Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Will be a relaunch after December?

Dark Knights: Death Metal event will end in December.

Do you think we will have a general relaunch in January?

BANNED

not a relaunch of continuity but I think a relaunch of some kind is inevitable. especially with Diamond no longer distributing

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Dark Knights: Death Metal event will end in December.

Do you think we will have a general relaunch in January?
    No I think it ends in Jan, Sept will be a skip month for Capullo. Feb is when what comes next will start, and yeah I do think it will be a relaunch. Harley Quinn and Flash are ending their runs, TGL will probably be done around then as well. A relaunch seems guaranteed at this point, although it will be curious if Batman and Superman get relaunched since I don’t expect either Tynion or Bendis to be done yet. Bendis’ end will be in 2021 but I don’t think it will be that early, and Tynion seems to still be planning to be on the book through 2021 into 2022.

Yeah I expect their will probably be a relaunch, everything sounds like it’s ending creators are wrapping up their runs and no doubt their are some plans in place of what to do with characters after whatever continuity/timeline thing they do with the anti-crisis in Death Metal.

What it will all look like remains to be seen after 5G has basically has been thrown out of the planning room. I just hope to see some fun stories and get characters who have been missing (come on JSA ongoing!)
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yes. And here's the evidence:

• Harley Quinn and Red Hood: Outlaw have both been announced to be ending (though I'd imagine both would be relaunched).
    • Joshua Williamson's run on The Flash is ending and the pre-Flashpoint Flash Family (Jay Garrick, Jesse Quick, Max Mercury, Irey and Jai West) is back.
    • Teen Titans will be down to just four members, no way that status quo sticks for long. Also, apparently Damian will no longer be Robin.
    • There are rumours Young Justice will be losing Tim Drake and Spoiler... due to Bat book plans?
    • Nightwing will finally be back to normal.
    • Cassandra Cain is being promoted as Batgirl in an OGN, shown in her Batgirl costume on a Joker Warzone cover, and there's hints of her getting a rename in Batman and the Outsiders.
    • The Milestone line is known to be coming back.
    • Shazam's current run is ending.
    • Justice League has been filler since Snyder's run ended. Death Metal concludes his story, and JL will relaunch afterwards.
    • The Justice Society has been brought back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yes. And here's the evidence:

• Harley Quinn and Red Hood: Outlaw have both been announced to be ending (though I'd imagine both would be relaunched).
    • Joshua Williamson's run on The Flash is ending and the pre-Flashpoint Flash Family (Jay Garrick, Jesse Quick, Max Mercury, Irey and Jai West) is back.
    • Teen Titans will be down to just four members, no way that status quo sticks for long. Also, apparently Damian will no longer be Robin.
    • There are rumours Young Justice will be losing Tim Drake and Spoiler... due to Bat book plans?
    • Nightwing will finally be back to normal.
    • Cassandra Cain is being promoted as Batgirl in an OGN, shown in her Batgirl costume on a Joker Warzone cover, and there's hints of her getting a rename in Batman and the Outsiders.
    • The Milestone line is known to be coming back.
    • Shazam's current run is ending.
    • Justice League has been filler since Snyder's run ended. Death Metal concludes his story, and JL will relaunch afterwards.
    • The Justice Society has been brought back.
    Naw, the JSA hasn't been brought back. They won't be back until they get their own title back.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Naw, the JSA hasn't been brought back. They won't be back until they get their own title back.
    spoilers:
    The JSA are legitimately in the preview for the second issue of Death Metal
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I imagine we'll get a relaunch of some kind.

History/continuity/reality is still a huge mess that DC needs to clear up. Metal 2 is sounding like it's going to try and accomplish that, at least on some level. And when you do a big continuity shuffle a relaunch with a bunch of #1's often comes with it.

How big the relaunch is....that's anybody's guess right now. I assume books like Harley and Shazam, which are ending, will get brought back with new #1's. Books will get new creative teams with new directions. Continuity will get tweaked. But how deep any of that goes.....who knows?

I'm guessing we're looking at something that'll probably have the same kind of impact on the line as Hickman's Avengers finale, so not a big huge Crisis reset for everyone and everything, but we'll still see some changes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    This. While it is nice to see them popping up in random stories or panels, I consider this to be teases.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

I think we'll get a retool and not a reboot.

Astonishing Member

reboot, refresh, rehash, relaunch, restart, retool...

i'm screaming on the inside...not excitedly.

We may learned some specifics on August 22nd.

Boisterously Confused

That DC is defined by their relaunches is 💯 F***edUp. This is the well-spring of superheroes. Now it's fandom is fractured among which version they prefer.

This company created the non-newspaper-reprint comic. It moved adventure stories beyond pulp. It created wide-continuity franchises. Now, it's a recycling company. Very sad.

I imagine it will just be a relaunch of new #1s with DC probably moving even more focus to OGNs and original stories rather than ones set in the DCU properly.

Yeah, we'll get some a bunch of new #1s, half-hearted continuity "fixes" implemented thanks to Metal (I have zero reason to believe it will achieve any of what it sets out to do, none of these events ever have), and some gimmick plotlines and/or status quo changes to narratively justify the new #1s. Nothing we haven't seen before. And it'll probably give them that short term boost they're needing as that usually does work for a little while. At least, heaven help them if for once even that doesn't work.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-22-2020 at 06:32 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El