Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Just saw the video. The woman appears to be wearing a neck brace on top of everything else and she was smiling like this was all just joking around until he grabs her by the brace, she gasps in surprise and pain, and he takes her to the floor with someone grabbing him and saying, "Whoa, bro".

The WB's attitude seems to be that if they respond, it will escalate the situation by making many times more people aware of it while it will fade away if they ignore it.

To me, Ezra Miller's Flash is kind of like Austin Powers. He was funny at first but it was wearing thin before even the first hour was over. I never saw the second or third movie because I had already seen the same one trick pony skits two dozen times in the first movie. The very fact that one can so easily draw a parallel between Miller's Flash and Austin Powers is telling in itself.

While it can be said that none of the television versions are what the comic book Barry was, especially originally, I liked the 1990 Flash and love Gustin's Flash. It isn't so much that Miller doesn't come across as the comic book Barry but that his nervous comedy routine just doesn't appeal.

It makes me wonder why I loved Jerry Lewis movies and Barney Fife but I think the answer is that I was five when I first saw them and nostalgia rules. Or maybe they just did it better.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

So what do you guys make of this theory?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_f...ration-a176238

They're basically making the argument that the Flashpoint reality is the word of Keaton's Batman and that its "here to stay". Keaton will be the Batman of the DCEU moving forward, while Pattison's version will be in his own self-contained universe.

If its true, its a crazy direction to go in...but I think its highly unlikely. I really don't see them making the 'main' Batman an aged version from a 30 year old franchise. If anything, I'd assume that Flashpoint is the perfect opportunity to replace Affleck's version with Pattison's. Also, this theory seems to be a misreading of how the Flashpoint storyline plays out in the comics - Flashpoint is the alternate reality, and fixing it recreates the traditional DCU with changes. Here they're assuming that the Flashpoint reality IS the DCU moving forward.

Then again, apparently the film won't be a completely faithful adaptation of the comic, so who knows...

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    They're basically making the argument that the Flashpoint reality is the word of Keaton's Batman and that its "here to stay". Keaton will be the Batman of the DCEU moving forward, while Pattison's version will be in his own self-contained universe.
    It seems to me these reporters read the tea leaves and then come up with their own idea of what it will be.

It's hard to say with the movie producers, because they often come up with stories that are horribly constructed, but for me this wouldn't make any sense. What I thought would happen is Michael Bruce Wayne Keaton would be from an alternate reality--but then he gets stuck in whatever universe Ezra Barry Allen Miller is in at the end of the movie.

In other SLIDERS words, Michael Bruce Wayne Keaton is Jerry Quinn Mallory O'Connell, who slides between worlds and never returns to his own; while Robert Bruce Wayne Pattinson is Robert Quinn Mallory Floyd on an Earth (which may or may not end up being the same one as Gal Diana Prince Gadot's by the end of WONDER WOMAN 1984).

I don't think the Flashpoint story from the comics is going to provide the road map. I think it will be more of a Crisis storyline--with the creation of multiple universes--but they will call it Flashpoint so Geoff Johns can cash a royalties cheque.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Like I said. i don’t condone the behavior. i think WB would be well within their right to fire him. but they aren’t comparable. with EM you have a singular incident documented by a short video, which is definitely incriminating, but not representative of continued/rampant behavior. sawyer however displayed vehement racism and misogyny over the course of several years including the months leading up to his first appearance on the Flash. when you have a black show runner, black employees behind and in front of the camera, it should have been on Sawyer to admit to his past grievances. not publicly, it wouldn’t have to be public. but he was racist for years and leading up to him joining the show, so if he was in any repentant of that behavior he should have acknowledged his past actions. he didn’t, and the producers were well within their right to fire him.

what EM did was abhorrent, but there’s levels to it imo. does he behave like that regularly? is he a threat to women around him? does he display hurtful and controversial views in secret? these are the important questions.

hartley sawyer is a racist, Ezra Miller did a foul thing.
    I wanted him recasted because he is a bad flash not becuase of RL stuff....he is like a barry wally hybrid.and his physicality is awkward...as he cant run.

So what do you guys make of this theory?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/the_f...ration-a176238

If its true, its a crazy direction to go in...but I think its highly unlikely. I really don't see them making the 'main' Batman an aged version from a 30 year old franchise. If anything, I'd assume that Flashpoint is the perfect opportunity to replace Affleck's version with Pattison's. Also, this theory seems to be a misreading of how the Flashpoint storyline plays out in the comics - Flashpoint is the alternate reality, and fixing it recreates the traditional DCU with changes. Here they're assuming that the Flashpoint reality IS the DCU moving forward.

Then again, apparently the film won't be a completely faithful adaptation of the comic, so who knows...
    I skimmed because the article was obviously wild speculation based on, well, on nothing but the scenario the article writer has imagined and wants. Not that it's a bad scenario but I just hope he doesn't decide it sucks when it doesn't end up being his head canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I skimmed because the article was obviously wild speculation based on, well, on nothing but the scenario the article writer has imagined and wants. Not that it's a bad scenario but I just hope he doesn't decide it sucks when it doesn't end up being his head canon.
    Yeah...

