction or just to get the vast majority of the audience used to such an idea and then do a partial reboot in the movies.

Maybe neither. It may be better to just keep moving forward. The downside is that Superman is making cameos and Batman is getting a movie outside the DCEU.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    https://cosmicbook.news/dceu-reboot-...replace%20them.

I think this sums it up. Some of the movies have been overwhelmingly successful. Wonder Woman and Aquaman each made a billion dollars. Both have sequels coming and Aquaman apparently even has a spinoff movie. They are not going to throw everything out and it might create confusion to do a partial reboot.
    Which means the DCEU is alive and well.

I watch the CW shows on Netflix and I've just watched past the Crisis where the world has been selectively rebooted. I wonder a bit if this is a test of audience reaction or just to get the vast majority of the audience used to such an idea and then do a partial reboot in the movies.
    No need, the DCEU did that years ago with Suicide Squad and Justice League. That's when they would have rebooted from scratch but they didn', they kept the train going, just with minor adjustments.

Maybe neither. It may be better to just keep moving forward. The downside is that Superman is making cameos and Batman is getting a movie outside the DCEU.
    Superman's fate is up in the air, Batman's harder to nail down with any certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Yeah I did a double take too...

https://www.slashfilm.com/michael-keaton-batman/

I still remain skeptical a Flash movie happens anyway.
    Did these people not see Birdman?

About an actor desperately trying to move out of it's shadow and beyond this...

Oh wait, ..... ; )
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-28-2020 at 06:53 PM.

make the Beyond universe happen. for sure. I'd like that.

It's starting to feel like DC just has a "Disinformation..." arm just throwing out things that are absolutely never going to happen just for the sake of doing so.

Either that, or folks being referenced in these articles are just churning out stuff that's barely at the "Just Makin' This Stuff Up..." level.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I was happy when Keaton did Birdman and when he became the Vulture. Am I the only fan of Batman '89 who doesn't want MK back as Batman?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I was happy when Keaton did Birdman and when he became the Vulture. Am I the only fan of Batman '89 who doesn't want MK back as Batman?
    Since WB worships the Batgod and wants to over saturate the market with Batgod at this point, why not? I love the 89 movie and frankly it's the only Batman I would want to see at this point.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!