Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tell The Truth, Superman, Are You Socially Distancing?

Sure, demonstrating six feet socially approved distance, but I note Superman is holding the lasso. Has he disinfected his hands? Will Diana have to disinfect it afterwards? Is this now a good opportunity for Diana to ask Clark if he remembers when they were a couple, or did the Convergence superman memory wipe that out? And did Superman really kill Los Lane's boyfriend Jonathan Carroll and bury him under the Fortress Of Solitude? There's no other explanation.
    Both the above picture and the text excerpts are from:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tell...ly-distancing/

This is just something I'm tossing in because it belongs here. :

Last edited by SuperCrab; 06-23-2020 at 10:48 AM.

I'm sure the Superman/Wonder Woman regular posters will appreciate this ad. When I saw this, I was reminded of the Amazo Virus arc from Geoff Johns' run where Superman was immune to the Amazo Virus that Luthor created to rob him of his powers. It makes sense Clark's immune system would be just as durable as his body is to harm.

BANNED

Cute ad, not sure why anyone would misinterpret it as supporting Superman/Wonder Woman though in any romantic capacity.

Superman and Wonder Woman are social distanced in the ad. They aren’t a couple. Putting aside theories about immunity, if this were real life and Superman could spread the virus, he would be quarantined with Lois and Jon and that’s pretty much it. He and the rest of the JL would have to remain 6 feet apart.

Apparently the past ad featured Batman and Damien and the ad was odd distinctly because as parent and child one would hope they had decided to stay in same household. So for this one they distinctly chose two people who aren’t in the same household.

Superman isn’t going to promote social distancing with Lois Lane because they sleep in the same bed and don’t have to social distance.
    Last edited by Nelliebly; 06-23-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Superman and Wonder Woman were immune to the amazo virus and are certainly immune to all terrestrial viruses due to their divine and alien origins, but using them to influence social distance is an excellent idea! It shows that even the most privileged should keep their distance for the good of others! Such important and popular characters should set an example! Bravo DC!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebly View Post
    Cute ad, not sure why anyone would misinterpret it as supporting Superman/Wonder Woman though in any romantic capacity.

Superman and Wonder Woman are social distanced in the ad. They aren’t a couple.
    Do you see the looks the two of them are giving each other? Definitely some sexual tension there. It looks like they would really like to be a lot closer than they are and are making a big sacrifice to follow the social distancing guidelines. Also, the lasso itself has it's origins in the sexual fetishes of the original creator of Wonder Woman comics and, even though it doesn't necessarily have that connotation in modern comics (and here it's probably a play on some social distancing things where people, including a police department, have filmed videos holding tape measures between them), some people are going to see it that way.

To be clear, I don't think DC Comics intended this public service announcement to be romantic or sexual in nature (Also, a public service announcement is probably non-canon anyway. Do we even know that coronavirus is a thing in the DC comics universe continuity?). They took two popular characters in their costumes with one of Wonder Woman's common accessories and featured them looking friendly. However, all art is open to interpretation. The first thing I thought of when I saw this was their New52-era romance. Also, that Superman is in the wrong costume. But I always think that last part when I see a post-new52 Superman.

It's from Bleeding Cool? Then 100% it's trying to provoke forum-dwelling fans, and it looks like it succeeded.

Incredible Member

Seems to me they having a difficult time staying six feet apart, if anyting they both seem ready to pull the other closer. Who knows maybe on another earth they don't have to social distance, like earth 52?

But as always tony daniel art is always appreciated. He did really draw them well together.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-23-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Astonishing Member

Wouldn't characters like Superman and Wonder Woman pretty much have to walk around in hazmat suits 24/7 since Covid can infect you even if you don't show symptoms. It might not effect Diana much since she doesn't seem to deal with regular people too much, but Superman has a boss on the older side, Lois, the Kents are elderly.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Flip it on its side and it can become a "You must be this tall to ride this ride" sign.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Flip it on its side and it can become a "You must be this tall to ride this ride" sign.
    Yeah, but Diana is tall enough/old enough to ride

Incredible Member

Maybe when this is all over they can recycle the art at DC themed theme park rides.

When you put it that way, the answer is no, they are not social distancing. WW is about 6 feet tall, right?

socdis.jpg

And by not social distancing she lost her hand and foot.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

And by not social distancing she lost her hand and foot.
    Damn that Leifeld! I will refrain from making the obvious joke about Power Girl social distancing because I'm just too classy.

This PSA is a month or so old. It was already posted on twitter and actually the first to be posted. It’s not a reaction to Batman and Damian. Tony Daniel did about 2 or 3 more sets. If anything it’s a no brainer to have your iconic dynamic duos Batman/Robin and Superman/Wonder Woman for these kind of important ads.

I miss Tony’s SMWW art. The smirky faces are cute. They are both holding the lasso so even apart they are still “connected together”, which is the message in itself.