"Theory..." seems like a bit of a stretch. Reads like somebody just spitballin'.

I also do not dig him as the Flash. Even in his brief cameo on the Cw's Crisis he annoyed me.

Just embrace the Multiverse.

Just saw the video. The woman appears to be wearing a neck brace on top of everything else and she was smiling like this was all just joking around until he grabs her by the brace, she gasps in surprise and pain, and he takes her to the floor with someone grabbing him and saying, "Whoa, bro".
    Or it’s a turtle neck sweater?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Or it’s a turtle neck sweater?
    LOL. Maybe. Makes the assault only 99% horrible instead of 100%.

LOL. Maybe. Makes the assault only 99% horrible instead of 100%.
    I mean. Why don’t we have video of what happened immediately after? Has the woman been interviewed? Is Ezra Miller a Hollywood darling that anyone would want to “protect” from such a scandal?

Always something important to ask.

I pretty much just proved to you that situations can be interpreted differently by different people. ::shrug::
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 06-26-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Anyone want Pattison's Bruce to meet Keaton's Bruce on-screen at some point?

I mean, it seems Pattison's Bruce is going to be kept in his own self-contained universe...but if the Multiverse is involved then why not?

As it is, we rarely get stories of Batman meeting himself...at least compared to Superman, and now Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Anyone want Pattison's Bruce to meet Keaton's Bruce on-screen at some point?

I mean, it seems Pattison's Bruce is going to be kept in his own self-contained universe...but if the Multiverse is involved then why not?

As it is, we rarely get stories of Batman meeting himself...at least compared to Superman, and now Spider-Man.
    I wouldn’t mind too much, but I’d rather have Bale meet Keaton(that has zero chance of happening, obviously). I think Reeves doesn’t want his Batman integrated as part of a larger universe of other heroes and likely doesn’t want his Batman involved in any bonkers multi-verse stuff. Keaton Batman who’s world was already fantastical and much less grounded than either Bale’s Batman or what Pattinson’s Batman is going to be, was always the best choice to have involved in the multiverse shenanigans.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 06-27-2020 at 06:50 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Retired

Since when is Matt Reeves such an important director that Warner has to give him everything he wants? I don't get it.

Now, I do think that the Pattinson Batman needs to build its own world and there shouldn't an attempt to jam in a bunch of extra stuff. This was the problem with BATMAN V SUPERMAN--Warner wanted to overstuff the movie with things that didn't need to be there, rather than just letting the movie be its own singular thing.

But Reeves can't tell Warner what to do with their whole slate of movies. Whether there is connective tissue or not, all of these movies are connected. Every DC concept is connected to every other DC concept, by the simple fact that they all exist in reference to each other.

In order to appreciate JOKER (for example) it helps to know what sources it's drawing on and how it mixes up those elements to create a new version. A Matt Reeves Batman movie can't exist in isolation, because it's playing with all the toys that other directors have played with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Since when is Matt Reeves such an important director that Warner has to give him everything he wants? I don't get it.

Now, I do think that the Pattinson Batman needs to build its own world and there shouldn't an attempt to jam in a bunch of extra stuff. This was the problem with BATMAN V SUPERMAN--Warner wanted to overstuff the movie with things that didn't need to be there, rather than just letting the movie be its own singular thing.

But Reeves can't tell Warner what to do with their whole slate of movies. Whether there is connective tissue or not, all of these movies are connected. Every DC concept is connected to every other DC concept, by the simple fact that they all exist in reference to each other.

In order to appreciate JOKER (for example) it helps to know what sources it's drawing on and how it mixes up those elements to create a new version. A Matt Reeves Batman movie can't exist in isolation, because it's playing with all the toys that other directors have played with.
    I don't think the issue is so much of what Reeves wants as much as it is how DC/WB wants to organize these movies.

They tried the MCU style shared universe, and it didn't quiet work out for them (though that was more to do with their unwillingness to stick to Snyder's vision for JL, and Ayer's vision for Suicide Squad too it seems). They've mostly been sticking to solo self-contained movies since then. Aquaman. Shazam. Birds of Prey, which kinda a follow-up to SS but exists as its own thing. Joker is of course a totally different beast altogether explicitly not set in the same universe. And now Reeves' The Batman which seems to be its own thing completely distinct from the Snyder/Affleck version.

My guess is they've decided to move away from the 'shared universe' and move towards a shared Multiverse. Whether or not the CW COIE adaptation had anything to do with it or not is unclear. But I think they've accepted the fact that people are open to multiple interpretations of these characters co-existing on the big screen and it really is the perfect in-story rationale for allowing directors and writers to go in a bunch of different directions without the need for strict MCU-like consistency.

This means that you can have Affleck's Batman on the Snyder Cut and have that story be 'canon'. Reeves can do his Batman reboot with Pattison. And they can bring Keaton back not just for a nostalgia-fest, but to have an older Batman they can play around with in movies like Flashpoint and Batman Beyond (maybe Batgirl).