View Poll Results: Which Film Are You Most Anticipating?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flashpoint.

6 12.00%
  • The Batman

27 54.00%
  • The Snyder Cut

17 34.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm infinitely more interested in WW84 and Shazam 2 than any of these but of these, it's definitely the Batman. I'm a bit tired of Batman being the centre of DC but it has a great director and a great cast, finally tackling Batman as a detective.

Flashpoint... I mean, who's even writing and directing this film? Is it ever going to actually happen? Are they really going to spend millions of dollars on a film that is just an excuse to reset continuity? Also, it was a stupid story in the first place (Thawne going back in time to Kill Barry's mom, no issues with the time stream, Barry going back to reverse that, everything goes haywire - can't fault that logic!) so do we really need another bloody iteration of it?

The Snyder Cut is gonna suck. I see no evidence whatsoever based on Man of Steel and BvS that it will do anything but.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Obviously, the Snyder Cut. I have absolutely no interest in The Sparkling Batman and I think it's too early for a Flashpoint movie.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    Obviously, the Snyder Cut. I have absolutely no interest in The Sparkling Batman and I think it's too early for a Flashpoint movie.
    You know Pattinson is more than just the sparkly vampire from Twilight right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You know Pattinson is more than just the sparkly vampire from Twilight right?
    Yes, I do, thank you very much. I also know that a) he will be a HUGE downgrade from Ben Affleck and b) this movie is being made only because Warner Bros sabotaged Ben and Zack Snyder.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Yes, I do, thank you very much. I also know that a) he will be a HUGE downgrade from Ben Affleck and b) this movie is being made only because Warner Bros sabotaged Ben and Zack Snyder.
    I don't know about Ben Affleck claim, but Snyder's films underperformed in theaters and he knew the time frame the studio wanted and would make cuts and didn't plan for it. Beyond that, loyalty to some director or actor who haven't said anything against the film is an odd reason not to watch a movie - and no reason to insult another actor for one role years ago.

Out of those three I guess The Batman which is saying something since I'm not a big fan of Batman. I don't like Flashpoint (it was IMHO a crappy comic, animated movie, and TV show episode), and I would rather watch paint dry than Justice League: The Snyder Cut.

Honestly the DC movies I'm more excited for are: Wonder Woman '84 and Suicide Squad 2 (or whatever it's title is the one James Gunn is directing).

Astonishing Member

None of them.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I wouldn't consider Pattinson a downgrade from Affleck in the acting department. I liked Ben's casting, Batman fits his range, but he has very limited range as an actor. Pattinson meanwhile has been killing it on the indy scene.

I doubt Affleck was ever going to be around for that long anyway. Even if audiences hadn't turned on BvS and Snyder's direction, I'm not sure Affleck directing and starring in a Batman movie would have materialized. It's just too much and unreasonable for one person.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't consider Pattinson a downgrade from Affleck in the acting department. I liked Ben's casting, Batman fits his range, but he has very limited range as an actor. Pattinson meanwhile has been killing it on the indy scene.

I doubt Affleck was ever going to be around for that long anyway. Even if audiences hadn't turned on BvS and Snyder's direction, I'm not sure Affleck directing and starring in a Batman movie would have materialized. It's just too much and unreasonable for one person.
    The Town is amazing and I would love to see Affleck's script (Deathstroke,Arkham) as an OGN someday but I'm over Batfleck and I'm over Batkeaton even more. I'm cautiously optimistic for a grounded take on Batman as Detective but Reeves' movies are... downers

Suicide Squad by the guy who made Guardians? Hell, yes.

Flashpoint sounds more like a movie about continuity and less like a movie about Flash... not interested