Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    melody went from a sad teenager who felt like she was missing something trying to be normal to a badass that fought motherefing apocalypse, Id do it too, especially if I had some anger to release
    By focusing on Melody you're missing the bigger picture, everything she did was to appear Apocalypse to "prove" to him she was worthy of being a mutant. He made the Crucible, he instructed her on what steps she has to take and he delivered the killing blow which activated the resurrection protocol. Thinking about this, why are you giving him all the credit? Without the Five all he did was murder a harmless girl in front of a crowd. I'm curious what she'd think if anyone bothered to tell her she didn't have to do any of this to get her powers back, all she needed was Apocalypse's blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Judging by how things progressed so far, i would guess his plan goes something like this.

1. Play nice with the X-men to have a spot on Krakoa.
    2. Act willing to follow the "lead" of Xavier in order to secure a foothold in the ruling of the Nation.
    3. Create the image of a "stern but just father figure" to impress neutral and/or new mutants who don't know him yet.
    4. Establish himself as equal to the leading figures of Xavier and Magneto.
    5. Create the "mutant magic" system and conquer Otherworld to hold a unique resource for the nation.
    - At this point a few addition events could happen that fit into this plan. -
    6. Free "First Horsemen" to regain valuable allies and enforcers. Also establish himself as proactive "hero figure".
    7. Connect Krakoa with it's missing part to gain a controll element on the island itself.
    8. Create a cult of personality among the impressed mutants.
    9. Slowly take over as much of Krakoa and it's population as possible in order to remove Xavier and the rest of the council via a rebellion.
    10. Start the Age of Apocalypse with the largest collective of mutants ever seen and using advanced bio-tech made from Krakoa to wipe out humanity.
    11. Create his ideal "only the strong and usefull shall survive" society.

Of course given Moira's informations, it's likely that Xavier and Magneto are perfectly aware of such a plan and are actualy allowing it to happen to a point either to gain his unique resources before putting him into "exile" or get him under their controll entirely.
    Yeah that sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    An odd thought just struck me about the resurrection process. I’m not sure how many mutants have been revived at this point, but in universe, shouldn’t Kate’s inability to be resurrected act as a a caution to NOT go the crucible as permanent death is a possible outcome? Might be an interesting topic for X-Factor to cover at some point.
    It would be as simple as passing them through a portal.

If they can get through, they can be resurrected. If they can't get through it, they can't resurrect.

Judging by how things progressed so far, i would guess his plan goes something like this.

2. Act willing to follow the "lead" of Xavier in order to secure a foothold in the ruling of the Nation.
    3. Create the image of a "stern but just father figure" to impress neutral and/or new mutants who don't know him yet.
    5. Create the "mutant magic" system and conquer Otherworld to hold a unique resource for the nation.
    6. Free "First Horsemen" to regain valuable allies and enforcers. Also establish himself as proactive "hero figure".
    7. Connect Krakoa with it's missing part to gain a controll element on the island itself.
    9. Slowly take over as much of Krakoa and it's population as possible in order to remove Xavier and the rest of the council via a rebellion.
    10. Start the Age of Apocalypse with the largest collective of mutants ever seen and using advanced bio-tech made from Krakoa to wipe out humanity.

Of course given Moira's informations, it's likely that Xavier and Magneto are perfectly aware of such a plan and are actualy allowing it to happen to a point either to gain his unique resources before putting him into "exile" or get him under their controll entirely.
    Dude nice!!
    GrindrStone(D)

This is probably it lol. Spot on. I wonder if they have some plan in mind since Moira knows him the best.

Yes, Moira knows Apocalypse after hundreds of years together and enters her plans.

I think Moira is going to tell the truth of her lives to Apocalypse to try to change him (as she did with Xavier and Magneto) and to recruit him in a real way to her plan. In the ninth life it can be seen that Apocalypse is capable of sacrificing himself for a greater good for mutants in specific circumstances.

And if it doesn't work, they will use him until he has gathered all the power they need and then they will remove him. Of course Magneto, Moira and Xavier believe that they are much smarter than they actually are.

Astonishing Member

I honestly don't think Apocalypse has any long con,he supports Krakoan nation building,he has a seat at the table,he has his Arakko progeny.There is nothing he needs,all his megalomaniac/saviour complex played out in life 9.We are clued that Krakoa will be screwed over by 1.Mystique, 2.Sinister 3.Shaw(though he is to arrogant to be a true threat- he will be unmasked) 4.this is left field but the lack of genuine plot for Exodus has me worried,he is not a traitor by any means but if he uncovers treachery by either Charles or Magnus(or what he perceives as a betrayal of the cause) there will be hell to pay,his fanaticism is both endearing and creepy.
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-25-2020 at 11:31 PM.