Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Ezra getting in hot water a couple months ago has nothing to do with the years of development this movie has gone through. regardless I don’t see how anyone can be skeptical the movie is even coming out. that’s kind of ridiculous to me
    You mean assault. Which I guess DC/WB have no issue with. Choke all the women you want!
    Last edited by Jekyll; 06-23-2020 at 04:33 PM.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You mean assault. Which I guess DC/WB have no issue with. Choke all the women you want!
    don’t get me wrong. **** ezra miller for that. i absolutely 100% condemn that behavior. if WB were to fire him, I would shed no tears. I don’t want my posts to come off as any kind of defense of EM. I just personally see a legitimate reason for the delays in the production, and I don’t see it as a reason to expect the movie will never come out.

It's just strange they fire the guy from the flash show for old tweets but the guy who attacked a woman on camera gets to stay? Even john campea who loved him as flash called wb out on that one!

There are tons of actors who can play the flash really well but someone at wb really loves this guy even letting him rewrite the flash script over the directors who quit the movie due to it! Is he the boss's nephew or something? Don't get it?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's just strange they fire the guy from the flash show for old tweets but the guy who attacked a woman on camera gets to stay? Even john campea who loved him as flash called wb out on that one!

There are tons of actors who can play the flash really well but someone at wb really loves this guy even letting him rewrite the flash script over the directors who quit the movie due to it! Is he the boss's nephew or something? Don't get it?
    Bare minimum this could provide an opportunity to cut ties with miller...who is/was a horrible flash...who even runs in an odd fashion...please recast this character.

It looks like he is still flash. The story that broke the keaton story says he is playing flash. i'm sure he is will be in fantastic beasts 3 also. WB is taking the "don't talk about it and it will go away" to him and i guess it worked.

With that said. If he tried to make himself a better person. Goes to drinking and anger rehab and says he is sorry and means it i will be fine with him staying. But has he even said i'm sorry in person? I don't remember. There were actors who did bad things but made up for them and made themselves better and he can to. I'll be fine with him then.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-24-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Retired

No sooner did Sawyer's old tweets come out than he was booted. It's been months since the Miller incident hit the news and still nothing. If they were going to do something, they would've reacted right away to get on top of the story. I'm guessing Warner's fixers got in there and made the story go away.

To see how the old Hollywood fixers handled these situations, catch the first episode of the new PERRY MASON [not sponsored].

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    No sooner did Sawyer's old tweets come out than he was booted. It's been months since the Miller incident hit the news and still nothing. If they were going to do something, they would've reacted right away to get on top of the story. I'm guessing Warner's fixers got in there and made the story go away.

To see how the old Hollywood fixers handled these situations, catch the first episode of the new PERRY MASON [not sponsored].
    Like I said. i don’t condone the behavior. i think WB would be well within their right to fire him. but they aren’t comparable. with EM you have a singular incident documented by a short video, which is definitely incriminating, but not representative of continued/rampant behavior. sawyer however displayed vehement racism and misogyny over the course of several years including the months leading up to his first appearance on the Flash. when you have a black show runner, black employees behind and in front of the camera, it should have been on Sawyer to admit to his past grievances. not publicly, it wouldn’t have to be public. but he was racist for years and leading up to him joining the show, so if he was in any repentant of that behavior he should have acknowledged his past actions. he didn’t, and the producers were well within their right to fire him.

what EM did was abhorrent, but there’s levels to it imo. does he behave like that regularly? is he a threat to women around him? does he display hurtful and controversial views in secret? these are the important questions.

hartley sawyer is a racist, Ezra Miller did a foul thing.

Astonishing Member

I also think its worth noting that we still don't really know the truth behind the video, and if it was really an 'assault' or just horsing around.

Personally, I'm against Hartley Sawyer's firing too (and this whole notion of a 'cancel culture'), though I can understand why WB felt compelled to make that decision, especially in the current climate.

I'm not a fan of Miller as The Flash or Barry Allen, so I just hope WB does the right thing with the film on all fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not a fan of Miller as The Flash or Barry Allen, so I just hope WB does the right thing with the film on all fronts.
    Dito this, Miller had some genuinely funny lines in Justice league but he was unrecognizable as any version of flash. Tv Barry is like half wally and half barry. Ezra was part Forrest Gump,and part tim burton. They have had multiple delays and people walk away from the project. Kinda hope they would ditch Miller and do this planned flash point movie from scratch. Who's the director now BTW? I know they have gone through a few. And some of them were directors I love and was excited to see them work on this film.

BANNED

I don't like Ezra as Flash though its unfair to place the entire blame on him, he was following a direction but at the same time, some need to get that not everything that is in the comic books or cartoons can be translated well on film. Flash was a goof in the cartoon, however that needs to be more restrained in a movie. With a different direction and Michael Keaton coming back as old man batman, this could be a good turning point for the character.

One of the rare cases where I hope its only a loose inspiration of the original work. Pick the catchy title but make a not gut-wrenching grim-dark original Multiverse story out of it. Curious if Keaton will have a bigger role than a 5 sec cameo to make a nod to the Multiverse similar to some of the TV COIE cameos.

Also curious if Grant Gustin will appear; maybe in a reversal of the scene where Grants Flash meet Ezras Flash in the COIE

Sounds more like into the spider-verse then flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't like Ezra as Flash though its unfair to place the entire blame on him, he was following a direction but at the same time, some need to get that not everything that is in the comic books or cartoons can be translated well on film. Flash was a goof in the cartoon, however that needs to be more restrained in a movie. With a different direction and Michael Keaton coming back as old man batman, this could be a good turning point for the character.
    I kind of felt like the direction was playing more towards Miller as an actor with their take on Flash, sort of like what they did with Momoa as Aquaman.

Retired

My point wasn't about the severity of the infraction but the response time of the studio. It seems like once these transgressions hit the news cycle, the studios deal with them quickly (although they may have known about them for quite awhile before they became public). Warner has done nothing about the Ezra Miller situation in all this time, so unless something new comes out, there's no reason to expect they will dump him.

There was a report that Mr. Gustin had filmed other scenes with Mr. Miller, which were expected to appear in the movie. But I haven't seen anything else about it.

The fact that there has been an "in the flesh" FLASH series for all this time makes me less greedy for a comic book accurate "in the flesh" movie. Having had an alternate universe movie Barry Allen that crossed over with the T.V. Barry Allen in the C.W. Crisis event who crossed over with the original T.V. Barry Allen (John Wesley Shipp) in that same event, I'm less concerned about how many Flashgrams I get from a movie.

[Note 1: I'm using "in the flesh" to get around the fickle censor on this message board.]

[Note 2: E.M. = Elongated Man, in my book.]