Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Default Flash-centric McFarlane figures!! (OK, Bat-centric...)

If what I've seen is true, waves 3 and 4 of McFarlane's DC figures are going to cost me.
    The two I can't WAIT to get my hands on (and one I'm on the fence about) are:

Modern Flash
    Red Death
    Flashpoint Batman

The rest of line should be pretty cool too:

Dawnbreaker
    Devastator
    Modern Joker
    Murder Machine
    Red Hood
    There's also an undisclosed vehicle and figure.

STILL leaning way too heavily on the Batverse, but these figures should look AMAZING.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ActionFigur...ng_leak_image/
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I hope they do an Outsiders line! Katana, Black Lightning. They both need cool updated figures.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    STILL leaning way too heavily on the Batverse, but these figures should look AMAZING.
    Exactly. If these leaks are true, we're sitting at 20 Bat-related characters and 9 of everyone else. It's ridiculous. Makes me miss Mattel.

It'll be nice to see the Flash one. Part of me wishes it was an animated one to match the GL/Bats/Superman ones.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

It's the house that Batman built. What do you expect?
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Variety? At least with Mattel they would throw in other characters with the Bat-ones. Heck, the first wave had Orion, Red Tornado and Etrigan in it. Not entire waves of Bat characters.

And Batman didn't build that house. Superman did. His popularity well exceeded Batman for years.

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Ultimate Member

VARIETY

Because you can not keep flooding the market.

Because all you do is have a LOT of unsold Batman stuff.

Marvel was built on Spider-Man-yet Falcon can still get figures way more than every single black character at DC can.

We still see Black Widow, Black Panther, X-Men, FF and others.

Batman should not be an excuse to NOT do anything with anyone else.

Can you imagine how brilliant a Justice League Dark line would like done by McFarlane??
    Detective Chimp would be a blast!
    How about Lobo?
    I know I'd buy a Kate Spencer Manhunter figure in a heartbeat
    Legion? Outsiders? Titans? GLC? Darkstars? New Gods? How about Adam Strange??
    There are SO many amazing options to choose from, the fact that damn near everything so far is Bat-related is doing everyone a disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It'll be nice to see the Flash one. Part of me wishes it was an animated one to match the GL/Bats/Superman ones.
    Yeah, I'm REALLY hoping for the animated version as well.
    It'd also be great to see the other speedsters get some love as well. Jay, Max, Johnny, John Fox, XS, Savitar
    *sigh* A man can dream.....

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yeah, I'm REALLY hoping for the animated version as well.
    It'd also be great to see the other speedsters get some love as well. Jay, Max, Johnny, John Fox, XS, Savitar
    *sigh* A man can dream.....
    I'd love for a Jay. I have an entire shelf with all the Mattel JSA ones and the only character noticeably missing is Jay. I'd also love for an Impulse one. The last one they did was a variant for the New 52 Kid Flash one so it was limited. Could never find that one.

I never saw the Impulse variant!!!
    It's something that really aggravates my OCD - the fact I don't own an Impulse figure as part of my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Variety? At least with Mattel they would throw in other characters with the Bat-ones. Heck, the first wave had Orion, Red Tornado and Etrigan in it. Not entire waves of Bat characters.

And Batman didn't build that house. Superman did. His popularity well exceeded Batman for years.
    DC doesn't have any confidence that their other characters are going to sell.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

DC doesn't have any confidence that their other characters are going to sell.
    Which I don't get!
    The McFarlane figures aren't on shelves anywhere in Australia but specialty toy stores or comic shops. They aren't on racks in Target or K-Mart etc (unlike Marvel Legends figures).
    So if that's the position they're taking, why not lean more heavily into the DCU roster? They obviously aren't aiming for a wide non-comic reading audience so what's to lose from releasing some left field options?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The sculpts for this line are pretty good but I'm hesitant to collect it due to the high majority of Batman related figures. I love Batman and his world but I'm just not THAT into it that I want characters like Flashpoint Batman and Red Death. I wish they would make more non-Batman characters like Black Lightning, Zatanna, Hawkman, Vixen, Cheetah, Giganta, Black Manta, Liberty Belle, Sargon the Sorcerer, Air Wave, Black Orchid, & I...Vampire.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Marvel Legends released a Living Laser figure for Christ's sake!!
    You're telling me DC can't muster the balls to move away from the Batverse for a wave or two??